New Chenelly Tweets 1/3/17

Reed83HOF

It is conjecture on my part.

It is based on my educated "conjecture" that Polian (an icon of the franchise and reportedly close with ownership by various sources) would not make these pointed comments otherwise.

Just my two cents.

Polian doesn't run the Bills, so he's just another media voice in the wind.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 100% agree. I mean wtf has changed from the day Rex was fired to today? Im not following where the mass hysteria is coming from.

Just my "educated" opinion:

Buyer's remorse. The Pegulas are beginning to realize that they made a mistake putting all of their eggs in the Doug Whaley basket and this was amply illustrated by the press conference the other day.

I suspect that NFL owners do not like to be embarrassed.

Polian doesn't run the Bills, so he's just another media voice in the wind.

He does not.

Yet, he is close to ownership (reportedly) and read the same Terry Pegula quotes that I did. I had referenced them the other day. They also are bolded in one of my earlier posts in this thread.

It is conjecture on my part.

It is based on my educated "conjecture" that Polian (an icon of the franchise and reportedly close with ownership by various sources) would not make these pointed comments otherwise.

Just my two cents.

You mean Polian couldn't possibly be making these comments to prop up a friend of his for the job? Is that why in the same interview he suggested Frank Reich would be a good coach?

Let me ask you this, if you knew a company was a crap place to work or "dysfunctional", would you suggest to a friend to go work there?

But what has changed in the last 2 weeks?

Nothing but the volume of outside noise led by the Buffalo News Reporters since the initial Anthony Lynn Presser that came to a crescendo with Whaley's season ending presser. OBD is continuing with their plan to hire the next HC just as they indicated it would happen.

Buyer's remorse. The Pegulas are beginning to realize that they made a mistake putting all of their eggs in the Doug Whaley basket and this was amply illustrated by the press conference the other day.

He does not.

Yet, he is close to ownership (reportedly) and read the same Terry Pegula quotes that I did. I had referenced them the other day. They also are bolded in one of my earlier posts in this thread.

Then why are they letting Whaley still do interviews? Why haven't they fired him? It does them absolutely no good to keep him around to do the coaching hire.

He does not.

You mean your biased anti-Whaley opinion since you believe he threw Rex "under the bus". Been crusading ever since.

You mean Polian couldn't possibly be making these comments to prop up a friend of his for the job? Is that why in the same interview he suggested Frank Reich would be a good coach?

Let me ask you this, if you knew a company was a crap place to work or "dysfunctional", would you suggest to a friend to go work there?

As an aside, I do not consider Frank Reich to be a particularly good candidate as a HC at this moment in time (so I disagree with Polian there).

I also think that this comment is based on Polian's views in general and, if it related to Buffalo in particular, I presume that he would prefer that it be with another GM. I also think (based on prior history and what John C recently has tweeted) that Polian would come back, if asked, in a football czar role, and, if he did, Whaley would not last long.

Then why are they letting Whaley still do interviews? Why haven't they fired him? It does them absolutely no good to keep him around to do the coaching hire.

At this point, what choice do they have but to go forward with these interviews.

Right now -- presuming nothing changes -- I would presume that Whaley continues to be the GM in at least the short term. They have made their bed . . . .

If Polian comes on board or they have problems getting a HC candidate that ownership wants because of Whaley in general (or his role in particular), things could change more quickly than the one year deadline that some have mentioned.

Again, I readily admit that this is my "conjecture."

As an aside, I do not consider Frank Reich to be a particularly good candidate as a HC at this moment in time (so I disagree with Polian there).

I also think that this comment is based on Polian's views in general and, if it related to Buffalo in particular, I presume that he would prefer that it be with another GM. I also think (based on prior history and what John C recently has tweeted) that Polian would come back, if asked, in a football czar role, and, if he did, Whaley would not last long.

Polian already turned down the Pegula's last year when they asked, so what's changed?

At this point, what choice do they have but to go forward with these interviews.

Right now -- presuming nothing changes -- I would presume that Whaley continues to be the GM in at least the short term. They have made their bed . . . .

If Polian comes on board or they have problems getting a HC candidate that ownership wants because of Whaley in general (or his role in particular), things could change more quickly than the one year deadline that some have mentioned.

Again, I readily admit that this is my "conjecture."

Seriously?

THEY FIRE HIM.

Maybe safe in your mind, but I have seen no indication from OBD that they are thinking along those lines. Just the 17 years crowd and ass chapped local media who have no say or idea what ownership is thinking as Whaley gets to hire a coach for the 1st time as GM.

Yeah, and you saw no signs that EJ was the worst QB of all time when he was the starter for this team. You saw no signs that Sammy's pre-season foot problem would cost us in the regular season. You saw no signs that Rex and his star appeal and fancy 5 year K would get dumped on his ass after only slightly less than two years.

You don't see a lot. As far as vision is concerned, you're blind.

Thee will be immense pressure on Whaley and his HC to win and win now; when that goes south, both are gone.

Take off the red, white, and blue glasses for God's sake!

Ask for redemption! There is still time to be saved!

You mean your biased anti-Whaley opinion since you believe he threw Rex "under the bus". Been crusading ever since.

If you are suggesting that I have not liked Doug Whaley since I came to the opinion that Whaley threw Rex under the bus and undermined him with ownership and the media even though I previously defended him . . . you would be correct.

You will recall, however, that I cautioned -- BEFORE Rex was fired -- that the Bills job would not be viewed as particularly desirable and would cause concern with potential candidates for the reasons I previously stated - particularly those with options and not beholden to Doug Whaley.

Polian already turned down the Pegula's last year when they asked, so what's changed?

Seriously?

THEY FIRE HIM.

. . . and this may happen sooner than I originally thought . . . depending on whether they are able to hire someone as the HC that ownership wants to be the face of their franchise going forward.

We shall see.

Yeah, and you saw no signs that EJ was the worst QB of all time when he was the starter for this team. You saw no signs that Sammy's pre-season foot problem would cost us in the regular season. You saw no signs that Rex and his star appeal and fancy 5 year K would get dumped on his ass after only slightly less than two years.

You don't see a lot. As far as vision is concerned, you're blind.

Thee will be immense pressure on Whaley and his HC to win and win now; when that goes south, both are gone.

Take off the red, white, and blue glasses for God's sake!

Ask for redemption! There is still time to be saved!

Yep I was winning to give EJ and Rex a fair shake. Can you predict reoccurring bone injuries Dr. Fadingpain? Of course you cant, but you can sure as hell question the intelligence of Anthony Lynn and Doug Whaley. Get over yourself!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yes we will wait and see like we waited to see how Rex and the defense would respond to an awful 2015 and how I got lambasted when I said Rex should've been gone after that season. I was right, you were wrong.

I'm going to assume the same thing here.

Yep. I was wrong as hell on that one. No doubt! Just like you were wrong about Mario Williams and the NYJ being set up for sustained success.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

But they own the team and are powerless because Whaley staged a coup over OBD and they are currently under hypnosis. Probably.

#WhaleyTheWhisperer

You guys must be very proud that Doug Whaley is the leader of our franchise.

As for me, I was completely embarrassed the other day and Whaley is not someone whom I would want my success to depend if I were a HC candidate that had other options.

Edited by Peter

You guys must be very proud that Doug Whaley is the leader of our franchise.

As for me, I was completely embarrassed the other day and not someone whom I would want my success to depend if I were a HC candidate that had other options.

No, no, you have me all wrong.

I was so completely embarrassed by the press conference that Whaley gave, I just couldn't go to work.