Whaley can Learn From Ozzie Newsome.

#34fan

Some people are just BORN shrewd... Destined to make the right calls in whatever they're about.. Ozzie Newsome, AKA "The Great OZ" is one of those people... Some notable mistakes... -MANY celebrated successes.

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/26469/celebrating-ozzie-newsomes-60th-birthday-along-with-his-best-five-moments-with-ravens

It sounds weird, but I'm not sure Doug Whaley is the actual GM of this team... He seems to get sent out of the room on an awful lot of critical calls.... Is his job simply to accept the blame for the folks who actually DO make the calls?

Whatever the case, Whaley needs to steal a page from Ozzie's book.... Better yet, -STEAL THE BOOK. In my line of work, I've often reached out to competitor's for input... GET ON THE PHONE, DOUG... If Oz chooses to talk to you, LISTEN to the man! If he doesn't, just follow the HUGE breadcrumbs he's dropped throughout his GM career.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/staff/Ozzie-Newsome/d15bf396-96c8-4050-aead-27a541ac2855

Imitation is a sincere form of flattery... It's also a place to start if you're not sure how to go forward. :thumbsup:

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the case, Whaley needs to steal a page from Ozzie's book.... Better yet, -STEAL THE BOOK. In my line of work, I've often reached out to competitor's for input... GET ON THE PHONE, DOUG... If Oz chooses to talk to you, LISTEN to the man! If he doesn't, just follow the HUGE breadcrumbs he's dropped throughout his GM career.

dude, he doesn't need to steal ozzie's book. he just needs to be privy to it. just a lil' bit o' privy-ness. once doug gets privy to that damn book, it's gonna be on like a mofo.

And quickly realized that he sucked and didn't try to prop him up for 4 years.

Boller started in 42 games for Baltimore over 5 seasons. EJ has started 17 games in 4 seasons. Who propped whom up?

Tyrod was an Unrestricted Free Agent and wanted to start somewhere. What part of Unrestricted do you not get ?

It was SARCASM there smart guy ;)

dude, he doesn't need to steal ozzie's book. he just needs to be privy to it. just a lil' bit o' privy-ness. once doug gets privy to that damn book, it's gonna be on like a mofo.

. Thanks for that laugh!!

I'm curious how exactly EJ has been propped up in? By being the backup?

By competing against Kevin Kolb, Jef Tuel, Thad Lewis, Jordan Palmer, Matt Leinart? The only time Whaley tried to bring in legit QB competition was when he was forced to do so.

Maybe one of these days you may admit that Bills haven't been a well run franchise for a long long time.

Boller started in 42 games for Baltimore over 5 seasons. EJ has started 17 games in 4 seasons. Who propped whom up?

Boller started 17 games before he lost his starting job to Anthony Wright. The other starts were due to injuries to the starter.