Phil Jackson must go

major

As a lifelong Knicks fan it saddens to see how far my team has fallen. Phil Jackson must go for obvious reasons. However, if Dolan brings back Isaiah Thomas as GM, I think I may be done. Brooklyn Nets are looking for fans. Guess I may have to cross that bridge. Don't want to, but not sure how much more I can take

I remember him as a player. I went to an NBA game in DC at Capital Center in the mid 70's. He was in the tunnel, leaning against the wall smoking a cigarette and signing autographs. Nice role model for all the young fans! He was blessed being able to coach MJ, other than that, nothing special.

I remember him as a player. I went to an NBA game in DC at Capital Center in the mid 70's. He was in the tunnel, leaning against the wall smoking a cigarette and signing autographs. Nice role model for all the young fans! He was blessed being able to coach MJ, other than that, nothing special.

Yeah, those 5 rings in L.A. meant nothing at all.

Are you sure he wasn't smoking something else? If he seemed exceptionally mellow then the odds are he was partaking of a more relaxing product.

Yes Jackson had exceptional rosters i the championship teams he coached, but to be fair to him the players have gotten gradually harder to deal with. He went from Jordan, the unquestioned best but also a guy who lifted his teammates, to Kobe an unquestionable talent that was all about himself but had a desire to win, to Anthony who is all about himself and loses everywhere he goes in addition to tearing teams apart. Shame on Phil for building around proven poison like Anthony but it is harder and harder to find foundations these days.