Doug Whaley

Watkins101

Let's look at what Doug Whaley had done as far as getting vets that preform well:

Lesean McCoy, Zach Brown, Lorenzo alexander, Richie Icognito, resigned Cordy Glenn, Mike Gillislee, along with restructuring contracts to get more cap space.

Remind me why he sucks?

Whaleys been GM since May 2013... A credible GM would of had 6 SB rings by now.

Let's look at what Doug Whaley had done as far as getting vets that preform well:

Lesean McCoy, Zach Brown, Lorenzo alexander, Richie Icognito, resigned Cordy Glenn, Mike Gillislee, along with restructuring contracts to get more cap space.

Remind me why he sucks?

He overpaid someone 3 years ago. Why is this bum still here?

For some strange reason he gets no credit. The bills ranked high in the draft in terms of grades this year and every line i saw was "this is Rexs" Draft.

I personally think he has done an outstanding job at assembling talent for this team via free agency and the draft. He will get knocked for QB as he should. I am not a huge Tyrod Taylor fan myself but he is performing well. What he lacks in the passing game he makes up with his legs.

IN one of Rex's pressers he was talking about Lorenzo. Rex was high on him but lost track of him at some point. Doug found him brought him to Rex's attention and now we have the league leader in sacks.

Whaley has done a great job of getting people in to contribute. Yes he deserves credit, and like any GM he's going to miss on a couple guys from time to time. Overall, he's been solid. He's a keeper. Granted TT is not Brady but he's getting the job done. That's all he's being asked to do.

There are some misses on DW's resume but this roster has very small holes in it when compared to most in the NFL. It would be nice to have more talent at WR but not too many teams would be able to overcome the loss of Dareus, Lawson, and Ragland before the first week of the season and still be playing at a high level.

This team is two breaks from being undefeated. That's pretty cool.

Let's wait and see. I am very excited about this team, and encouraged on a few fronts.

However, while I do subscribe to a 'win is a win' mentality... there are qualifiers for each one of these wins so far.

If this team gets to 5-2 next week, again we will be at a fever pitch and get to hear Dareus says "aint nobody likes the Patriots" again... it'll be exciting.... but will Brady and co. once again slap the Bills to the ground? If not.... look out. They'll be the sweethearts of the NFL... But if they do again get shut down by the Pats, start to struggle in the tough portion of the schedule, the Bills will largely still be considered in Neutral. Say they go 8-8, we are talking about a 4-6 or 3-6 finish. That will be disappointing.

I have been a big "consultant" guy, still am. But even if this team gets to 8-8, I'm fine with keeping everything intact for another season.

Disagree on 8-8. That means they finish the season 4-6, and that would be totally unacceptable. 10-6 but missing the playoffs on a tiebreaker? I think there'd be enough good will generated for another year.

Right now though, I'm very happy with everyone in the organization. 4-game winning streak? Absolutely no reason to rant, great job everyone, keep it up.

We're just a top 10 QB away from being an elite team, not sure how we can get rid of Whaley for building such a strong squad, but lacking a QB... which lets face it, if good QBs were easy to find, there wouldn't only be a handful in the league.