Why not simplify the stategic plan for next year.

gjv001

If the goal for next season is to win as many games as possible and end the playoff drought, would it not be prudent to keep the 2016 offense in tact and focus free agency and the draft on improving the defense and special teams?

If the goal for next season is to win as many games as possible and end the playoff drought, would it not be prudent to keep the 2016 offense in tact and focus free agency and the draft on improving the defense and special teams?

I see what you're saying I think but none of the units on Rex's team had a lot of tact to keep.

You are assuming that we all see a playoff team here. We don't all agree with you. I see a team that won 7 games last year and is headed down.

You are assuming that we all see a playoff team here. We don't all agree with you. I see a team that won 7 games last year and is headed down.

Would we not be happy to have a top 10 scoring offense again in 2017?

Are you bringing back Greg Roman with Anthony Lynn calling the plays? Are you paying Robert Woods 8 million?

How do you get to keep what you like in a vacuum?

I would like to have Lynn back as OC, but that's not possible. However I would not change the offense. I prefer to keep and improve on an offense that has proved to be successful.

Ideally, I agree, keeping most of the same unit should result in success...

But then again, we thought our defense would be good in 2015 after the successful 2014 season. :/

The roster from the 2014 defense was not suited for the defense implemented in 2015. That's what I would avoid with our current offense.

I would like to have Lynn back as OC, but that's not possible. However I would not change the offense. I prefer to keep and improve on an offense that has proved to be successful.

Well, the offense is getting changed. Dennison runs a Kubiak offense. Which is great but no one knows how that would work with Tyrod. So don't assume everything will be the same.

Also, Bills will have let Robert Woods (likely), Goodwin, Hogan, and Harvin all walk out the door. Who is going to catch the football? Do you assume Sammy is healthy?

If you use your first pick on a WR then you have huge holes in your defense. When you pay Tyrod it leaves no money for free agency.

Are you bringing back Greg Roman with Anthony Lynn calling the plays? Are you paying Robert Woods 8 million?

How do you get to keep what you like in a vacuum?

Improving the OL would be a nice start. Another wide receiver would also help. A decent defense would serve to shorten the field and create more turnovers. Last but not least, Tyrod will at least be more experienced.

I am not the biggest optimist on the board but it's POSSIBLE that the Bills will improve. I suppose that's easy to say in February. :)

That would make too much sense for them to build on an improved offense just like it would have made too much sense for Rex & Co to just build on the championship defense we had before he :censored: it up.

Improving the OL would be a nice start. Another wide receiver would also help. A decent defense would serve to shorten the field and create more turnovers. Last but not least, Tyrod will at least be more experienced.

I am not the biggest optimist on the board but it's POSSIBLE that the Bills will improve. I suppose that's easy to say in February. :)

Improving the Oline would be nice. But don't you believe it's the Defense that needs to get better in order to end the playoff drought next year.

I agree that the offense could be improved. But I don't see how they fix the defense and offense together in one off-season. One of the sides of the ball will suffer. They can't use free agency and they are losing a lot of free agents.

Offense needs 3-4 WR's! And a RT. And who knows what the blocking scheme changes will do to players just getting better like John Miller.

I agree that the offense could be improved. But I don't see how they fix the defense and offense together in one off-season. One of the sides of the ball will suffer. They can't use free agency and they are losing a lot of free agents.

Offense needs 3-4 WR's! And a RT. And who knows what the blocking scheme changes will do to players just getting better like John Miller.

Don't you feel our 2016 top ten scoring offense was good enough to make the playoffs?

Wish that could happen, but it won't for so many reasons. It's a new year and a new staff. I just hope we don't see a top 10 defense, only to see the offense fall to 30. It's just the way we seem to do it. :(

Don't you feel our 2016 top ten scoring offense was good enough to make the playoffs?

I do, but the architects are gone. We may (and I hope we DO) keep some elements, but they're going to do their own thing. I just hope they work to suit our players skill set rather than try to ram a square peg............into my brain! If they try to suit our players, it will have some similarities.

Things aren't static. The system is changing on both offense and defense and there will be a great deal of turnover on this roster. There is no one size fits all fix here.

That's the point. The Offense is fine, let's focus on what needs fixing; the defense and special teams.

But when you give Tyrod a pay raise you will have less money for other positions. And we don't get to have 2016 come back. Roberts Woods is a Free Agent. Are you paying him 8 million?

Tyrod Taylor lead a top ten scoring offense without his starting receiving corp for 12 of 16 games. I would not be surprised that 22 other teams would be happy to pay the league QB average salary to achieve those results.