Football Outsiders Updated Playoff Odds

Chuck Wagon

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/17773282/playoff-odds-predictions-all-32-nfl-teams-2016-nfl-playoffs

5. Buffalo Bills (3-2)

Odds of making playoffs: 58.3 percent

With three straight wins, the Bills' playoff odds have climbed from 14.8 percent to 58.3 percent, and they now rank in the top 10 of our DVOA ratings. The rematch with the Patriots in three weeks will be hugely important; the Bills win the AFC East in 58 percent of simulations in which they win that game.

(Not sure what I can post from behind the paywall, please delete if I broke a rule)

Pro Football Outsider's updated playoff odds from ESPN. Baltimore is the "first wild card team out" at 42% odds while KC is next at 39.5% odds.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/17773282/playoff-odds-predictions-all-32-nfl-teams-2016-nfl-playoffs

5. Buffalo Bills (3-2)

Odds of making playoffs: 58.3 percent

With three straight wins, the Bills' playoff odds have climbed from 14.8 percent to 58.3 percent, and they now rank in the top 10 of our DVOA ratings. The rematch with the Patriots in three weeks will be hugely important; the Bills win the AFC East in 58 percent of simulations in which they win that game.

(Not sure what I can post from behind the paywall, please delete if I broke a rule)

Pro Football Outsider's updated playoff odds from ESPN. Baltimore is the "first wild card team out" at 42% odds while KC is next at 39.5% odds.

I've done it before here. I think you're good with just the Bills snippet as long as it's not the vast majority of the article?

Win the next 2 games.... Then 1 of the next 3 and its definitely doable.

There is not point of conversation if we don't win the next two. But if we do, the Bengals and Raiders games might be the games of the season. We are already down the head to head tie breaker with Baltimore, we can't afford to be down that with Oakland and/or Cincy as well. Win the next two, then 3 of 4 against the Browns / Jags / Dolphins / Jets and it's 8 wins, 9 with the right tie breaker should put us solidly in the conversation.

Bills also have the 29th ranked schedule, meaning its the 4th easiest schedule in the NFL at this point....so much for all the people saying how our schedule was so hard before the season...what I keep telling people every year...you never know how a team is going to be from year to year.

Bills also have the 29th ranked schedule, meaning its the 4th easiest schedule in the NFL at this point....so much for all the people saying how our schedule was so hard before the season...what I keep telling people every year...you never know how a team is going to be from year to year.

Is that ranking of the schedule based on this years performance or last years? I thought they were based on the previous years performances, which is why I have never put much stock in the ranking of schedules. It's like saying I will get an A in math this year because I got one last year. (Not that I EVER got an A in math. LOL!!)