Aaron Rodgers 0-35

section122

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5-25 ?

That article is from 2013 and doesn't take into account w/l record of opponent.

I posted in a different thread but Rodgers only averages 1 4th quarter comebacks a year over his career. Since this is one of the main things used to bash TT I wanted to show what the best qb in the game does.

Interesting article. I'll be thinking of that today watching the NFCC game. But it's still stupid for a lot of reasons to compare Tyrod Taylor to Aaron Rodgers.

Believe me I'm not saying TT is rodgers. Rodgers is in arguably a top 3 qb in the game right now.

I'm arguing against how stupid the 4th quarter comebacks stat is. It is a team stat much more than a qb stat imo. This 0-35 includes games where gb took the lead and the defense gave up a game winning score.

Rodgers can't win close games. He's bad in clutch situations.

And yet he's got the 2nd highest passer rating in the last 5 minutes of a game when trailing by 8 or less (among the QBs examined).

Funny how statistics can tell two opposite stories.

Believe me I'm not saying TT is rodgers. Rodgers is in arguably a top 3 qb in the game right now.

I'm arguing against how stupid the 4th quarter comebacks stat is. It is a team stat much more than a qb stat imo. This 0-35 includes games where gb took the lead and the defense gave up a game winning score.

The 4th quarter comeback stat can be misleading, but confidence in your QB to provide your team a chance in those situations is of enormous importance. Does anyone here really think Tyrod Taylor can be counted on to drive down the field late in the 4th quarter to beat a playoff caliber team? I sure don't. I'd happily put the ball in Aaron Rodger's hand though. Here is all I could find on the matter:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RodgAa00

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=TaylTy00

Rodgers can't win close games. He's bad in clutch situations.

And yet he's got the 2nd highest passer rating in the last 5 minutes of a game when trailing by 8 or less (among the QBs examined).

Funny how statistics can tell two opposite stories.

Tebow is clutch. He has the highest 4th qtr tQBR ever.