The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What is interesting is Morning Psycho has been beating on Trump since the day he was elected. Did they honestly think he would let that go and never punch back? You'd have thought the "bleeding from her facelift" tweet would have shown them that nothing is out of bounds, but noooooo.

I had forgotten that one. Trump’s a better counter puncher than Muhammad Ali. :w00t:

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/26/2020 at 12:57 PM, SectionC3 said:

You’re straining to see something that isn’t there.  Sad!

This is interesting.  Was the video a deep fake? Edited, cut and pasted?  

What he said seemed pretty straightforward.  He was actually quite lucid this time around.  

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, njbuff said:

You still don't get why Trump won in 2016.

But I will agree that this isn't a road I would travel down if I was Trump, but those two have hated Trump since Trump dissed them at his country club.

The gloves are off and anything goes now. 

I absolutely understand why Trump won (or, in my view, Hillary lost) in 2016.  

But this isn’t about politics.  It’s about the understanding of one half of the “Washed Up Psycho” list of the law with respect to libel and his position that Scarborough has a “rock solid libel case” against Trump.  I’m eager to hear the explanation of why and how that case would be “rock solid.”

24 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

And, yet, you are the one who is so wrong, so often, in the very area in which you claim to have expertise. Why is that?

Hoax.  I’m not wrong often.  And I’m definitely not wrong on the law here.  

Care to share instances in which you believe that I have misstated the law?

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is interesting.  Was the video a deep fake? Edited, cut and pasted?  

What he said seemed pretty straightforward.  He was actually quite lucid this time around.  

In SectionC3's defense, when his presidential candidate pretty much tells African Americans that they better not stray off the Democratic Party plantation, he really has no other option than to brush off as nothing. Seeing racism alive and well at the top of the Democratic party doesn't really reconcile with the "we are the enlightened and everyone outside of our party is a racist" mantra.  They don't like to see things that show them as the very thing they accuse everyone else of being.

Nobody likes a mirror when the reflection is ugly....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

In SectionC3's defense, when his presidential candidate pretty much tells African Americans that they better not stray off the Democratic Party plantation, he really has no other option than to brush off as nothing. Seeing racism alive and well at the top of the Democratic party doesn't really reconcile with the "we are the enlightened and everyone outside of our party is a racist" mantra.  They don't like to see things that show them as the very thing they accuse everyone else of being.

Ugly's being generous.

That *****'s on fire.

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I had forgotten that one. Trump’s a better counter puncher than Muhammad Ali. :w00t:

His ability to counterpunch is especially impressive in view of his morbid obesity.  He’s a Butterbean of sorts.  

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Hoax.  Nobody said anything about a plantation.  Much as Trump didn’t say anything about Charlottesville.  

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Care to share instances in which you believe that I have misstated the law?

That would be too easy. Just pull up pretty much any post in which you have applied your legal "expertise."

Hey, why don't you list for us all those factors again, based on your vast experience in the legal field and sexual assault cases, why Dr. Ford's testimony was credible.

Oh, wait....

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

That would be too easy. Just pull up pretty much any post in which you have applied your legal "expertise."

Hey, why don't you list for us all those factors again, based on your vast experience in the legal field and sexual assault cases, why Dr. Ford's testimony was credible.

Oh, wait....

When pressed for specifics, billsfan1959 folds.  As usual.  Sad!

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I thought about that, but is it better to ignore the comment and quietly enable the guy or jump online and claim someone else has misunderstood the spoken word? 

I think S3 believes the video is edited deceptively, because to suggest otherwise seems nonsensical.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I thought about that, but is it better to ignore the comment and quietly enable the guy or jump online and claim someone else has misunderstood the spoken word? 

I think S3 believes the video is edited deceptively, because to suggest otherwise seems nonsensical.  

Fake news. 

6 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I watched it.  They’re both right, to a point.  What struck me about the exchange was the assumption that the COVID issue is over.  I wish it was.  Maybe it is as far as the market is concerned.  But I don’t think we’re there yet and a lot of the economic issues they argued might be premature.  

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Says the house of cards....

Oh no, sir.  You said I’m wrong a lot.  Then you said it’s easy to prove.  And then you couldn’t back it up.  The floor is yours, big boy.  Let’s hear about how I’m always wrong on matters and issues of law.  

Edited by SectionC3

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din:beer:.

I just think he is a hypocrite

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Fake news. 

I watched it.  They’re both right, to a point.  What struck me about the exchange was the assumption that the COVID issue is over.  I wish it was.  Maybe it is as far as the market is concerned.  But I don’t think we’re there yet and a lot of the economic issues they argued might be premature.  

People just need to calm own. Expressing anxiety about a virus that has a .2 -.5 kill rate is ridiculous. Democrats need to realize that Republicans are Americans too, and vice versa. I personally think that normal non politician Democrats want the economy to come back alive as much as the normal non politician Republican.Stop the political posturing and focus all that energy expelled in political posturing to open main street America as soon as safely possible which, in most cases is right f*ck!ing now!

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

People just need to calm own. Expressing anxiety about a virus that has a .2 -.5 kill rate is ridiculous. Democrats need to realize that Republicans are Americans too, and vice versa. I personally think that normal non politician Democrats want the economy to come back alive as much as the normal non politician Republican.Stop the political posturing and focus all that energy expelled in political posturing to open main street America as soon as safely possible which, in most cases is right f*ck!ing now!

I agree with most of that.  You’re spot on about the kill rate.  I’m worried about ramifications of COVID exposure, e.g., long term damage to lungs that we aren’t fully aware of.  I wish more Americans were amenable to masks.  It would help the process get started sooner. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Oh no, sir.  You said I’m wrong a lot.  Then you said it’s easy to prove.  And then you couldn’t back it up.  The floor is yours, big boy.  Let’s her about how I’m always wrong on matters and issues of law.  

I think just about anyone on this board would say they don't need any further proof.

But I will make you a deal. You previously stated, based on your legal experience and experience working on sexual assault cases that you believed Dr. Ford's testimony. But you refused to provide anything specific.

So, for eveyone here, that you love chastizing because they dare weigh in on legal matters with no "expertise", please share the specific things you saw, based on your vast experience, that made her testimony credible. You made the claims. Back them up.

If you do, then I will show you where else you are wrong as well.

Cheers

8 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

That was royal. I don’t watch that show much anymore. CNBC hasn’t been the same since Maria Bartiromo left for FBN. 

17 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The Dems are nothing if not butt ugly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I agree with most of that.  You’re spot on about the kill rate.  I’m worried about ramifications of COVID exposure, e.g., long term damage to lungs that we aren’t fully aware of.  I wish more Americans were amenable to masks.  It would help the process get started sooner. 

The problem with masks, is that people think it stops them from contracting the virus. Only the N-95 does that (NOT the paper surgical or cloth masks, which are essentially worthless,) and some studies that even an N-95 wont protect you from picking up the virus through the air. A paper surgical mask will cut down on the spread from your nasal droplets if you are infected. So, a lot of people (who are misguided) think they are superman running around thinking they are protected and not social distancing, they get a false sense of security.

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din:beer:.

I just think he is a hypocrite

He is, and certainly this recent interaction doesn't help his case.  I just hoped he had more to offer other than accusing a fine poster like @3rdnlng of misunderstanding a direct quote. Deep fake, editing etc.  I think what Joe said was pretty clear. 

I also asked a while back about a comment he made where hurling insults was indicative of losing an argument.  I was hoping maybe I misunderstood that as well, or maybe I attributed the post to the wrong poster.  I am pretty sure he wrote that, and has gone about tossing insults and name calling, indicating lost arguments.  No reply.

Then again, to be fair, he was all over the Flynn case being over and there is nothing going on there at all.  I think Flynn is learning a new trade at Leavenworth as we speak.

• Awesome! (+1) 1