Roethlisberger calls out his team and coaches after loss

YoloinOhio

@adamschefter

Ben Roethlisberger calls out Steelers on discipline, accountability:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18044058/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-undisciplined-not-accountable

"We are undisciplined and not accountable," Roethlisberger said from his locker. "That's why (the Cowboys) are one of the best in the business and we're not right now."

When asked how the team got to that point, Roethlisberger said, "I don't know. Is it players? Is it coaches? I don't know, but we need to get there quick."

Edited by YoloinOhio

The Steelers' roster is similar to ours, in that they have drafted and signed a lot of knuckeheads and have a players' coach who does little to rein them in. The difference is that they have a top-five QB and their scouts understand how to evaluate receiver and tight end prospects; our scouts suck at doing this.

This is after Ben already addressed with Tomlin. This tweet is from early Sunday. The fact he even had to do this with the HC is ridiculous.

@akinkabwala

As told to me, Ben Roethlisberger had lengthy heart-to-heart w/ Mike Tomlin. QB wants greater seriousness of purpose from younger Steelers.

It's not the first time he's called out the coaches this year. He said that he thought their TC and practices were too hard and it was leading to too many injuries.

I think he knows the window is closing but he played poorly vs Ravens so he needs to own that too. With the financial commitment they have to Ben I think Tomlin is on thin ice if Ben ultimately wants a change.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He has always had a penchant for saying little things like that or contradicting the coaches on injury status. These comments get a lot of eye rolls from the steeler fans here.

do you sense tension between Ben and Tomlin? That's how it appears from the outside. Sometimes it's best to keep that stuff in-house. Edited by YoloinOhio

do you sense tension between Ben and Tomlin? That's how it appears from the outside. Sometimes it's best to keep that stuff in-house.

Not at all. I have heard him make little digs like this about cowher and Haley too, as well as some of his receivers throughout the years. I am not sure if it's because he's a tad goofy, but these things always seem to blow over. It probably helps too when they start winning again and all is forgotten.

I have no problem with this, none at all. Especially with how Le'Veon / Brown / and all the rest try to talk the talk with that wannabe ass kickin swagger. I applaud Ben. Time for the young guys to flip the switch from talking to walking and leave the thuggery at home.

Yup. Their defense got trucked yesterday (by a very dominant o-line) and by the end of the game their will had been broken.

Not at all. I have heard him make little digs like this about cowher and Haley too, as well as some of his receivers throughout the years. I am not sure if it's because he's a tad goofy, but these things always seem to blow over. It probably helps too when they start winning again and all is forgotten.

Tomlin is defensive coach and his D sucks so it always seems like Ben is throwing him under the bus.

The Steelers' roster is similar to ours, in that they have drafted and signed a lot of knuckeheads and have a players' coach who does little to rein them in. The difference is that they have a top-five QB and their scouts understand how to evaluate receiver and tight end prospects; our scouts suck at doing this.

Mike Tomlin is not Rex Ryan......Tomlin runs a much tighter ship in Steel City. They have a subpar defense.