Advocare ? BS or okay ?

Maury Ballstein

The lady's got me on some herbal cleanse through advocare.

Day 1 not too bad. Day 2 I'm out here throwing up water and have a mild headache.

Where's my health people at ? Is this all BS ? 10 day cleanse w pills and fiber.

I run a supplement company, and I can promise you that you don't need pills or supplements to do a cleanse.

Cleanses that feature supplements or goofy stuff in general are useless. The point is to get your body back to homeostasis, but there's no magic to that.

You can easily accomplish the same feat by fasting for 48 hours and drinking 12-16 glasses of water each day during the fast.

I'll never trash anyone else's business, but the idea of a cleanse is superfluous.

I run a supplement company, and I can promise you that you don't need pills or supplements to do a cleanse.

Cleanses that feature supplements or goofy stuff in general are useless. The point is to get your body back to homeostasis, but there's no magic to that.

You can easily accomplish the same feat by fasting for 48 hours and drinking 12-16 glasses of water each day during the fast.

I'll never trash anyone else's business, but the idea of a cleanse is superfluous.

this is a really dumb question. But does this mean you literally eat nothing for 48 hours? Just the water?

I've done Advocare twice. Both times I lost about 15lbs in the 10 day period. And the. About 20-25lbs within the first 24 days.

The problem is, it's a lot of water weight and you will gain of all back of your not disciplined.

IMO, diets are all about lifestyle change. If you eat Jims Steak Out 5 days a week then the cleanse and advocare itself will work based in the fact that your not eating like crap all the time. But get where you want to be and then maintain as you eat crap a day or three a week and then more healthy the rest of the time and you'll be ok.

My cleanse this past time went well. Still dieting without following Advocares plan. Everything else has been the same except I'm not using their products (the fibre and the pills). But a supplement shake for breakfast (I use Visalus, because it's the shake that tastes like a cake), 10 baby carrots and 16 almonds for a snack about 2-3 hours later, chicken salad for lunch, more carrots and almonds another 2-3 hours later, then chicken breast and asparagus for dinner. Drink a ton of water all day. Devide your weight by 2 and drink that many ounces a day in water.

My biggest bane is soda. If I'm not dieting I'm drinking like a 2 liter a day. Just can't help it. But when I'm dieting I'm chugging flavored seltzer water for that flavor and carbonation. I'll have about 1-2 cans a day. Usually after lunch and dinner for a treat.

Good luck with it. It will work, as long as you keep disciplined after its all done. But that can be said with any diet.

I've done Advocare twice. Both times I lost about 15lbs in the 10 day period. And the. About 20-25lbs within the first 24 days.

The problem is, it's a lot of water weight and you will gain of all back of your not disciplined.

IMO, diets are all about lifestyle change. If you eat Jims Steak Out 5 days a week then the cleanse and advocare itself will work based in the fact that your not eating like crap all the time. But get where you want to be and then maintain as you eat crap a day or three a week and then more healthy the rest of the time and you'll be ok.

My cleanse this past time went well. Still dieting without following Advocares plan. Everything else has been the same except I'm not using their products (the fibre and the pills). But a supplement shake for breakfast (I use Visalus, because it's the shake that tastes like a cake), 10 baby carrots and 16 almonds for a snack about 2-3 hours later, chicken salad for lunch, more carrots and almonds another 2-3 hours later, then chicken breast and asparagus for dinner. Drink a ton of water all day. Devide your weight by 2 and drink that many ounces a day in water.

My biggest bane is soda. If I'm not dieting I'm drinking like a 2 liter a day. Just can't help it. But when I'm dieting I'm chugging flavored seltzer water for that flavor and carbonation. I'll have about 1-2 cans a day. Usually after lunch and dinner for a treat.

Good luck with it. It will work, as long as you keep disciplined after its all done. But that can be said with any diet.

I, too, lost 15 lbs. on one of the 10-day Advocare cleanses.

I, too, gained it back nearly immediately.

Like Mr. Ags says, it just takes discipline. It's usually a lifestyle change that's needed more than a diet, per se.

I said this elsewhere, but what worked for me was myfitnesspal app. Count my calories every day. I pretty much eat whatever I want still, but just have to ration it out to make sure I am under my daily calories. On days I exercise, I input my calories burned, and then get more calories to play with on the food side.

Lost 60 pounds this way over 6 months, and have maintained that for an additional 9 months now.

that sounds like a lifestyle change.

Grats to you for succeeding, and maintaining

I, too, lost 15 lbs. on one of the 10-day Advocare cleanses.

I, too, gained it back nearly immediately.

Like Mr. Ags says, it just takes discipline. It's usually a lifestyle change that's needed more than a diet, per se.

No coffee or soda for 3 days now.

I think I'm gonna quit the diet soda for good, so much cancer talk going around.

Not eating fried foods is tough. The chicken tenders were always in play when I'm a hurry.

I feel safe saying I've eaten more chicken tenders than anyone else on tbd.

Goodbye Popeyes and Bojangles, I will miss you.

I'll try, less fried foods, water>8dietpepsis, removal of all fast foods will be good for 20 pounds.

Bojangles for breakfast, Popeyes at lunch = I'm 10 deep on a Tuesday.

Popeyes fries = sleeper MVP of the fast food world.

jims steak out chicken finger subs like 3 days a week for me. I haven't ever had bohangles or Popeyes chicken fingers but I'd dare say they aren't nearly as large as chicken fingers in Buffalo.

But if your doing that every day, I'll just concede.

Edited by mrags

All you had to say was this. 2 Liters a day? Kick that habit first, and the rest will be much easier.

All you had to say was this. 2 Liters a day? Kick that habit first, and the rest will be much easier.

id rather eat less crap and still be able to drink my soda. I understand that 2 liters a day is a bit much but to have a few cans a day I'd be ok

jims steak out chicken finger subs like 3 days a week for me. I haven't ever had bohangles or Popeyes chicken fingers but I'd dare say they aren't nearly as large as chicken fingers in Buffalo.

But if your doing that every day, I'll just concede.

Not everyday but it's happened before. We're not even factoring in the farm fresh supermarket ones doused in blue cheese.

id rather eat less crap and still be able to drink my soda. I understand that 2 liters a day is a bit much but to have a few cans a day I'd be ok

Keep drinking the flavored seltzer and you'll kick the habit. There are few things worse for you than Coke or Pepsi, even a few cans a day.

Keep drinking the flavored seltzer and you'll kick the habit. There are few things worse for you than Coke or Pepsi, even a few cans a day.

Flavored seltzer is all we keep in the fridge. I usually get the store brand, but that's because I'm cheap. Schweppe's flavored seltzer is very flavorful, though.