Since 2013, this team is 36-19. How?

Since, 2013, only 4 teams have a better W/L record than this team in the entire NFL. Can you name that team? The following numbers will probably give it away:

In 2013 they ranked 25th in passing offense; 25th in passing defense; 10th in rushing offense; 22nd in rushing defense.

In 2014 they ranked 29th in passing offense; 2nd in passing defense; 10th in rushing offense; 28th in rushing defense.

In 2015 they ranked 30th in passing offense; 9th in passing defense; 6th in rushing offense; 8th in rushing defense.

So far in 2016 they rank 17th in passing offense; 14th in passing defense; 18th in rushing offense; 19th in rushing defense.

How in the world can the above team be tied for the 5th best record in the NFL since 2013? Only the Patriots, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Denver have been better, and other than the Patriots, the other 3 haven't been much better during the regular season at least.

Edited by bobobonators

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since, 2013, only 4 teams have a better W/L record than this team in the entire NFL. Can you name that team? The following numbers will probably give it away:

In 2013 they ranked 25th in passing offense; 25th in passing defense; 10th in rushing offense; 22nd in rushing defense.

In 2014 they ranked 29th in passing offense; 2nd in passing defense; 10th in rushing offense; 28th in rushing defense.

In 2015 they ranked 30th in passing offense; 9th in passing defense; 6th in rushing offense; 8th in rushing defense.

So far in 2016 they rank 17th in passing offense; 14th in passing defense; 18th in rushing offense; 19th in rushing defense.

How in the world can the above team be tied for the 5th best record in the NFL since 2013? Only the Patriots, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Denver have been better, and other than the Patriots, the other 3 haven't been much better during the regular season at least.

Can we see a TO differential? That would probably shed some light.

Chiefs?

Yup, the Chiefs.

The Bills/Chiefs are amazingly similar in terms of strategy and overall talent in my opinion, but yet one team is able to continuously win and the other is not.

I believe the mystery team is Kansas City.

How did they do it? Based on their games against the Bills, they let other teams beat themselves.

hahaha..well I guess you can also argue the luck factor too...but a 3.5 year sample size is a pretty decent sample size and their wins are there.

Can we see a TO differential? That would probably shed some light.

Yes, true. I'll look into that I don't have time now though.

Yup, the Chiefs.

The Bills/Chiefs are amazingly similar in terms of strategy and overall talent in my opinion, but yet one team is able to continuously win and the other is not.

hahaha..well I guess you can also argue the luck factor too...but a 3.5 year sample size is a pretty decent sample size and their wins are there.

Yes, true. I'll look into that I don't have time now though.

So Andy Reid > Rex Ryan?

They destroyed the Texans last season. Lost by 7 vs Pats following round.

Andy Reid is a heck of a HC..his career winning % is ridiculous. You can argue he's missing the hardware though..

oops you're right

He's an awful game day coach and has done nothing post-season since Mcnabb and he parted..

They destroyed the Texans last season. Lost by 7 vs Pats following round.

Andy Reid is a heck of a HC..his career winning % is ridiculous. You can argue he's missing the hardware though..

Career winning percentage = .597

Rex = .483

oops you're right

He's an awful game day coach and has done nothing post-season since Mcnabb and he parted..

Say what you will, but Andy Reid took a 2-14 KC team and made them an 11-5 playoff team the very next season.

Career winning percentage = .597

Rex = .483

I like Rex - he's easy to like. But the differences between talent on NFL rosters is really minimal in my opinion (with the exception of a few QB's). It's amazing how different the Bills and Chiefs have been since 2013 with similar talent (Rex has only been the HC since 2015 so the comparison isn't so much directly to him, rather organizations).

Say what you will, but Andy Reid took a 2-14 KC team and made them an 11-5 playoff team the very next season.

I like Rex - he's easy to like. But the differences between talent on NFL rosters is really minimal in my opinion (with the exception of a few QB's). It's amazing how different the Bills and Chiefs have been since 2013 with similar talent (Rex has only been the HC since 2015 so the comparison isn't so much directly to him, rather organizations).

No--in that season he took a 9-0 team and steered in straight into a wall-- finishing 2-5. And, as if that was not enough, he then took a 31-10 playoff blowout and made it into an epic playoff choke loss.

He sucks.

No--in that season he took a 9-0 team and steered in straight into a wall-- finishing 2-5. And, as if that was not enough, he then took a 31-10 playoff blowout and made it into an epic playoff choke loss.

He sucks.

He also took last year's team with a 1-5 start to the playoffs and won a playoff game. If he sucks, what does that make fat ass big mouth Rex? Those two playoff runs his first two years are a long long time ago. I'd say the statute of limitations has rendered them moot.

He also took last year's team with a 1-5 start to the playoffs and won a playoff game. If he sucks, what does that make fat ass big mouth Rex? Those two playoff runs his first two years are a long long time ago. I'd say the statute of limitations has rendered them moot.

Playoff runs?? lol.

Rex sucks too.

I think part of the Chiefs success has come down to their ridiculously good record vs teams that are less than .500. The w/l ratio was insane (I'll try and find the stat). We cant consistently beat the average/bad teams. I feel that comes down to coaching and fundamentals.