We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

See we add the defense scoring in your TD count. Now does that scoring really drop off without Tyrod? I would argue no. Shady still on this team they can still run the Ball.

The Bills have three non offensive TDs this year. Less than most teams. Try again.

Shady running the ball without Tyrod is substantially harder. It's unarguable.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just mindboggling how any fan can continually focus on the offense and leave the totally horrendous defense out of the equation for why we're not in the playoffs.

But that's enough for today.

Happy Holidays!

Newer generations don't care, they all received trophies for playing not winning. Different world, I am starting to realize the only way I make a difference is to pull my money away. Trump should have bought this team, he would have made sure he had winners on this team or your fired! I will be canceling Game Pass, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc.. if Bills fail to address this situation in a detailed business assessment. If all that matters they filled the stadium then we will fing out if my $300 plus matters to the NFL, my reason 1-32 franchises has failed to keep my interest!

The Bills have three non offensive TDs this year. Less than most teams. Try again.

Shady running the ball without Tyrod is substantially harder. It's unarguable.

Sure it is because you know Shady Sucked in Philly without Tyrod. Really guys you will do anything to protect a AVG at best QB

It should not come down to "what gives us the best chance of backing in at 10-6 in 2017?" It should come down to what gives us the best chance of being a perennial winner and a Championship organisation. I am not sure anyone can hand on heart say "paying Tyrod $16m" is the answer.

Finally enough true blue drinking fans have gotten home, lol!

Newer generations don't care, they all received trophies for playing not winning. Different world, I am starting to realize the only way I make a difference is to pull my money away. Trump should have bought this team, he would have made sure he had winners on this team or your fired! I will be canceling Game Pass, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc.. if Bills fail to address this situation in a detailed business assessment. If all that matters they filled the stadium then we will fing out if my $300 plus matters to the NFL, my reason 1-32 franchises has failed to keep my interest!

Waiting to see how participation trophies do anything to the argument

Sure it is because you know Shady Sucked in Philly without Tyrod. Really guys you will do anything to protect a AVG at best QB

If you don't understand how Tyrod running, and the running plays they design and call, makes defenses play differently than they would with any other QB under center, you know nothing about football.

If you don't understand how Tyrod running, and the running plays they design and call, makes defenses play differently than they would with any other QB under center, you know nothing about football.

Explain to me then with all your football knowledge how Shady was the top back in the NFL before Tyrod because you know Tyrod makes this run game possible LOL

Waiting to see how participation trophies do anything to the argument

If you don't understand then it is too late to explain and your part of the problem. I can accept this. My statement doesn't change, I am taking money away from those I severely disagree on principle.

Explain to me then with all your football knowledge how Shady was the top back in the NFL before Tyrod because you know Tyrod makes this run game possible LOL

Shady is an elite talent, there's absolutely no doubt it about. That dude makes cuts that a surgeon would be envious of.

It's hard to discount what Tyrod does for the run game though. He keeps that end man on the LOS honest. The horrible closet racist Alex Kirby said it best:

@AlexJKirby

Game planning for Tyrod and this offense is an absolute pain in the ass, and I know Belichick would love it if they went back to pro style.

Like it or not (I don't particularly), Tyrod adds a dimension that many can't. Whether he's the pure passer we want or not, his legs and the option game provides something that teams hate to game plan against. I'd rather a consistent 250-300 yard passer but Tyrod can win in this league. Today proved it. Just give him a D that can keep things tight and he can be 'enough'. Not that franchise guy we all imagined but enough to make offense happen with,

To me it would make absolutely no sense to not pick up the option on Tyrod. Okay, if Brees or Rivers were available and willing to come here, then yes buh bye Tyrod, nice knowing ya. But let's be serious. I seriously think their is about a 1% chance that happens. Please do not bring up Romo, who was never quite on that tier and has had continuous serious injuries over the last few years. Let Tyrod walk to watch Romo get injured in game 1 and retire? I don't think so.

If we are going to replace Tyrod, where is that replacement going to come from? The draft is where you are going to find your guy. I think we should definitely be drafting more QB's but that doesn't mean they have to start right away. Yes if we are going QB in the top ten, I am a believer you should be going with that guy from day one, but we have learned with players like Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott, that you don't have to get your QB in round one. That said two of those guys started as rookies and have be great thus far. I think you re-up Tyrod and put more a an emphasis on drafting QB's and if one can beat Tyrod out that is great. If Tyrod can elevate his play and solidify his position as a starter, that is great.

Tyrod's contract is very low for a QB and if we were to draft somebody who panned out, Tyrod's contract would run out before we had to pay the new guy. Tyrod's extension will have no bearing on our ability to keep another QB should we find one that we think can be great. Even if Tyrod regresses and we want to cut him, his dead cap space is extremely low and would have little affect on the roster. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor-7899/

I know we have statistically, the worst passing game in the NFL. I wish we could have what we had with the K-Gun in the 90's but that isn't happening unless we draft someone who is really good. So we aren't going to have that great passing game just yet but we do have the best running game in the NFL both by yards and yards per carry. I do like that we are going against the grain and doing the exact opposite of what everyone else is doing. I also don't think we have peaked yet as an offense and we won't this season. I think if we improve the RT position, be savvy in free agency and add some useful veteran receivers, and give Anthonly Lynn an off-season to fine tune the offense. We could be very good next season.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

This is more yards per carry than he has ever averaged in his career and our OL is not as good as the ones he had in Philly?

Did Shady not lead the NFL in rushing? Has he not been considered on of the better backs in the league?

But nope its not Shadys talent in scheme it is all Tyrod that makes Shady go.

Like if Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Derek Carr were on this team Shady and the Bills run game would fall off the face of the NFL and my football knowledge is the one questioned.

If you don't understand then it is too late to explain and your part of the problem. I can accept this. My statement doesn't change, I am taking money away from those I severely disagree on principle.

I am part of the problem. Ok. Newsflash never recieved a participation trophy in my life, just fail to see how it has anything to do with this argument

Did Shady not lead the NFL in rushing? Has he not been considered on of the better backs in the league?

Like if Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Derek Carr were on this team Shady and the Bills run game would fall off the face of the NFL and my football knowledge is the one questioned.

You are not at all, in any way, responding to the essential element of the argument. Mike Gillislee averages more yards per carry than Shady does. The reason is the total Bills running game, and an enormous part of that is because defenses cannot key on the back. Like they do against everyone else. They have to key on Tyrod AND the back. It's glaringly obvious.

You are not at all, in any way, responding to the essential element of the argument. Mike Gillislee averages more yards per carry than Shady does. The reason is the total Bills running game, and an enormous part of that is because defenses cannot key on the back. Like they do against everyone else. They have to key on Tyrod AND the back. It's glaringly obvious.

It certainly has an impact. Is it the reason our run game leads the league? Nope. I think run blocking that is second only to Dallas in the entire league is the reason for that.

I am part of the problem. Ok. Newsflash never recieved a participation trophy in my life, just fail to see how it has anything to do with this argument

I am sorry I need to explain this, If you accept mediocrity and pass that on, that is what you get! So if your praised for just showing up then where is the incentive to be better?

Shady is an elite talent, there's absolutely no doubt it about. That dude makes cuts that a surgeon would be envious of.

It's hard to discount what Tyrod does for the run game though. He keeps that end man on the LOS honest. The horrible closet racist Alex Kirby said it best:

@AlexJKirby

Game planning for Tyrod and this offense is an absolute pain in the ass, and I know Belichick would love it if they went back to pro style.

Like it or not (I don't particularly), Tyrod adds a dimension that many can't. Whether he's the pure passer we want or not, his legs and the option game provides something that teams hate to game plan against. I'd rather a consistent 250-300 yard passer but Tyrod can win in this league. Today proved it. Just give him a D that can keep things tight and he can be 'enough'. Not that franchise guy we all imagined but enough to make offense happen with,

Its not gonna be popular with some on this board but I predict

RR gets canned

TT gets his option picked up

IMO at the end of the day when they evaluate all this they are gonna say that our O was 5th on scoring offense and our D was absolutely deplorable.....and will believe that if they can get THAT straightened out they will make the playoffs

Which leads me to believe that they will take the best available safety at their pick......draft a QB within the first 3 rounds.......and try to resign Gilmore.

One thing nobody is talking about....and justafiably so because he cant help us now....is Reggie Ragland....the best pure LB out of this last draft.....

Switch to a 4-3.....put Lawson at DE where he belongs...putting Marcel and Meatball at what they do best....find a way to keep Z. Brown

Yeah glaringly obvious. Well they dont have tonworry about the trowing so there is that.

Tell me again how much this run game falls off so middle of NFL without tyrod at QB?

It certainly has an impact. Is it the reason our run game leads the league? Nope. I think run blocking that is second only to Dallas in the entire league is the reason for that.

There are a lot of reasons. Shady is great. Gillislee is a tremendous backup. Glenn, Incognito and Wood until he was hurt are good. Kromer is one of the best OL coaches in the game. Tyrod is also a substantial part, not even counting his yards. Our line is not as good as it appears to be at times because of Tyrod. I would argue that excellent franchise QBs, like Flacco and Eli and Rivers, amongst others, would look terrible on our offense without Watkins. It's unknowable but I'm fairly certain that would be true. They would be crushed.

Its not gonna be popular with some on this board but I predict

RR gets canned

TT gets his option picked up

IMO at the end of the day when they evaluate all this they are gonna say that our O was 5th on scoring offense and our D was absolutely deplorable.....and will believe that if they can get THAT straightened out they will make the playoffs

Which leads me to believe that they will take the best available safety at their pick......draft a QB within the first 3 rounds.......and try to resign Gilmore.

One thing nobody is talking about....and justafiably so because he cant help us now....is Reggie Ragland....the best pure LB out of this last draft.....

Switch to a 4-3.....put Lawson at DE where he belongs...putting Marcel and Meatball at what they do best....find a way to keep Z. Brown

By pure you mean two down thumper another antiquated thinking pick from this FO