Sal C. on Rex: Latest In Earliest to Leave HC

Fadingpain

Are you calling Hammer a liar?

I think I said what I said pretty clearly.

This is another attempt to trash the guy by someone inside the organization. Probably someone who recently has been pushing the narrative that he was against hiring Rex.

As an aside, if the Buffalo media had witnessed Rex not being at work (or his truck or any other vehicle not being in the parking lot), they could have reported this themselves WITHOUT Sal now pushing this story for an anonymous (read Doug Whaley) source.

Edited by Peter

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't really news but yeah it was obvious to me pretty quickly what was going on.

The first sign was the ridiculous amount of coaches he was hiring.

No leader who is determined to get results wants more managers than they need.

He hired so many people because he was willing to let them do the work and wasn't going to lose any sleep over winning and losing after a trying, constantly criticized term in NY.

It is news. It has never been reported. I know for certain that a lot of things you suspect aren't true. This one just happened to be.

I am not a big fan of this thinking. Some people who are early in and late to leave are simply inefficient. Not saying Rex was, but time in a desk chair doesn't mean squat to me. Could he not be reviewing tape on an iPad at his house?

That is a good point.

It is interesting and sad that someone inside the organization still seems to be paranoid and looking over his shoulder at Rex - so much so that this person is leaking yet another story to the media - I guess Jason LaCanfora was not available this time.

This is another attempt to trash the guy by someone inside the organization. Probably someone who recently has been pushing the narrative that he was against hiring Rex.

As an aside, if the Buffalo media had witnessed Rex not being at work (or his truck or any other vehicle not being in the parking lot), they could have reported this themselves WITHOUT Sal now pushing this story for an anonymous (read Doug Whaley) source.

Sal was quite clear... someone who has bee there forever... this is NOT coming from Whaley. It is coming from one of the lifers.

Rex Ryan quit on being a Head Football Coach once he realised he was lousy at it. That often happens wih his personality type. Once they realise they can't back up the talk they check out.

Sal did a fairly lengthy 15 or 20 minute segment with S & B and this just randomly came up in the context of other conversation.

S&B didn't even really dwell on it as much as you might think.

It definitely wasn't a "story" being "pushed" by Sal.

It was just a comment made among many others during a 15 minute + conversation about many different Bills related topics.

Sal was quite clear... someone who has bee there forever... this is NOT coming from Whaley. It is coming from one of the lifers.

Rex Ryan quit on being a Head Football Coach once he realised he was lousy at it. That often happens wih his personality type. Once they realise they can't back up the talk they check out.

Whatever you want to believe.

I listen to WGR a lot (read too much). I also follow Sal on Twitter. Whether he believes it or not, he clearly has been pushing the Doug Whaley narrative that he was not involved with anything that is perceived to be bad or to have gone wrong in the organization. I like Sal, but I think that he is being played.

I listen to WGR a lot (read too much). I also follow Sal on Twitter. Whether he believes it or not, he clearly has been pushing the Doug Whaley narrative that he was not involved with anything that is perceived to be bad or to have gone wrong in the organization. I like Sal, but I think that he is being played.

I'm just reporting what Sal said and the manner in which this came up.

Sal did a fairly lengthy 15 or 20 minute segment with S & B and this just randomly came up in the context of other conversation.

S&B didn't even really dwell on it as much as you might think.

It definitely wasn't a "story" being "pushed" by Sal.

It was just a comment made among many others during a 15 minute + conversation about many different Bills related topics.

I will listen to this on demand when I go home. Having said that, essentially accusing an NFL coach of being lazy is a big deal and not just a throw away line. Indeed, this thread is evidence of that.

As I mentioned up thread, if this had been true, the media would have noticed this for themselves and would have reported it earlier . . . and without the need of an anonymous source.

As I also mentioned, whatever you think of him, I think that it is obvious that Rex really loved being an NFL HC and fully embraced being the Bills HC.

Just my two cents.

It is news. It has never been reported. I know for certain that a lot of things you suspect aren't true. This one just happened to be.

Yes I was right.

Like it or not I have a knack for being able to observe and report the obvious that some of you lack.

You bit pretty hard on the Rex Ryan defense............and where you went wrong was trusting Rex in the face of mounting evidence that he wasn't putting in the effort.

Yeah you got off the bandwagon later this season but C.Biscuit got off the Jauron bandwagon right before he got fired too........

Yes I was right.

Like it or not I have a knack for being able to observe and report the obvious that some of you lack.

You bit pretty hard on the Rex Ryan defense............and where you went wrong was trusting Rex in the face of mounting evidence that he wasn't putting in the effort.

Yeah you got off the bandwagon later this season but C.Biscuit got off the Jauron bandwagon right before he got fired too........

Nothing like a guy who goes up and down a Bills message board telling everyone he's better than them. You're outstanding.

Ha! You can say THAT again.

Peter you are believing thinga that simply are not there to continue to prop up a failure of a Head Football Coach.

Believe what you want to believe.

I forgive you a lot because you are an Arsenal supporter. I guess I need to ask what is your take on Giroud to more fully understand you. My guess is that you are one of those guys who always finds something to be critical of Giroud. As you might have guessed, I am a Giroud supporter.

Believe what you want to believe.

I forgive you a lot because you are an Arsenal supporter. I guess I need to ask what is your take on Giroud to more fully understand you. My guess is that you are one of those guys who always finds something to be critical of Giroud. As you might have guessed, I am a Giroud supporter.

Love Giroud. One of my favourite players at the club. Just 8 short of his century now.

I keep telling you and you keep disbelieving me... I am not a natural critic... this is very much a specific Rex Ryan thing and long pre-dates his arrival here. He is a bad Head Football Coach. Period.

Love Giroud. One of my favourite players at the club. Just 8 short of his century now.

I keep telling you and you keep disbelieving me... I am not a natural critic... this is very much a specific Rex Ryan thing and long pre-dates his arrival here. He is a bad Head Football Coach. Period.

As you know, I disagree with you on Rex.

Yet again, however, I cannot hold your incorrect Rex opinion against you. I also love Giroud . . . and believe me . . . I defend him probably even more so than Rex. I chose to stop watching games with the Miami Arsenal supporters club because of (how shall we say) a disagreement that I had with some of the guys (including the president).

When Giroud gets his century, I think that the Giroud haters are going to spontaneously combust like the Spinal Tap drummers. I have never understood the Giroud hate. He loves the club. He works hard. He produces. He is not a diva (as one other guy I am thinking of).

In fact, Giroud (and Kolscieny) worked hard to rise from the depths of the French leagues to get where they are today. Indeed, Sal C has NEVER reported that Giroud has left London Colney early . . . .

COYG

Edited by Peter

earliest to live... pretty much sums it up.

eating wings and being a fat worthless schmuck is a helluva way to live life.

You 4got to mention getting paid millions while doing it. Damn that sounds like an amazing life. Wish I could Trade Places like Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroyd in that movie. I think Rex gets too much hate. Its easy to see some of the players didnt hold up their end of the bargain either. If we had guys in position to make tackles and they miss tackles or get broken or juked Im not gonna blame Rex for that. Fair is Fair.

Edited by Marty McFly

The part of the interview that I found interesting was the implication that Marcel played a major role in the ouster of Karl Dunbar. Guess there were rumors of this last offseason, maybe not a surprise at this point.

Edited by iommi