The Trump Economy

GG

49 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Tariff Man 

Understand now? 

Nope.  Explain.  

49 minutes ago, KRC said:

Nice job, Obama!!

No.  Thanks Trump.  Because I'm a procrastinator I still haven't fulled funded my 2018 SEP so this dip is a good thing.  It is all about me.  

• Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump threatens more taxes and stock market reacts. 

Don't know much about the economy? 

Oh yeah I do. You have to hop in a time machine and go ahead 5-10 years or so and come back and tell us how taxes/tariffs/policy have affected the economy. And seeing time machines don’t exist until they do you can just STFU. 

Stock market reaction to headlines, in your tiny mind, is the economy. What a nimrod. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh yeah I do. You have to hop in a time machine and go ahead 5-10 years or so and come back and tell us how taxes/tariffs/policy have affected the economy. And seeing time machines don’t exist until they do you can just STFU. 

Stock market reaction to headlines, in your tiny mind, is the economy. What a nimrod. 

No, come on, you are so transparent. Any bad economic news --and the stock market is part of the economy-- and you scream it doesn't belong in the Trump Economy thread. That's really silly, childish and makes you look really stupid. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

No, come on, you are so transparent. Any bad economic news --and the stock market is part of the economy-- and you scream it doesn't belong in the Trump Economy thread. That's really silly, childish and makes you look really stupid. 

The stock market long term is part of the economy. The market knee jerk reaction to headlines regarding policy is no indicator of how the policy will affect the economy.  There is one thing and one thing only that will determine how policy will affect the economy and that is time. Now you can say all day long how you THINK policy is going to affect the economy. That is fine and when you grow up enough to do that people here will debate with you. Until such time you will get the incessant STFU from the majority here. 

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The stock market long term is part of the economy. The market knee jerk reaction to headlines regarding policy is no indicator of how the policy will affect the economy.  There is one thing and one thing only that will determine how policy will affect the economy and that is time. Now you can say all day long how you THINK policy is going to affect the economy. That is fine and when you grow up enough to do that people here will debate with you. Until such time you will get the incessant STFU from the majority here. 

In January 2018, Trump began his tariff spree by placing tariffs on washing machines and solar panels. Is the last ~16 months enough of a long term view of the market to analyze the effect of the Trump tariffs on the market?

Edited by McGee Return TD

2 minutes ago, McGee Return TD said:

In January 2018, Trump began his tariff spree but placing tariffs on washing machines and solar panels. Is the last ~16 months enough of a long term view of the market to analyze the effect of the Trump tariffs on the market?

I’d say not, as the tariffs are not his preferred economic policy, but are rather a means to and end.  If they are successful in the long term, forcing our trading partners into trade agreements which spur a much healthier long term US economy, then short term negatives are worth it.  If the opposite is true, and they don’t lead to desirable outcomes, then it would be fair to judge them negatively.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The thread doesn't say anything at all about long term economy, idiot. You are literally having a knee jerk reaction to the posting of negative news. That's the only knee jerk reaction. 

:lol: @ you referencing the majority here.

39 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The economy was really good yesterday butshitthebed today. I have hopes for the economy recovering tomorrow------------------------------HAHA Gator.

Yes, the economy has been improving for awahile now. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The thread doesn't say anything at all about long term economy, idiot. You are literally having a knee jerk reaction to the posting of negative news. That's the only knee jerk reaction. 

:lol: @ you referencing the majority here.

If you don’t think the majority of the people here think you’re the forum dunce I can’t help you. 

What negative news did you post?? 

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If you don’t think the majority of the people here think you’re the forum dunce I can’t help you. 

What negative news did you post?? 

No I was laughing at your idiotic point point because I could care less, obviously. 

What news? Go back to sleep 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

No I was laughing at your idiotic point point because I could care less, obviously. 

What news? Go back to sleep 

What idiotic point?  The one where I said you're the village idiot?  The village idiot doesn't care about the fact they are the village idiot because their idiocy has them oblivious to their idiotic behavior.   Idiot. 

How much do I owe you @DC Tom