The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This has been one of the stupidest "get Trump" talking points yet (and that is really saying something!)

A generic, off-patent drug is the opposite of a money maker. And, I wouldn't be shocked if that was why the hard push against hydroxychloroquine + zinc. Not a money maker.   The screechers appear to be valuing money (long-term testing for a $2,000 drug), over lives (a readily available 50¢ drug).

They need this situation to be as horrible as possible to help nasty nancys impeach v2 after this is all over.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thanks! :beer: 

... The thing I took away from that is, he bought a gorilla?! 

LOL The first half of that interview was out there - I did laugh though.

And they are attacking him for saying that now is not the time to crap on Trump, and we need to come together as a nation. It is incredible what the hyena pack of TDS afflicted will B word about.

• Like (+1) 4

The last thing people need in times of crisis is hope. Thank goodness for NBC News to set fire to any remaining shred of optimism we might have about hydroxychloroquine as a viable COVID19 treatment:

I agree with the following........

Here's how I would headline that piece: "Amid ongoing testing, some anecdotes suggest a benefit; others don't" Informative, accurate, yet hopeful. Maybe this will help you, but be realistic with that expectation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The last thing people need in times of crisis is hope. Thank goodness for NBC News to set fire to any remaining shred of optimism we might have about hydroxychloroquine as a viable COVID19 treatment:

Here's how I would headline that piece: "Amid ongoing testing, some anecdotes suggest a benefit; others don't" Informative, accurate, yet hopeful. Maybe this will help you, but be realistic with that expectation.

NBC “News” POUNCES WITHOUT EVIDENCE On a story from unnamed sources in China that there Are no new cases reported there. 
That’s because If anyone reports a new case, they’re killed. 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Thing is, IF that article describing why hydroxychloroquine is effective with treating COVID & malaria is correct (again, a big if), then it makes sense that the drug doesn't help the sickest patients.  They've already lost too many functional rbc's to allow preventing damage to the few remaining healthy rbc's to provide enough oxygen long enough for a patient's body to produce enough new cells to keep from choking outback patient's organs.

Again, if that's how COVID attacks the cells and how the drug prevents COVID from damaging the body's hemoglobin, then it would seem combining that treatment along with tbc transfusions (or even whole blood) would improve the recovery rates yet more.  

How’s the media doing?

A Pew Research poll finds that “54% of U.S. adults say the news media have done an excellent or good job responding to the coronavirus outbreak.” Forty-six percent say the media’s response has been fair or poor. Americans who get their news from print and network TV (as opposed to Twitter or cable TV) rate the media’s performance even more positively. Among those who get their news primarily from network TV, 68 percent rate the media’s response as excellent or good; 66 percent who get their news from print outlets say the same. Only 41 percent of the crowd that gets it news from the least reliable sources — social media — think the media is doing an excellent or good job.

• Haha (+1) 1