Bill Polian: T.O. and Randy Moss don't belong in HOF

YoloinOhio

I'm not anti-TO getting in and he will eventually get in. As will Moss. But Polian's comments are not as nonsensical as being argued... they are based on the current criteria. That is all I am saying. It is pretty clear what that criteria is.... even if you or anyone else doesn't agree with it.

What are the current criteria and how are they different from the previous criteria?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't necessarily agree with Bill.

But there's a reason why he's made millions in football while we fans pay millions. He thinks about the business differently, more holistically. We evaluate the product we see on the field because that's the only part we see with our own eyes.

Polian has a POV that's both broader and deeper. As an insider, he knows more intimately than we do just how important the other stuff is... the effort on the practice field... the influence in the locker room... and so on.

I think discounting Polian's opinion because he's old or whatever is shortsighted. This is a man with proven football acumen and he has a valid viewpoint, even if we see things differently.

Edited by hondo in seattle

But there's a reason why he's made millions in football while we fans pay millions. He thinks about the business differently, more holistically. We evaluate the product we see on the field because that's the only part we see with our own eyes.

Polian has a POV that's both broader and deeper. As an insider, he knows more intimately than we do just how important the other stuff is... the effort on the practice field... the influence in the locker room... and so on.

I think discounting Polian's opinion because he's old or whatever is shortsighted. This is a man with proven football acumen and he has a valid viewpoint, even if we see things differently.

Even smart and talented people can fall out of touch. I'm a believer in not placing anyone on a pedestal, and Polian has had far too many questionable takes over the past several years to continue giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Polian is paid to give his opinions.

But his opinion on why a player shouldn't be inducted into the HOF is no more "valid" than those that think that player should be. Especially those opinions from the actual HOF voters who think so.