Raiders will have some injured defensive players out Sunday

YoloinOhio

Every team has injuries.

We just don't pay attention to the other teams injuries and only harp on our injuries as an excuse.

Partly true, but theyre a big reason why teams beat other teams in the NFL. Its why we won the first Pats game and partially why we won in Cinci.

Their defense isn't good to begin with (aside from Mack)....that's not what makes them good, so while this is great because every little bit helps in the NFL, it won't slow down their great offense - only Rex's excellent game plan and our front fours pass rush can do that (fingers crossed)

Every team has injuries.

We just don't pay attention to the other teams injuries and only harp on our injuries as an excuse.

I'm so sick of hearing this. No, not every team has their best WR injured most of the year, their second best WR missing significant time, their third best WR missing time, their best RB missing time, the best defensive player missing more than 1/2 the season, their number 1 pick missing significant time, their number 2 pick missing significant time, their best safety missing significant time, now their starting CB missing time. I implore anyone here to find ANY team out there that can put up a list of injuries to significant difference makers that is even close to ours. And yet, we are still over .500 playing with some guys literally signed off the street. Rex and Whaley deserve a lot of credit in my mind, our training staff, however, can all find new jobs in the off season.

Edited by Mark80

DJ Hayden being out would be bad. We could toast him.

would his backup be better?

I'm so sick of hearing this. No, not every team has their best WR injured most of the year, their second best WR missing significant time, their third best WR missing time, their best RB missing time, the best defensive player missing more 1/2 the season, their number 1 pick missing significant time, their number 2 pick missing significant time, their best safety missing significant time, now their starting CB missing time. I implore anyone here to find ANY team out there that can put up a list of injuries to significant difference makers that is even close to ours. And yet, we are still over .500 playing with some guys literally signed off the street. Rex and Whaley deserve a lot of credit in my mind, our training staff, however, can all find new jobs in the off season.

+1 well said Edited by YoloinOhio

would his backup be better?

Not entirely sure he could be any worse. Looking at the roster, I'd assume TJ Carrie would step up. Liked him at Ohio, scrappy dude had 17 PBUs in his first two seasons.

DJ has also had 10 DPI/holding calls against him this year. Flag-a-thon.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I'm so sick of hearing this. No, not every team has their best WR injured most of the year, their second best WR missing significant time, their third best WR missing time, their best RB missing time, the best defensive player missing more 1/2 the season, their number 1 pick missing significant time, their number 2 pick missing significant time, their best safety missing significant time, now their starting CB missing time. I implore anyone here to find ANY team out there that can put up a list of injuries to significant difference makers that is even close to ours. And yet, we are still over .500 playing with some guys literally signed off the street. Rex and Whaley deserve a lot of credit in my mind, our training staff, however, can all find new jobs in the off season.

https://www.mangameslost.com/wp-content/uploads/data_plots/NFL/2016/NFL-Week-12-Team-Games-Missed-to-Injury-VS-Team-Wins-Nov-29-2016.png

Baltimore, Chicago, Houston, San Diego, Minnesota, New Orleans. Pretty easy.

Edited by jmc12290

Pretty easy huh? Perhaps you missed the part about "significant difference makers". That chart in no way accounts for the quality of player injured. Where is that list? The Bears could have their entire team injured and it wouldn't equate to the level of talent we have had injured as they simply don't have it. Or maybe you think that missing Lamarr Houston for 9 games is the same thing as losing Marcell Dareus for 8+ games, I sure as hell don't.

Edited by Mark80

Pretty easy huh? That chart in no way accounts for the quality of player injured. Where is the list? The Bears could have their entire team injured and it wouldn't equate to the level of talent we have had injured as they simply don't have it.

That's actually exactly what it does account for. Notice the bubble sizes?

That's actually exactly what it does account for. Notice the bubble sizes?

It's cool man, you can point to bubble sizes and charts all you want, but you can't list out those "significant" players. Cool, I get it. Maybe you are just lazy? The only team that is even close quality of players wise is the Vikings (who at worst will have the same record as us after this week). I could not care less about what a bubble is arbitrarily trying to represent. And I am curious, how does you "bubble" account for Lawson and Ragland who got hurt before ever playing a down? That's a top pass rusher and starting MLB that they are, most likely, not accounting for with very much weight.

Edited by Mark80

It's cool man, you can point to bubble sizes and charts all you want, but you can't list out those "significant" players. Cool, I get it. Maybe you are just lazy? The only team that is even close quality of players wise is the Vikings (who at worst will have the same record as us after this week). I could not care less about what a bubble is arbitrarily trying to represent. And I am curious, how does you "bubble" account for Lawson and Ragland who got hurt before ever playing a down? That's a top pass rusher and starting MLB that they are, most likely, not accounting for with very much weight.

Are you getting riled up?

Lawson a top pass rusher? Tell me does Ragland start over the Browns?

I just you a chart that accounts for the quality of players relative to each other. Yes AW is a solid player. However 3 of him is not worth losing 1 JJ Watt. Sorry to say, you're wrong.

Edited by jmc12290