Forbes: Caughlin Bills, Rex Bears, Harbaugh Rams

"The former New York Giants head coach, and 2-time Super Bowl winner, has a very healthy market. Coughlin interviewed with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Wednesday and ESPN’s John Clayton told WGR 550 in Buffalo that Coughlin is also interested in the Bills job, suggesting that Coughlin favors the Buffalo gig."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonydimoro/2016/12/30/where-rex-ryan-jim-harbaugh-tom-coughlin-josh-mcdaniels-and-other-coaches-will-land-in-2017/#2b4a409a5c74

Honestly, how many years of coaching does Coughlin have left in him?

Probably 3 at most, which I dont like about him. However, knowing that, you can plan a transition (like the Giants did) to allow for some continuity, as opposed to a firing and rebuild. With the comments out of Dareus, McCoy, and Scott, I'm coming around to the idea of bringing Coughlin in to set the tone.

Probably 3 at most, which I dont like about him. However, knowing that, you can plan a transition (like the Giants did) to allow for some continuity, as opposed to a firing and rebuild. With the comments out of Dareus, McCoy, and Scott, I'm coming around to the idea of bringing Coughlin in to set the tone.

I don't hate the idea of him getting things rolling for the next guy if there if they are prepared for the transition, but that's obviously a question with no answer at this time. For now I'd prefer getting a younger guy who could theoretically stick around for a long time. Granted, hitting on a coach would be a miracle in and of itself.

Favours the buffalo gig? But I thought that no one would come near this dysfunctional tire fire cause they only give coaches 2 years, Whaley will have roster control, there's no talent, they left Lynn hanging g out in the wind at the PC this week, and Russ Brandon is not fired?

yeah well Coughlin is desperate so B-)

There was a report out of Jax yesterday that Coughlin is not going to sign with the Jags. Impossible to say how accurate that is.

:thumbsup:

got a link for that?

I don't hate the idea of him getting things rolling for the next guy if there if they are prepared for the transition, but that's obviously a question with no answer at this time. For now I'd prefer getting a younger guy who could theoretically stick around for a long time. Granted, hitting on a coach would be a miracle in and of itself.

as I just posted in another thread, the Bills were able to get Wade Phillips in as D.C. Because he was promised the HC job when Marv retired. I could see a similar thing with coughlin agreeing to do 2 years, then handing off to Lynn (or whom ever), so to speak...

I'm not real excited about Coughlin, but maybe he can Chuck Knox the team into contention, and then as long a Whaley doesn't follow him up with his own Kay Stephenson, maybe they can build upon the foundation laid down by Coughlin.

This team seems to have a precedent for every losing situation.

Edited by HoF Watkins

as I just posted in another thread, the Bills were able to get Wade Phillips in as D.C. Because he was promised the HC job when Marv retired. I could see a similar thing with coughlin agreeing to do 2 years, then handing off to Lynn (or whom ever), so to speak...

Lynn wont be here if Tom is

funny that the national media calls the teams a dumpster fire. If the coughln is true this will be two times a coach picked the Bills over others. Three times if you believe all the interest Marrone supposedly had

I agree. Something is rotten in that locker room. It won't be for long if coughlin comes in. I wonder if they could set up a coughlin for now with Lynn the heir apparent. It is not the norm but ....

"A reported meeting on Wednesday included Tom and some of the Jaguars brass, but it’s unclear whether General Manager Dave Caldwell was present. Either way, the two sides apparently have moved on at this point, only to return to the discussion if something drastically changes."

Sweet, we need a guy like Tom and hopefully its him.