Shady: PFF "a bunch of nerds" for leaving him off top 101

YoloinOhio

This is one of the worst posts of all time. He gets caught for 5 yard losses like Spiller used to? How often does this happen? Maybe once a season or less. You just made that up. You obviously have an agenda.

wow you must be one of those people who watches games and completely misunderstands what hes seeing, then backs the losers responsible for the losses....you probably backed edwards for 3+ years and blamed the line, anywho....

i dont know where to look it up but going back to 2015 and the first 2 games of 2016 w roman, shady constantly had runs for losses, not always 5yarders but some were, some were more. the philly game was his worst, he tried way too hard for big plays and had a bunch of negative runs. The start of this year, maybe due to romans scheme, he had a bunch as well esp against the ravens.

SInce you called out my post ill bet you 20 bucks via paypal im right, produce the stats just put a link to the nerd site and lets both look. then you can pay me

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

wow you must be one of those people who watches games and completely misunderstands what hes seeing, then backs the losers responsible for the losses....you probably backed edwards for 3+ years and blamed the line, anywho....

i dont know where to look it up but going back to 2015 and the first 2 games of 2016 w roman, shady constantly had runs for losses, not always 5yarders but some were, some were more. the philly game was his worst, he tried way too hard for big plays and had a bunch of negative runs. The start of this year, maybe due to romans scheme, he had a bunch as well esp against the ravens.

SInce you called out my post ill bet you 20 bucks via paypal im right, produce the stats just put a link to the nerd site and lets both look. then you can pay me

When you have some real money to bet with, you let me know.

Not that I am going to make a random bet via paypal with some internet psycho.

You should google Michael Jordan manufactured up sleights. Someone could say he was "one of the best players" to do something and he would get worked up over not being acknowledged simply as "the best". This has nothing to do with growing up, although it does expose a bias you have against him.

The difference is simply in how it looks to fans. Jordan won championships. McCoy hasn't won anything. Championship players and teams have earned the right to complain about whatever they want. When you are on a team that isn't championship caliber these type of rants resonate poorly with the fans. People (including myself) are left with the impression that the player should be more focused on winning games, and less focused on personal accomplishments. When a guy like Jordan wins titles they have reached the pinnacle of their team sport. At that point worrying about personal accomplishments doesn't come across as being quite so selfish. Guys like Jordan have achieved everything they can for their team. McCoy had a great season. He is certainly the least of this team's worries. Unfortunately the team failed to achieve any considerable success. That one simple fact makes him comments more ill advised. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Shady led NFL running backs in Yards per Carry by a pretty wide margin in 2016.

McCoy might be paying attention to this more than most think he should because in his world PFF can be a big deal.

Almost every (if not all) NFL team subscribes to the corporate version of PFF and use it heavily. Many treat the -1, 0, +1 grading like gospel.

When teams create an analytics department, they are hiring some out of work coach or freelance sports report writer to make them PDFs based off of both internal data and PFF data. Coaches use them for scouting and front offices use them for grading free agents.

McCoy is around this stuff during his average day at work. Probably puts some stock in to it.

When you have some real money to bet with, you let me know.

Not that I am going to make a random bet via paypal with some internet psycho.

ya dont look up the stats or anything just rip posts and call people names, guess the truth would hurt you too much, with your man crush on mccoy and all, or maybe its that youre a woman? also you dont "make the bet" on paypal nimrod, you just pay when you look up the proof and see your wrong.

yes 14 games playing well will do that. look at the 18 games before that, 2015 was pretty crappy and if you lose yards on a first down it changes the next 2 downs and forces a pass and a 3 n out most likely, which we had tons of. doesnt matter if he rips off one 50 yarder later where we kick an fg after going 3 n out 4 times in a row. his ypc are like our ppg, good, but we all know 3 n outs killed us this year and last, mostly due to tightwad but also due to shady leaving us with 2nd and 13's several times.

Edited by re enlightener

McCoy might be paying attention to this more than most think he should because in his world PFF can be a big deal.

Almost every (if not all) NFL team subscribes to the corporate version of PFF and use it heavily. Many treat the -1, 0, +1 grading like gospel.

When teams create an analytics department, they are hiring some out of work coach or freelance sports report writer to make them PDFs based off of both internal data and PFF data. Coaches use them for scouting and front offices use them for grading free agents.

McCoy is around this stuff during his average day at work. Probably puts some stock in to it.

This post brought to you by Cris Collinsworth.

Actually that was Mike Gillislee with 5.7 ypa.........Shady was third.......but among backs with 200+ carries yes, Shady was tops by .2 yards with 5.4.

Shady was very good this year but Karlos and MG were even better....AVERAGING 5.7 ypa combined the past two years on about 250 carries.

Shady should have run for about 5.5 ypa in 2015 but he had a bad season and wasn't following the plays the way they were drawn up.

The Roman system has always been worth .4 yards on a backs production......add Tyrod at QB and you have a good yard per carry added to the ypa of each of these backs.

Some don't want to believe it but I guess to those people MG, Karlos and McCoy are all in the "top 3" RB's in the league. :flirt:

Edited by #BADOL

Actually that was Mike Gillislee with 5.7 ypa.........Shady was third.......but among backs with 200+ carries yes, Shady was tops by .2 yards with 5.4.

Shady was very good this year but Karlos and MG were even better....AVERAGING 5.7 ypa combined the past two years on about 250 carries.

Shady should have run for about 5.5 ypa in 2015 but he had a bad season and wasn't following the plays the way they were drawn up.

The Roman system has always been worth .4 yards on a backs production......add Tyrod at QB and you have a good yard per carry added to the ypa of each of these backs.

Some don't want to believe it but I guess to those people MG, Karlos and McCoy are all in the "top 3" RB's in the league. :flirt:

Where is Karlos now?

Also Gillislee had 47 carries over 5 games in 2015. That's it. If you think that he would have sustained 5.7 yards per carry as a feature back, you are nuts. He had 101 carries this year over 15 games. Again different story if we cut Shady and Gillislee was our feature back.

I like Gillislee, but man you are surely extrapolating statistics a great deal.

Lesean McCoy had more rushing yards than David Johnson, despite 60 less carries...and averaged 1.2 more YPC, in one less game and a couple others he played injured.

Holding rushing yards and blocking "grades" against a RB, is like holding a lack of rushing yards against a QB.

I'm not sure the Bills win 5 games without McCoy, let alone 8 games.

(I'm not saying he's better than Johnson, but if Johnson is #23 then McCoy definitely belongs in the top-101.)

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

ya dont look up the stats or anything just rip posts and call people names, guess the truth would hurt you too much, with your man crush on mccoy and all, or maybe its that youre a woman? also you dont "make the bet" on paypal nimrod, you just pay when you look up the proof and see your wrong.

Yea, I don't have the time to do the research for you. If you want to be an ass-clown and make idiotic statements at least try to back it up. You can go to ESPN right now and go through LeSean McCoy's game logs for the last two years and find out exactly how many times he has run for a 5 yard loss or more. The fact that you are calling on others to do your research for you shows how full of **** you are.

Dude, you're flailing, let it go. We all get things wrong. Shady is an elite back and borderline HOFer. Beyond stats, my eyes tell me this. He's just a rare, rare talent that I think can age well because he doesn't seem to take many big hits and doesn't just pound into the line.

I'm sure you also realize it's much easier to rip off some runs when you're the change of pace guy coming in against a tired D. How did Karlos and Mike fair in the games shady missed?

You're choosing an odd topic to make a stand on.

Edited by SWATeam

yes 14 games playing well will do that. look at the 18 games before that, 2015 was pretty crappy and if you lose yards on a first down it changes the next 2 downs and forces a pass and a 3 n out most likely, which we had tons of. doesnt matter if he rips off one 50 yarder later where we kick an fg after going 3 n out 4 times in a row. his ypc are like our ppg, good, but we all know 3 n outs killed us this year and last, mostly due to tightwad but also due to shady leaving us with 2nd and 13's several times.

Shady was mismanaged in 2015. He never should have played at the beginning of the year with that hamstring, and the only way you could say it was "pretty crappy" would be by comparing it to the McCoy standard.

Dude, you're flailing, let it go. We all get things wrong. Shady is an elite back and borderline HOFer. Beyond stats, my eyes tell me this. He's just a rare, rare talent that I think can age well because he doesn't seem to take many big hits and doesn't just pound into the line.

I'm sure you also realize it's much easier to rip off some runs when you're the change of pace guy coming in against a tired D. How did Karlos and Mike fair in the games shady missed?

You're choosing an odd topic to make a stand on.

You're new here but I've been thru the stats many times.......far more TD's on far less carries from those guys as well.

Shady is what he is.........very good........but he has his issues.......lead the NFL in lost yardage in 2016......not good in blitz pickup(see last play of Seattle game for example)

You're new here but I've been thru the stats many times.......far more TD's on far less carries from those guys as well.

Shady is what he is.........very good........but he has his issues.......lead the NFL in lost yardage in 2016......not good in blitz pickup(see last play of Seattle game for example)

What did you think of Barry Sanders?

Shady was mismanaged in 2015. He never should have played at the beginning of the year with that hamstring, and the only way you could say it was "pretty crappy" would be by comparing it to the McCoy standard.

No, Shady was unfocused, distracted and didn't follow his blocks in 2015.

Shady also had the fewest yards per touch of any qualifying player in 2014.......mismanaged also?

He's generally a 4.4-4.5 ypa back in a league where the average yard per rush is 4.2........he worked hard and stopped taking every carry out of bounds in 2016 and that paid off exactly as I'd projected it should with Taylor at QB in the Roman system.

Edited by #BADOL

No, Shady was unfocused, distracted and didn't follow his blocks in 2015.

Shady also had the fewest yards per touch of any qualifying player in 2014.......mismanaged also?

He's generally a 4.4-4.5 ypa back in a league where the average yard per rush is 4.2........he worked hard and stopped taking every carry out of bounds in 2016 and that paid off exactly as I'd projected it should with Taylor at QB in the Roman system.

So playing hurt wouldn't effect his yards per touch? Interesting.

Look, you obviously don't like a certain style of back and prefer a one cut down hill runner. Fine. I'll take Shady and his contract.

And it's amazing that, even by your standards, he's a better than average YPA back while leading the league in negative yardage

So playing hurt wouldn't effect his yards per touch? Interesting.

Look, you obviously don't like a certain style of back and prefer a one cut down hill runner. Fine. I'll take Shady and his contract.

And it's amazing that, even by your standards, he's a better than average YPA back while leading the league in negative yardage

Playing hurt has been a problem.........he blamed his 2014 issues on injuries, then had a BUNCH of different injuries in 2015. Worked hard to be in better condition for 2016 but was still hindered in a few games by injury this year as well.

His response to age has been to get smaller to keep his quickness.........that hurts him in certain areas like short yardage and pass pro.

And yes he has a lot of negative plays and yards..........but MG takes all the short yardage carries and still maintains his stellar ypa despite all of the 2-3 yard runs(he's great in short yardage as well, btw)........ because he's pretty good and the Bills RB's with Taylor at QB were getting more yards prior to contact than anyone in the NFL.

Give McCoy a few steps and he's more dangerous.........and give MG a few and he has the power and speed to make very big plays as well.

The real key to the Bills run game has been the run-pass-run option of Taylor combined with the Roman scheme.