Adam Gase

dave mcbride

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how the Dolphins have cracked the code and reached the promised land and we need to blow it up. You see that team out there we beat today? It took a comeback, a missed field goal and an overtime for the Dolphins to beat that team at home this season. The Bills have also scored more points and given up less than the Dolphins on the season. They're in the same ballpark, few breaks here and there, that's it.

I love how the Dolphins have cracked the code and reached the promised land and we need to blow it up. You see that team out there we beat today? It took a comeback, a missed field goal and an overtime for the Dolphins to beat that team at home this season. The Bills have also scored more points and given up less than the Dolphins on the season. They're in the same ballpark, few breaks here and there, that's it.

Agree with this.

Ah yes, bad luck.

How many first and second year HC's do you need to see turn a team around before believing that coaching matters?

There is a difference between Bills and Dolphins and although both teams have beaten a bunch of bad teams along the way. The Dolphins beat the Steelers in Miami 30-15 and that was against Ben, Bell and they dominated both. The other difference is the Dolphins beat the Jets 2x and Buffalo was owned by the Jets in week two at Buffalo. Fitz throwing for 374 yards and Matt Forte rushing for 100 yards and 3 TD's. 493 yards of offense for the Jets that day.

The stats say the Bills have the better defense and yet they were let down in several games by their defense, the Jets, Dolphins are games they should have won and the team is 9-5 instead of Miami. As I recall that Miami game the Dolphins looked to dominate both lines in that game in only allowing one sack and putting up 454 yards against Buffalo.

There is more to it than luck. The guy hired to make the defense better only made it worse.

There is a difference between Bills and Dolphins and although both teams have beaten a bunch of bad teams along the way. The Dolphins beat the Steelers in Miami 30-15 and that was against Ben, Bell and they dominated both. The other difference is the Dolphins beat the Jets 2x and Buffalo was owned by the Jets in week two at Buffalo. Fitz throwing for 374 yards and Matt Forte rushing for 100 yards and 3 TD's. 493 yards of offense for the Jets that day.

The stats say the Bills have the better defense and yet they were let down in several games by their defense, the Jets, Dolphins are games they should have won and the team is 9-5 instead of Miami. As I recall that Miami game the Dolphins looked to dominate both lines in that game in only allowing one sack and putting up 454 yards against Buffalo.

There is more to it than luck. The guy hired to make the defense better only made it worse.

Yeah and ya know what, if the Dolphins had to play the Jets the night Ryan Fitzpatrick decided to have the game of his life- and one of the better performances by any QB all season- they would've lost too. And if the Bills got to play the Jets in a game that actually mattered to them after the Jets had already mailed it in, we win that game too. Would I trade Rex Ryan for Adam Gase? Sure. But don't pretend these two teams are far apart somehow.

Yeah and ya know what, if the Dolphins had to play the Jets the night Ryan Fitzpatrick decided to have the game of his life- and one of the better performances by any QB all season- they would've lost too. And if the Bills got to play the Jets in a game that actually mattered to them after the Jets had already mailed it in, we win that game too. Would I trade Rex Ryan for Adam Gase? Sure. But don't pretend these two teams are far apart somehow.

You make it sound like the difference between the teams was the bounce of the ball or a turnover...It wasn't!

The difference was the Bills giving up a historically bad franchise record in yards allowed to a single player in Pittsburgh RB Le'Veon Bell in 236 yards rushing, 3 TD's. Meanwhile, the Dolphins defense held the same player to 10 rushes for 53 yards, 0 TDs. and the Dolphins beating the Steelers.

This year's Buffalo defense gave up 493 yards of offense to the crappy 4-10 NY Jets team and 454 yards of offense to Miami this year. Dolphin RB Jay Ajayi 29 rushes for 214 yards alone. This year's Buffalo defense had some major breakdowns along the way and now need a miricle to make the playoffs. They currently hold the 11th seed, which is last.

If not for those two division losses to the Jets, Dolphins the Bills would be sitting in the playoffs instead of Miami. I don't see these two team as being close when the Bills defense does a nose dive in critical games. Another one coming up against the 9-5 Dolphins. We'll see.

Gase can do whatever but they're just a little better version of us. It will take them a little longer to admit it but they aren't winning a SB with Tannehill.

Their coach coaches and doesn't take personal road trips during the season or tries to fit round pegs in square holes.

Sorry for this next comment not being PC, but, to quote Michael Keaton in the motion picture Multiplicity....

If you make a copy of a copy of a copy...you get a retard.... Or Rex!

All that matters is winning, regardless of it's complexion. Rex Ryan's focus is on proving himself, more so than winning at ALL costs with the players he has. There is a huge difference in the psychology. Hubris anchors him to a past which isn't coming back. It doesn't mean he is not a great guy to hang out with. He'll be a talking head soon enough.

Very well said! Totally agree

Hey look 1st year HC likely going to make the playoffs. We want continuity though

Agreed! Lots of teams turn it around in one year. Having the right person or at least an above one and it can be done.

Switching schemes 3-4 to 4-3 or vice versa is the biggest stumbling point. But, good coaches coach the players they have that best suits the personnel.

Rex is not s good coach.

Edited by Manther