Trump foreign policy

Baghdad Bob Trump is back howling at the moon again 

“Sadly, the thing they do understand is Strength and Power,” he said. “Any attack by Iran on anything American will be met with great and overwhelming force. In some areas, overwhelming will mean obliteration!” 

WALTER RUSSELL MEAD SAYS TRUMP KNOWS WHAT HE’S DOING ON IRAN:

Mr. Trump’s approach to American diplomacy horrifies an establishment that believes restraint, predictability and responsibility are the hallmarks of a global hegemon. Lesser powers can indulge in histrionic grandstanding, clownish antics, outrageous claims and public tantrums. The hegemon exhibits power by rising above such tawdry tricks.

This is not the Trump approach.

Given the foreign policy establishment’s sorry record over the last few decades, that’s probably just as well.

• Like (+1) 2

TRACKING U.S.-DPRK RELATIONS ON THE 69TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE KOREAN WAR:

Overall, President Trump appears to still maintain a healthy amount of mistrust of Kim Jong-un, refusing to remove troops from the Korean peninsula and maintaining all sanctions. Secretary of State Pompeo embodies this mistrust when he underlines that there will be no sanction relief until the complete, verifiable denuclearization of North Korea.

As President Trump continues to engage with Supreme Leader Kim, he must stand his ground and never give too much, or else he risks threatening what the U.S. did to help South Korea 69 years ago.

Read the whole thing.

Europe still holding Obamas nuclear deal together and keeping Iran from the bomb 

More talking, less threatening is good. “Iran appeared to have at least temporarily backed away from its ultimatum on breaching the 2015 nuclear deal, as European nations made last-ditch efforts to salvage what remains of the multilateral accord and avert a slide toward war.”

~50 seconds in. "I've been told that KJU would like to meet and it looks like they are in final stages of working out just a very quick meeting"

Currently a live event, where President Trump has mentioned the upcoming DMZ visit with KJU:

11:05PM Pacific:

11:45PM Pacific:
The handshake happened. And the USSS must have lost their collective minds as Trump walked 20 paces into North Korea. (Ha! Looking at a re-play of the video I think he took 17 steps forward :ph34r:)

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

Peacemaker in Chief. 

38 minutes ago, KRC said:

If Trump keeps this up, Obama is going to get another Nobel Peace Prize.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

i get that the tests have stopped..and am happy for that. But even considering that, do you believe North Korea is somehow a lesser threat than it was 24 months ago? I mean Chamberlain had some great meetings with evil people too

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I get that the tests have stopped..and am happy for that. But even considering that, do you believe North Korea is somehow a lesser threat than it was 24 months ago? I mean Chamberlain had some great meetings with evil people too

NK depends on China. I have no idea what Trump's plan is, but clearly Kim was pleased to see him. That smile on greeting seemed genuine.

• Like (+1) 1