The Buffalo News screws up again

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I majored in history. accuracy counts. sadly, as this article shows, most publishers and editors do not. they're in too much of a hurry and too eager chasing dollars.

Well, now that you work in sales, I'm sure you sometimes quote the wrong price. Mistakes happen.

Edited by stony

well, I majored in history. accuracy counts. sadly, as this article shows, most publishers and editors do not. they're in too much of a hurry and too eager chasing dollars.

Okay, you obviously have no idea what really goes on at newspapers.

First off, the mistake was in a photo, not an article. (so much for accuracy counting.) Second, mistakes are not due to "chasing dollars" as you so blithely put it. It's due to overworked editors making crap money.

I don't know what the BN is like, other than being a union shop. But my experience (and my wife who is an editor) is that papers cut staffs to the bone because of declining revenues.

It's amazing they get as much right considering the amount of content they produce daily.

I seldom agree w/you, but when I do, I feel dirty. I need to go take a shower now.

:-P

:-)

No need to shower---just bathe in the righteousness!

Maybe you minored in Irony?

History has been written, unedited, by men for thousands of years. Nearly all of them, it can be assumed, produced "history" for the rest of us that was/is rife with error and bias.

Weak....

I cant stop laughing and i don't even live in Buffalo. If that happened here in NYC they would talk about it for a year.

It would have been on Jay Leno and all the other talk shows.

I dont even know if Jay Leno even has a talk show anymore since i dont watch them so don't crucify me.

I don't know about Leno.........But, I think Johnny Carson is going to run with this.

Seriously? They can't even get John Miller's picture right on an article about his mom passing away? :angry:

JMILL_70 ‏@bigboosie66 39m39 minutes ago

Who is that guy? Definitely not me 1f914.png

CvTiasjWcAAAnlp.jpg

IK

They are people, not robots. Besides errors have been made since newspapers were invented. That's why there are retractions,.

Very true. Especially in terms of information within a written piece. But in this instance it would be easy to go to the team website and find a picture of John Miller. Or Google him. No excuse for this one.

Edited by purple haze

Maybe those laughing at BN should detail all the paid subscriptions they have to various newspapers. Digital... Print... How many have ad blockers installed? How many paid classified ads have been run in the local paper?

Yeah. That's what I thought.

You honestly still pay for a local newspaper? There are dozens of places to get better information. If I want to read an article in the Buffalo News I can do so for free on the internet, especially Bills and Sabres stuff.

The only "subscription" I have is to Rolling Stone and The Hockey News, and I just cancelled Sports Illustrated after probably 20 years.

(And nobody uses the classifieds anymore when there are things like Craigslist and eBay.)

This could not be more wrong. Just as in Buffalo, it's likely that 90% of the readers blow right past that top of the page teaser picture and kept on reading.

Only people who have to keep railing on the local press need to believe this...

Yeah cuz you know the people of nyc better than a person that's born and raised here. Get outta here with your ideas dude.

What really gets me aggrevated is the "this could not be more wrong" comment. Like if we talking mathematics over here or something. Go entertain yourself somehow man.

I mean please. Just leave dude.

I don't know about Leno.........But, I think Johnny Carson is going to run with this.

Dont really get the joke. Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC