What kind of Head Coach do you want?

22 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Head Coach do you want?

• CEO with no Coordinator Duties
    • Head Coach + Offensive Coordinator who calls Offensive plays
    • Head Coach + Defensive Coordinator who calls the D
    • Head Coach + Special Teams Coordinator

I prefer a CEO type with no Coordinator duties. They attend the meetings for all 3 phases, give direction and then focus on the big picture and critical decisions on Sundays.

Coordinator/play callers typically miss the big picture like Rex did many times during the games: blown challenges, misused timeouts, dumb decisions on 4th down etc.

Edited by Robert Paulson

I prefer a CEO type with no Coordinator duties. They attend the meetings for all 3 phases, give direction and then focus on the big picture and critical decisions on Sundays.

Coordinator/play callers typically miss the big picture like Rex did many times during the games: blown challenges, misused timeouts, dumb decisions on 4th down etc.

I agree with you completely! In addition, I think the HC duties pull them away from their coordinator role, lessening their abilities as coordinators.

Success as a coordinator does not mean success as a head coach. Just because someone can put together a great offensive or defensive gameplan doesn't mean they can communicate or provide direction for a team.

A successful coach must be a CEO type who can direct a team, communicate, and delegate.

The Bills need to evolve from the traditional NFL mentality of just hiring a hot new coordinator. Coaches need great intangibles just like great QBs do.