Deshaun Watson is the answer

CDogg20

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Particularly against a defense whose sole purpose was to hit him hard and inflict damage. I agree, it's ok to disagree on his NFL potential but calling his play "HS level crap" last night is going a wee bit overboard.

I think this was directed at me. For the record, I was refering the the play design and play calling, not his play specifically, when I said "HS level".

You saw that because that is in fact what happened.

God knows what others are watching.

Roger that, they ran their usual college spread stuff throughout the game, but people fail to recognize the Patriots have incorporated college spread concepts for years into their offense.

Last night Clemson ran scissors with :19 left with their receiving TE on a soph SS and Watson one way or another recognized it and threw a beautiful NFL pass, route concept + QB play = NFL.

Game winning TD was NFL/Patriots special slant/flat rub/pick route. Perfect pass.

That was a future NFL defense they played last night, and when it mattered Warson beat them in NFL style with his arm and possibly his mind.

No argument from me there. He looks like a future star at a position of need. I think that he goes 5 to the Titans though.

Maybe if we trade a couple 1sts and a 4th.....................never mind.

(Duck and run for cover!)

Roger that, they ran their usual college spread stuff throughout the game, but people fail to recognize the Patriots have incorporated college spread concepts for years into their offense.

Last night Clemson ran scissors with :19 left with their receiving TE on a soph SS and Watson one way or another recognized it and threw a beautiful NFL pass, route concept + QB play = NFL.

Game winning TD was NFL/Patriots special slant/flat rub/pick route. Perfect pass.

That was a future NFL defense they played last night, and when it mattered Warson beat them in NFL style with his arm and possibly his mind.

Ok, talk about over exaggerating things.

1. That was not an NFL defense. Geezus, this notion that college teams are as good or better than an NFL team are ridiculous. You realize the NFL is made of the best players from college and that the Alabama defense is made up players that mostly wont play in the NFL right? This myth needs to stop. If Alabama defense was an NFL defense how come a college team just beat them?

2. That last pass even EJ could make that throw. The WR was wide open...it was a great play call and defenders ran into each other leaving the WR wide open. Lets not pretend that only an NFL capable QB could make a 5 yard pass to a wide open and uncovered WR.

3. Beat them NFL style? You mean by simply lobbing up passes to blanketed receivers that his WR's made insane and highly difficult catches on? What about those throws were NFL? Several were not on target and the only reason the pass was completed were because of plays by Williams, Cain, and Legget.

Again...phenomenal game last night...amazing plays by lots of players, including Watson. Not taking anything away from the kid, but man the over exaggeration around him after one game is crazy right now. There is a reason he is still not even the clear best QB in this draft and most scouts have him around the 3rd QB prospect currently. Thats because he is actually not considered a strong passer at the next level. If he was, then he would be touted like a Luck or a Newton with his ability to also make plays with his legs.

Ok, talk about over exaggerating things.

1. That was not an NFL defense. Geezus, this notion that college teams are as good or better than an NFL team are ridiculous. You realize the NFL is made of the best players from college and that the Alabama defense is made up players that mostly wont play in the NFL right? This myth needs to stop. If Alabama defense was an NFL defense how come a college team just beat them?

2. That last pass even EJ could make that throw. The WR was wide open...it was a great play call and defenders ran into each other leaving the WR wide open. Lets not pretend that only an NFL capable QB could make a 5 yard pass to a wide open and uncovered WR.

3. Beat them NFL style? You mean by simply lobbing up passes to blanketed receivers that his WR's made insane and highly difficult catches on? What about those throws were NFL? Several were not on target and the only reason the pass was completed were because of plays by Williams, Cain, and Legget.

Again...phenomenal game last night...amazing plays by lots of players, including Watson. Not taking anything away from the kid, but man the over exaggeration around him after one game is crazy right now. There is a reason he is still not even the clear best QB in this draft and most scouts have him around the 3rd QB prospect currently. Thats because he is actually not considered a strong passer at the next level. If he was, then he would be touted like a Luck or a Newton with his ability to also make plays with his legs.

You're making an hype argument with anti-hype.

What scouts do you know have him as the #3 QB?

Edited by FireChan

There is a reason he is still not even the clear best QB in this draft and most scouts have him around the 3rd QB prospect currently. Thats because he is actually not considered a strong passer at the next level. If he was, then he would be touted like a Luck or a Newton with his ability to also make plays with his legs.

I don't actually believe that most scouts have him as a 3rd rounder.

Kizer and "Mister Biscuit"

The argument against Watson seems to be that's he's not Cam and/or Luck. Okay. Lots of guys aren't.

Joe Flacco wasn't the clear #1 in his class and he's pretty good. Neither was Aaron Rodgers.

Really weird takes today.

The argument against Watson seems to be that's he's not Cam and/or Luck. Okay. Lots of guys aren't.

Joe Flacco wasn't the clear #1 in his class and he's pretty good. Neither was Aaron Rodgers.

Really weird takes today.

Ryan and Smith were drafted ahead of Flacco and Rodgers (unless that was your point).

Ryan and Smith were drafted ahead of Flacco and Rodgers (unless that was your point).

It was. Alpha is typing up manifestos about Watson hype because he's not the clear #1 QB prospect in his draft, as if you aren't the clear #1 prospect, you can't be successful. Flacco and Rodgers don't agree.

Russel Wilson was like the 5th QB prospect in his class. He did alright.

Edited by FireChan

It was. Alpha is typing up manifestos about Watson hype because he's not the clear #1 QB prospect in his draft, as if you aren't the clear #1 prospect, you can't be successful. Flacco and Rodgers don't agree.

Dak last year...

I think he means #3 prospect. I don't believe that either. I'd love to know who Alpha thinks are clear and away the #1 and #2.

There is no clear consensus of the QB rankings...for Watson being so god like in this thread, you would think he would be the clear top QB prospect in what is not considered a strong QB class in this draft. But he is not, and most regard Kizer and Trubisky as 1 and 2.

The point has always been about the over reaction on Watson based on the game last night. And its pretty clear, many posters drooling on him didn't watch him play before last night because he didn't do anything that he hasn't been doing his whole college career.

Dak last year...

Mike Glennon is probably the only 2013 QB who will make it past camp next year.

There is no clear consensus of the QB rankings...for Watson being so god like in this thread, you would think he would be the clear top QB prospect in what is not considered a strong QB class in this draft. But he is not, and most regard Kizer and Trubisky as 1 and 2.

The point has always been about the over reaction on Watson based on the game last night. And its pretty clear, many posters drooling on him didn't watch him play before last night because he didn't do anything that he hasn't been doing his whole college career.

Lots of folks have watched his whole career. I think there's something to be said about performing at a high level on the biggest stage he could play 2 years in a row.

I've watched him for 2 years and I like him.

Edited by FireChan

Give me a break dude...god you are annoying to talk to because you like twist everything. We are discussing a thread that has labeled him our answer, where people have been saying to trade up for him, dump Taylor for him, rebuild the whole team around him essentially. I am simply pointing out his question marks at the next level that were there before the game didn't magically go away because he had another good game like he always has. The kid has plenty of potential, but he is no slam dunk like he is being made out to be here.

Edited by Alphadawg7