Bills Have Not Beaten Anybody

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can only beat the teams that you play. The Bills schedule gets easier and Denver's (for example) gets much tougher. You can't control what everyone else is doing. The Jets game and the Miami game were games that they should have won. They didn't, but if you were a Saints fan or a Panthers fan or a Steelers fan you'd be saying the same thing today. That's the NFL.

Complaining about the wins though is beyond counterintuitive. You don't see other fan bases doing that. They celebrate the wins and mourn the losses. I don't know when this place turned so ugly but it's exhausting. I get the point that the teams that we beat aren't very good but that's irrelevant; you play whose on the schedule. Maybe I just need a break from this place because it's dragging me down.

I think it's just the common sense discussion of can we go 6-1 down the stretch.... you look at what the teams done and generally we beat bad teams and lost to middle of the pack or better. You certainly see other teams fans have discussions like this

And to think it only took 109 years!

I think they actually embraced it. The Lovable Losers. To their credit, it was MUCH harder to reach the playoffs (let alone WS) in baseball. Only 4 teams out of 30 used to make it. Then it was 8, now 10 with the WC.

Football is pretty easy at 40% unless the Patriots* are in your division.

Edited by r00tabaga

Chicago Cubs

They rallied around their fans. Unfortunately more than half of the Bills fans here are quitters who actually enjoy the drought cuz they get to B word in public & look cool.

My family has been Original season ticket holders since 1960. I have not missed a game as long as I've been in the City of Buffalo while it has been played in 40 years. Does that mean that I cannot complain about losing on a message board, spare me

I think they actually embraced it. The Lovable Losers. To their credit, it was MUCH harder to reach the playoffs (let alone WS) in baseball. Only 4 teams out of 30 used to make it. Then it was 8, now 10 with the WC.

Football is pretty easy at 40% unless the Patriots* are in your division.

Which makes 17 years even more ridiculous

No offense, I am not against you in any way but everytime I see PO16FFS, all my brain sees is PieceOf16shit. Funny. Wonder what it really is for.

It stands for: Playoffs in 2016 FOR F%^* SAKES!

Actually I feel like there's way more people like you around here these days.

Could be. A joke of a Coach would bring out the worse in people. Pegula ownership was supposed to change things. Change the losing culture.

trust me, once this joke of a coach is gone, I will be alot better.

I think it's just the common sense discussion of can we go 6-1 down the stretch.... you look at what the teams done and generally we beat bad teams and lost to middle of the pack or better. You certainly see other teams fans have discussions like this

That would be a worthwhile discussion but I don't think anyone is anticipating 6-1. Oakland is a loss IMO. They CAN win the other games but that's highly unlikely. They will win 4 or 5. I'm not sure if that makes me a Kool-Aid drinker? I'm not sure where the level of outrage is supposed to be?

I guess that the playoff drought isn't that important to me (I know that sounds blasphemous). I only care about a Super Bowl. That doesn't seem close but the NFL isn't loaded with good teams. The Bills have some holes that need addressing and some guys that they need to get back on the field. Every decision though should be with eyes on the Super Bowl not a wild card berth. To win the Super Bowl they are going to need to win like Seattle did, elite running game, good QB play, good pass rush and an elite secondary. They have pieces to do those things but have holes as well (specifically in the secondary). They have a team that can be a WC team now but not one that can win it all.

Does that mean that I cannot complain about losing on a message board, spare me

It's much more fun and way easier to cheer and have hope that they turn it around than it is to complain to other posters. We all know about the drought. It sucks.

When I start eating time here doing what you all are doing I hope I'm smart enough to walk away from football. It's entertainment at the end of the day and when it's not fun anymore I'm done. Wonder why some "like" the pain. Never quite understood that. I guess that makes me an apologist? Still not sure what that means.

Edited by r00tabaga

That would be a worthwhile discussion but I don't think anyone is anticipating 6-1. Oakland is a loss IMO. They CAN win the other games but that's highly unlikely. They will win 4 or 5. I'm not sure if that makes me a Kool-Aid drinker? I'm not sure where the level of outrage is supposed to be?

I guess that the playoff drought isn't that important to me (I know that sounds blasphemous). I only care about a Super Bowl. That doesn't seem close but the NFL isn't loaded with good teams. The Bills have some holes that need addressing and some guys that they need to get back on the field. Every decision though should be with eyes on the Super Bowl not a wild card berth. To win the Super Bowl they are going to need to win like Seattle did, elite running game, good QB play, good pass rush and an elite secondary. They have pieces to do those things but have holes as well (specifically in the secondary). They have a team that can be a WC team now but not one that can win it all.

Great post.

I just want the excitment of a playoff game.

My family has been Original season ticket holders since 1960. I have not missed a game as long as I've been in the City of Buffalo while it has been played in 40 years. Does that mean that I cannot complain about losing on a message board, spare me

We're 4-5 in November, not sure what people expect to see here. Posts about who should go on the Wall of Fame?

I guess that the playoff drought isn't that important to me (I know that sounds blasphemous). I only care about a Super Bowl. That doesn't seem close but the NFL isn't loaded with good teams. The Bills have some holes that need addressing and some guys that they need to get back on the field. Every decision though should be with eyes on the Super Bowl not a wild card berth.

100% in agreement with you.

To win the Super Bowl they are going to need to win like Seattle did, elite running game, good QB play, good pass rush and an elite secondary. They have pieces to do those things but have holes as well (specifically in the secondary).

Completely disagree.

They have a team that can be a WC team now but not one that can win it all.

Back on board and in agreement, but that's a best case scenario if the stars align perfectly, and obviously not this year.

Edited by QCity

It's much more fun and way easier to cheer and have hope that they turn it around than it is to complain to other posters. We all know about the drought. It sucks.

When I start eating time here doing what you all are doing I hope I'm smart enough to walk away from football. It's entertainment at the end of the day and when it's not fun anymore I'm done. Wonder why some "like" the pain. Never quite understood that. I guess that makes me an apologist? Still not sure what that means.

I would be shocked if there was 1 person on this board that likes the losing. There may be a couple told ya so types but wanting to lose, that's ridiculous.

I understand you have to be in it to win it. But I want to build a team and be a serious threat to win it. I like Whaley and our scouts at this point. If only we had the Brown's ridiculous drat picks! (Yeah, I know....we didn't value them when it comes to Sammy...blah, blah, blah, that's history now)

I would be shocked if there was 1 person on this board that likes the losing. There may be a couple told ya so types but wanting to lose, that's ridiculous.

To the stepford company liners here if you criticize a failed franchise you're not a fan . Rah rah or else