Rapoport: Expect off-season trade talks around Brandin Cooks

JM57

He will have 2 years left on his rookie deal (same as Sammy).

Not if he is traded. He has one year left next year. Saints can't pick up his option can they because they traded him. And I don't think another team can pick up the option once traded either.

And once traded player doesn't have to report until a nice new deal is done happens all the time

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it people want to trade for a guy that has been passed over in NO for other players, who really hasn't produced with one of the better QBs in the game.

I would rather go after a guy like Pryor, bigger stronger still learning and going to be over 1000 yards with the QBs that Cle has been trotting out. (Granted if I am CLE I am not letting Pryor hit the market)

You haven't watched the Saints at all, have you?

Yeah I have a couple times your point? He obviously upset not getting TGTs, and Thomas becoming more and more of a role in that offense

Cooks was double and tripled team on every single route last week. That's not Michael Thomas surpassing him, that's Brees throwing it to the guy the defense left open to cover Cooks.

Edited by Chilly

Cooks was double and tripled team on every single route last week. That's not Michael Thomas surpassing him, that's Brees throwing it to the guy the defense left open to cover Cooks.

Double and triple teamed really so 3 DBs to one player doubt it. More likely just running through Zones

Sure looks like he was passed up and is a decoy

Cooks has acknowledged frustration with his role in the Saints' offense, expressing himself after a zero-target day against the Los Angeles Rams last week. He believes he is used too often as a clear-out receiver instead of as a primary option, sources told ESPN's Mike Triplett.

Edited by MAJBobby

Zone

Zone

Zone/Man

Zone/Man

Thanks proves my point running through Zones

He was drawing safety help the whole game and it followed him around the field no matter where he lined up. That's not running through zones.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_3654b8b4-b5ec-11e6-923a-676a7996fb0e.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Edited by Chilly

He was drawing safety help the whole game and it followed him around the field no matter where he lined up. That's not running through zones.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_3654b8b4-b5ec-11e6-923a-676a7996fb0e.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Those 4 pictures you showed me are Zone Defense Concepts not let look at what this link says

Ok big deal a lot of WRs draw a safety in help and still get a TGT

Still doesn't change the fact I am not giving a high pick and contract to this player

Edited by MAJBobby

Those 4 pictures you showed me are Zone Defense Concepts not let look at what this link says

They were rolling the coverage towards Cooks pretty much the whole game, which can be done with Zone or Man.

Ok big deal a lot of WRs draw a safety in help and still get a TGT

While that's true, the NO offense specifically is setup to go after whatever the defense leaves vulnerable, which was Michael Thomas most of the game with Cooks drawing extra help. Typically NO moves Cooks around, because he can play outside or inside, to free him up, but given the way LA rolled coverage in this game, they attacked elsewhere.

Edited by Chilly