Week 12: Jaguars' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

The return of Hackett!!!

Hopefully Rex, Rob and Thurman are gameplanning for Hackett's inventive 3 dive plays and a punt offense

Wonder if St Doug makes the trip or opts out

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setting the table: Jaguars-Bills

Senior writer John Oehser examines key players, matchups and storylines as the Jaguars prepare to play the Buffalo Bills at New Era Field in Orchard Park, New York, Sunday

@viccarucci

My five takes on #Bills vs. #Jaguars NEW at [bN] Blitz: https://t.co/89HeVxuDkm

Here are my five takes on the Buffalo Bills' game against the Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday at New Era Field:

1. Leave no doubt from the outset that the better team is playing at home.

2. Give Mike Gillislee a healthy amount of carries.

3. Marcell Dareus puts together two dominant games in a row.

4. The secondary's big game can't be an anomaly.

5. Tyrod Taylor makes better use of Charles Clay and Nick O'Leary.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

where has O'Leary been these last few games, he was starting to come on then <poof> he was gone.

Setting the table: Jaguars-Bills

@viccarucci

My five takes on #Bills vs. #Jaguars NEW at [bN] Blitz: https://t.co/89HeVxuDkm

Here are my five takes on the Buffalo Bills' game against the Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday at New Era Field:

1. Leave no doubt from the outset that the better team is playing at home.

2. Give Mike Gillislee a healthy amount of carries.

3. Marcell Dareus puts together two dominant games in a row.

4. The secondary's big game can't be an anomaly.

5. Tyrod Taylor makes better use of Charles Clay and Nick O'Leary.

Watkins to begin practicing today; Sunday status to be determined

watkins-9-17-story.jpg

Bills GM Doug Whaley confirmed Wednesday morning that Sammy Watkins will return to the practice field. His status for Sunday's game however, will hinge on how his foot responds to the first intense football activity in two months.

With Watkins being designated Buffalo’s one player to return from injured reserve to play it effectively ends the 2016 season for other I-R candidates who would’ve also be able to return to play like S Colt Anderson and S Aaron Williams.

The Jags scare me. Its games like these we have historically failed to seal the deal in the past.

The Jags game is a sure thing.... they won't let you down until they get us believing that this year they can finally break through. Thats when they drop the bomb... loss to Bryce Petty's Jets perhaps

@JoeBuscaglia

Sammy Watkins is returning to practice? Sammy Watkins is returning to practice. The #Bills take the field at 12:30: https://t.co/2gm9yVLrKX

@SalSports

Jags coach Gus Bradley on Blake Bortles: "There's been some plays, missed opportunities that have really stood out more b/c of close games"

Bradley says there are things Bortles has improved upon from last year to this year, as well. Wouldn't agree he's "taken a step back."

@MatthewFairburn

Asked Jaguars coach Gus Bradley how he blocks out the criticism. Said he only hears it "when guys like you bring it up."

@sn_nfl

Week 12 NFL picks straight up: Lions rise, Packers fall in NFC North http://dlvr.it/MkLs8s

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-8) at Buffalo Bills (5-5)

Time to stop saying the Jaguars are "disappointing" and Blake Bortles is "underachieving." We were just wrong about them. This is who they are, and it has nothing to do with what prognosticators erroneously expected them to be. The Bills are unpredictable, but this one isn’t hard to predict. Bills, 33-16

@MatthewFairburn

Gus Bradley has the second worst winning percentage of any coach in NFL history. Rex Ryan shouldn't have any problem out-coaching him.

@MatthewFairburn

Gus Bradley said he "doesn't see any change" in Doug Marrone this week as he prepares to make his first trip to Buffalo since the #optout.

Official: Watkins designated to return

The Bills today issued the formality that the team has cleared WR Sammy Watkins to return to practice. Though he remains on injured reserve he has been designated as their player to return.

NFL clubs can only designate one player per season on injured reserve as their player to return. That means that S Colt Anderson and S Aaron Williams, who were other candidates to return this season will not be able to. Their seasons are effectively over.

For Watkins to play on Sunday he will have to be elevated to the team’s active roster. The Bills have until 4 pm on Saturday to do so.

@AdamBenigni

Take 2: #Bills key storylines and #Jags preview with @viccarucci @wgrz

https://t.co/hDr4GUsUNw

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan: Robert Blanton, Charles Clay and Robert Woods will not practice today.

Lorenzo Alexander, LeSean McCoy, Sammy Watkins, Corbin Bryant will all be limited in practice today.

Rex Ryan said the Bills will "know a little more today" about whether the Bills will have Sammy Watkins on Sunday.

@PrescottRossi

Rex Ryan: "The health of Sammy is the big question, whether Woods is healthy or not."

Rex Ryan says Watkins has been at the facility throughout his recovery. "He's been doing everything that's asked of him."

@JoeBuscaglia

During his eight weeks away, Sammy Watkins has been working closely with WRs coach Sanjay Lal, according to #Bills HC Rex Ryan

@JaySkurski

Rex Ryan on Shaq Lawson: "He's going to get more playing time as we go." #Bills

@viccarucci

Rex on McCoy: "We'll lean on him. The big thing w him is to make sure that his thumb doesn't get infected." #Bills

@SalSports

Rex on how Dareus played after watching film: "Forget it....he played great....he dominated that game."

@PrescottRossi

Rex Ryan says they plan on taking Lorenzo Alexander off more than 70 snaps he had vs CIN and that Shaq will take more.

@JaySkurski

Rex says the #Bills need to give Lorenzo Alexander, whom he calls the team MVP, more plays off. That should mean more work for Shaq Lawson.

@PrescottRossi

Rex Ryan: "We need this game in the worst way.. Having T-giving will alter our sched a little bit, but everything will be business as usual"

Q: "When was the last time you spent Thanksgiving with Rob?" Rex: "Ohhh, I'm not spending Thanksgiving with him."

Rex Ryan on Jags: "This team is loaded. They have three really good WRs. Two excellent RBs and franchise type QB. The skill level is there."

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan says for Doug Marrone and the rest of the Jaguars: "I hope it's a miserable experience."

@SalSports

Rex on fixated sideline cameras and chip in ball for 1st downs: "Beats me. People with a lot more intelligence than me will figure it out."

@PrescottRossi

Rex Ryan on fans reception to Doug Marrone:

Cx9pZ1pXEAEeDlL.jpg

@viccarucci

Rex: They're going to have to take me kicking & screaming out of this place. 1 day that's going to happen, but not for a long time." #Bills

@SalSports

Rex called Chris Ivory "a man child." Said getting him was one of best moves they made when he was coach of Jets.

@PrescottRossi

Rex Ryan on Jags O since OC change: "There are some subtle differences. They're finding more ways to get the ball to Lee. It's similar."

@SalSports

Rex asked again about the PI against Robey-Coleman vs JAX last year: "It was ridiculous and we all know it."

@viccarucci

Rex on bogus PI call on #Bills vs. #Jaguars. "I see the guy that made the call. You're never going to assult somebody but u think about it."

11-5 is a pipe dream. We need to beat the Jags, Browns, Fins and Jets. Flip one of the two between raiders and Pitts- thinking steelers are the one we can grab. Makes the earlier fins Seattle loses painful right now.

6-5 isn't a pipe dream. Beat the Jags. #WeAreOnToJacksonville

Big picture has a lot of possibilities, but the trip to Oakland is going to be very tough. However I think Oakland is a team that has been flying higher than their ability, and while they are going to win the division and are can make a playoff run, they also have had a lot of things work out and won a lot of close games that they could have lost. Starting three home games in a row at 7-5 would be a great place to be, and if Sammy and Marcel can return to being factors in the next two weeks, those are two huge pro-bowl caliber pickups for us.

@buffalobills

Thumb surgery on Sunday? No problem. #GoBillsNFL_Season_2016_BUF.png

Cx90m2eXAAUqIhi.jpg

@ryanohalloran

#JaguarsNFL_Season_2016_JAX.png CB Aaron Colvin and WR Arrelious Benn out of concussion program. Will be limited in practice today.

@mike_e_kaye

Ramsey on season moving forward: "I don't come here to just get my check and leave. I have goals. I have things I want to accomplish." #Jags