Last second of game?

BobbyC81

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention the end of the game. I know the clocks we see on the broadcast aren't official but they showed the game clock with one more second than the play clock. If that were true, the Bills would've had the ball for one last play. The announcers were saying that was the case. Instead Rex led the team onto the field after the Steelers' kneel down on 4th down. The players were all on the field as the play clock ended and then the game clock just zeroed out.

I know the odds of having a successful Hail Mary at the end in that weather were astronomical but they didn't even try. That was a defeatist and loser attitude by Rex. He should've recognized that one second should be left and argued for it. I would fire him just for that move.

For the rest of you that watched the broadcast, did you see when they showed Pegula in his box I believe late in the 1st quarter? He did not look happy.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention the end of the game. I know the clocks we see on the broadcast aren't official but they showed the game clock with one more second than the play clock. If that were true, the Bills would've had the ball for one last play. The announcers were saying that was the case. Instead Rex led the team onto the field after the Steelers' kneel down on 4th down. The players were all on the field as the play clock ended and then the game clock just zeroed out.

I know the odds of having a successful Hail Mary at the end in that weather were astronomical but they didn't even try. That was a defeatist and loser attitude by Rex. He should've recognized that one second should be left and argued for it. I would fire him just for that move.

For the rest of you that watched the broadcast, did you see when they showed Pegula in his box I believe late in the 1st quarter? He did not look happy.

Had Tyrod not ran to his left for a loss and stayed in bounds on our final drive we actually would've been able to get the ball back. It's been years of watching humiliating clock management, but let's not kid ourselves. The Steelers spanked us. We were only in it because they went full on prevent defense, and McCoy and Clay were able to take advantage of the open space.

It would have been 4th down with 1 second left. Pitt ball not ours. They would have kneeled down and game over so who cares

No. Roethlisberger would have fumbled the snap, we would have scooped it up and returned it for 6. Then Carpenter would have missed the tying extra point.

It would have been 4th down with 1 second left. Pitt ball not ours. They would have kneeled down and game over so who cares

Ok thanks. I thought the Bills used their last timeout after 3rd down play but it was before. My apologies to Rex. Nah, forget that!