Options beyond Tyrod

TANK2

That's the thing. The NFL teams with franchise guys aren't letting them go. Unless a true franchise QB surprisingly became available, why would we replace a QB that helped the Bills place in the top ten in points scored?

Drafting a QB is always a roll of the dice. Given his lack of QB experience, we can call Cardale our 2017 draft pick. He effectively red-shirted his freshman year in the NFL and is only joining the squad as an actual player this upcoming season.

And that last paragraph is exactly the issue. If OBD or fans are using Cardale jones as a reason to pass on a QB eary in this draft they just dont get it.

If those are your hopes gonn be a long couple seasons

Being a Bills fan is all about hope but I hear you, brother.

I don't think the Pats will trade us Brady, or the Pack Rogers. And we already have a developmental project in Cardale. I don't think we need/want another development QB.

So the question is, I guess, is the next Dak Prescott in this draft? Not a developmental QB but an instant starter and star? If so, out of 32 teams, will the Bills be the one to find him?

Let's remember Dallas wanted to trade up for Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook. Prescott was their third choice. In other words, dumb luck brought Prescott to Dallas.

Either TT, Cardale, or EJ becoming good franchise QBs might all be unlikely scenarios, but so is finding a franchise QB in the draft. Far more drafted QBs fail than succeed.

So do you keep drafting one till you get it right? Maybe. Or maybe you spend another year seeing what you have in TT and Cardale. I think you can make rational arguments both ways.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Being a Bills fan is all about hope but I hear you, brother.

I don't think the Pats will trade us Brady, or the Pack Rogers. And we already have a developmental project in Cardale. I don't think we need/want another development QB.

So the question is, I guess, is the next Dak Prescott in this draft? Not a developmental QB but an instant starter and star? If so, out of 32 teams, will the Bills be the one to find him?

Let's remember Dallas wanted to trade up for Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook. Prescott was their third choice. In other words, dumb luck brought Prescott to Dallas.

Either TT, Cardale, or EJ becoming good franchise QBs might all be unlikely scenarios, but so is finding a franchise QB in the draft. Far more drafted QBs fail than succeed.

So do you keep drafting one till you get it right? Maybe. Or maybe you spend another year seeing what you have in TT and Cardale. I think you can make rational arguments both ways.

So your solution is just dont draft one. Amazing.

A Rookie (high rookie) needs to be on this roster after draft.

TT

Rookie

Cardale

I'm ok with playing the best option at QB. I don't care who it is.

what do you mean 'hold down the fort' please explain. Does it matter if that QB isn't any good as long as he 'holds down the fort' . Come on

Stop worrying about his contract, every year there are fans pissing their pants over someones contract. If you want someone to play QB while you get a better one, no reason not to keep the guy we have now and the 7th rated offense in the league.

I'm looking for a QB who can be serviceable for a short time at a reasonable contract while the team looks for its future at the position. I'll stop worrying about players' contracts when there's no longer a salary cap. If the Bills retain Taylor, then it's $40.5M over two seasons taken away from the rest of the roster. This team has 23 free agents. I have no desire to watch a few of the better ones walk so as to keep Taylor. Retaining him also means that there won't be a focus on finding his replacement. Can you imagine paying him his extension and then taking a QB in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft this season? That'd be totally incompetent. No way do I want to make the leader of the 31st passing offense my QB for the next 2+ seasons. That'd be incompetent too. He had his chance. He didn't succeed at the level he needed to. It's over. The team has made its decision and he won't be here next season. Time for you to catch up to the reality of recent events.

I'm looking for a QB who can be serviceable for a short time at a reasonable contract while the team looks for its future at the position. I'll stop worrying about players' contracts when there's no longer a salary cap. If the Bills retain Taylor, then it's $40.5M over two seasons taken away from the rest of the roster. This team has 23 free agents. I have no desire to watch a few of the better ones walk so as to keep Taylor. Retaining him also means that there won't be a focus on finding his replacement. Can you imagine paying him his extension and then taking a QB in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft this season? That'd be totally incompetent. No way do I want to make the leader of the 31st passing offense my QB for the next 2+ seasons. That'd be incompetent too. He had his chance. He didn't succeed at the level he needed to. It's over. The team has made its decision and he won't be here next season. Time for you to catch up to the reality of recent events.

Who is a serviceable QB? What would it cost? Would you be ok missing the playoffs for a couple years while we looked for the future star QB?

If not Taylor then who exactly? Taylor is no franchsise guy but he's been alot better than anyone else since Bledsoe left.

no critic of Taylor has an answer to that question.

Here is a question for the TT staunch supporters.

Say he i brought back and a QB drafted

1. Do you actually support a legit competition in camp?

2. If Rookie or for that matter Cardale outplay him in offseason would you support putting TT on the bench?

Yes. That's exactly what Seattle did after bringing Flynn in. Keep drafting/searching until you find one. Until you have an upgrade though, stick with what's working. Edited by voodoo poonani

I think you have to keep Taylor at this point, unless he's unwilling to renegotiate his contract. EJ is a train wreck and they seem unwilling to give Cardale Jones playing time.

Unless you think you can get someone like Romo in FA, or can trade for someone of similar caliber to Taylor, he is unfortunately our best option at this point.

I think you have to keep Taylor at this point, unless he's unwilling to renegotiate his contract. EJ is a train wreck and they seem unwilling to give Cardale Jones playing time.

Unless you think you can get someone like Romo in FA, or can trade for someone of similar caliber to Taylor, he is unfortunately our best option at this point.

Can't see TT agreeing to redo his deal. Why would he? He either gets paid by the Bills as specified or he gets to test the market as a free agent.