How does YOUR #1 Draft Pick Help Us Topple the Pats???

#34fan

My pick is Deshaun Watson (if still there) and he helps because I believe he will be a franchise Quarterback.

Now I know a lot don't agree with me on that... we have done that argument to death my view on him is documented in my QB evaluation thread I won't repeat it again. If you want to know why I believe that you can find the thread.

What cannot be argued is finding a franchise Quarterback would be the single best way to topple New England.

There are no franchise QB's in this draft. Teams will chase this year just like last year. No thanks to chasing Watson. His shortcomings are well documented. This style of QB rarely transforms into a franchise QB. Give me the accurate, quick release, and great vision QB . That QB doesn't exist in this draft. Gunner, with respect, I think you are way off.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watson played the most nfl-like defense you can face in college and succeeded TWICE, even in the loss. so if he is still there take him. way safer than to project a guy like trubisky. watson already showed he can play.

now, if tyrod is kept then we need weapons. i like williams better than davis simply because of competition faced.would be happy with any of them though.

There are no franchise QB's in this draft. Teams will chase this year just like last year. No thanks to chasing Watson. His shortcomings are well documented. This style of QB rarely transforms into a franchise QB. Give me the accurate, quick release, and great vision QB . That QB doesn't exist in this draft. Gunner, with respect, I think you are way off.

This is likely to be a lost year for McDoomed and his new staff, anyway... A clueless rookie could be the rotten cherry atop the ugliest sundae you ever saw in your life!

We already know what Taylor gives...-So do the Pats... Cardale, is still very much a mystery... Get him some help up front, plus a couple reliable targets... I saw a mediocre to BAD 2ndary on the field for NE during the Superbowl...

EASY to exploit with the right tools.

Edited by #34fan

I take no disrespect, I just disagree strongly. I stand by my evaluation and I am happy to be judged on that.

I don't see a rookie QB as being able to trade points with Brady UNLESS they have the weapons to do so...

Matt Patricia will break his spirit before the kid even has a chance.... It's a big reason I roll with Cardale, and then give him the TOOLS to pick Butler, Ryan, McCourty, and Chung apart... He may need help up front to keep Hightower, Branch, and flowers off him, but a rookie under center is just asking for trouble.

I don't think anyone expects us to beat Brady next year.

As a rookie, yeah, a QB won't likely do it anymore than any other rookie. But players don't stay rookies forever.

That's exactly what I mean... Evan Engram is far from a prototypical TE... In fact he's plays more like a big WR than anything else

Like Julio Jones he's a weapon... Very hard for a defense like the cheaters to stop.

Ok I got your thought now but you lose me on the comparisons of Engram and Julio - then the comparison on how the Pats tried to defend Julio vs how they would defend a TE.

I guess we'll just try and agree that adding weapons would obviously be helpful.

Ok I got your thought now but you lose me on the comparisons of Engram and Julio - then the comparison on how the Pats tried to defend Julio vs how they would defend a TE.

I guess we'll just try and agree that adding weapons would obviously be helpful.

I've watched them both, and see a lot of physical similarities in the way they play.... You don't have to line Engram up like a TE.... IMO, he's not that good of a blocker.... What he does well is CATCH, run CLEAN basic routes, and rip contested balls out of the air....

LOVE the kid... If Engram was three inches taller, and named OJ Howard, he'd be my favorite.

It's about three years early to say there are no franchise QBs in this draft. Three at least.

If that's the way it looks to you, fair enough, but that's an opinion, not a fact. Could very easily be a correct opinion too. I personally am not 100% convinced, though.

watson played the most nfl-like defense you can face in college and succeeded TWICE, even in the loss. so if he is still there take him. way safer than to project a guy like trubisky. watson already showed he can play.

now, if tyrod is kept then we need weapons. i like williams better than davis simply because of competition faced.would be happy with any of them though.

I don't have much confidence in Watson becoming a good NFL QB. That doesn't mean I will be correct. No one will know until we see him play. Your opinion is no less valid than mine. With that said, I don't know if success against Bama is really some sort of guarantee that a QB will be great in the NFL. Johnny Manziel,Cardale Jones, and Chad Kelly were all great against Bama as well.

I don't have much confidence in Watson becoming a good NFL QB. That doesn't mean I will be correct. No one will know until we see him play. Your opinion is no less valid than mine. With that said, I don't know if success against Bama is really some sort of guarantee that a QB will be great in the NFL. Johnny Manziel,Cardale Jones, and Chad Kelly were all great against Bama as well.

A QB's greatest quality is LEADERSHIP.

You can have the strongest, most accurate arm, the best field vision, and the greatest O-line... If you're not up to LEAD MEN when the time comes, -Fughetttaboutit. That's the riddle of Tom Brady.... Leading by example, and having your team trust you.

I take no disrespect, I just disagree strongly. I stand by my evaluation and I am happy to be judged on that.

Gunner, great response. I respect your opinion and knowledge. Glad we can be civil when we disagree.

It's about three years early to say there are no franchise QBs in this draft. Three at least.

If that's the way it looks to you, fair enough, but that's an opinion, not a fact. Could very easily be a correct opinion too. I personally am not 100% convinced, though.

Oh Thurman. You are so right. Way too early to tell and of course I can be dead wrong. That's the beauthy of this forum....

A QB's greatest quality is LEADERSHIP.

You can have the strongest, most accurate arm, the best field vision, and the greatest O-line... If you're not up to LEAD MEN when the time comes, -Fughetttaboutit. That's the riddle of Tom Brady.... Leading by example, and having your team trust you.

Leadership is ONE of the most qualities important qualities you need in a QB. That doesn't mean that it can be the only quality. Just because a guy is a strong leader doesn't mean he will succeed in the NFL. Leadership doesn't matter if the guy can't produce on the field. Accuracy and ball security are just as important traits in a QB. Without these the QB can't succeed. This nullifies any leadership abilities.

Brady is the potential goat because he is a great leader who also has one of the all time greatest abilities to process the game. Take that ability away and he is nothing. Watson might be a natural leader, but that does nothing to erase my concerns about accuracy,ball security, and the ability to play from the pocket.

Leadership is ONE of the most qualities important qualities you need in a QB. That doesn't mean that it can be the only quality. Just because a guy is a strong leader doesn't mean he will succeed in the NFL. Leadership doesn't matter if the guy can't produce on the field. Accuracy and ball security are just as important traits in a QB. Without these the QB can't succeed. This nullifies any leadership abilities.

Brady is the potential goat because he is a great leader who also has one of the all time greatest abilities to process the game. Take that ability away and he is nothing. Watson might be a natural leader, but that does nothing to erase my concerns about accuracy,ball security, and the ability to play from the pocket.

I don't really see Watson as a natural leader at this point... And I have the same concerns about his game as you do... So much so, that I could NEVER advocate grabbing him at #10 overall... I don't see his limited skill set propelling us past Brady, Patricia, and Bellichick... IF he was there in the third, I would be all over it... Sadly, our needs are too great, and there's just too much good stuff in this draft to waste a #1 on a "MAYBE" QB...