1. 1. Are you venturing out for Black Friday

• Yes: I am a Masochist who enjoys the pain
    • Yes: I am a Sadist who enjoys inflicting trauma on other shoppers
    • Trump
    • All Glory to the Hypnotoad!!!
    • Gonna sit back and watch videos of people fighting over cheap crap

You could have bought that stuff last weekend,

Signed Idiot

Actually, I couldn't. We had foundation work being done last week, which involved tearing out the front steps and some of the driveway pad, which led to some discoveries (such as: the previous homeowner built the front steps directly over a crawlspace vent :doh:) that caused a change in plans for replacing the front steps with decking. I didn't even know I'd be doing this project until a week ago, and couldn't measure for the plans until this past Monday.

You know what really sucks, though? $750 in permits and inspection fees, for a $600 deck.

Oh, and Home Depot and Lowes both were completely dead anyway. I keep hearing on the news today that stores were packed, but every one I went to or drove by was emptier than even a normal Friday.

Edited by DC Tom

Oh, and Home Depot and Lowes both were completely dead anyway. I keep hearing on the news today that stores were packed, but every one I went to or drove by was emptier than even a normal Friday.

They were probably packed before you got there.

Maybe they read TSW so they knew you were coming and wanted to avoid you.

Actually, I couldn't. We had foundation work being done last week, which involved tearing out the front steps and some of the driveway pad, which led to some discoveries (such as: the previous homeowner built the front steps directly over a crawlspace vent :doh:) that caused a change in plans for replacing the front steps with decking. I didn't even know I'd be doing this project until a week ago, and couldn't measure for the plans until this past Monday.

You know what really sucks, though? $750 in permits and inspection fees, for a $600 deck.

If stores I'm north wilkesboro and the wall-mart are packed at 10pm the night before I'm guessing you were too late. Lowes was average weekend afternoon at 6pm in my town

$750 for permits and inspections is crazy. One nice advantage in a small town you can get away with a lot of stuff and not bother with those.

I bought a new 60 inch tv back in October from Costco. There was something wrong with it so I just returned it this week. I got a new one and with the price drop thanks to their Black Friday prices, I got a sound bar to go with it without spending anything extra. Works for me

Around noon we went to TJ Maxx , Target and a couple of other stores. Not very crowded at all.

Cashier at Target said the store was crowded on Thursday until 11:00 PM and then it was empty until 8:00AM on Friday.

The department store, Elder Beermann , that anchors the mall was PACKED when we went there around 3:00PM Friday.

This store had great deals.

Around noon we went to TJ Maxx , Target and a couple of other stores. Not very crowded at all.

Cashier at Target said the store was crowded on Thursday until 11:00 PM and then it was empty until 8:00AM on Friday.

The department store, Elder Beermann , that anchors the mall was PACKED when we went there around 3:00PM Friday.

This store had great deals.

Dunno about Elder Berman (is that like a store for old drunk guys?) but chains like Target and TJ Maxx have enough of an online presence that folks window shop before the fact, order online and either have it shipped home or to the store for pickup at their leisure.