Medical/Training staff needs to be held accountable or FIRED

Alphadawg7

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how exactly is the training staff supposed to know his hamstring is bad if the player says he's fine and can go? Is there some device out there they stick into his leg and determine the hamstring is still injured? If a player is recovering fro ma broken bone or something, you could X-ray it and determine if still cracked but don't think there's any way to gauge something like a hamstring other than what the player tells you. In the case of a vet, in most cases you're going to give the benefit to the player. If he says he's fine, you let him play. Are players the best judge in that situation probably not, but that's the way life in the NFL works.

As to the original theme of this tread and blaming the Bills training staff, was listening this morning on Mike & Mike and they were saying how it seems there are so many injuries league wide and they were blaming alot of that on the new CBA and it's limited practice time.

Didn't the Bills training staff just win some award maybe two years ago for having the top training staff in the league?? Not saying they are great or anything, but kind of ironic that they now should be fired.

How about the training staff giving Shady the ok to play this Sunday or giving Dareus the ok to practice off a long layoff??

I'm sure I missed it and you are correct, but can you give me a link where the "medical staff" gave an interview about drafting Shaq? I would love to read an interview where healthcare workers publicly give their medical opinions about one of their patients.

That would be HIPAA-critical. :)

So how exactly is the training staff supposed to know his hamstring is bad if the player says he's fine and can go? Is there some device out there they stick into his leg and determine the hamstring is still injured? If a player is recovering fro ma broken bone or something, you could X-ray it and determine if still cracked but don't think there's any way to gauge something like a hamstring other than what the player tells you. In the case of a vet, in most cases you're going to give the benefit to the player. If he says he's fine, you let him play. Are players the best judge in that situation probably not, but that's the way life in the NFL works.

As to the original theme of this tread and blaming the Bills training staff, was listening this morning on Mike & Mike and they were saying how it seems there are so many injuries league wide and they were blaming alot of that on the new CBA and it's limited practice time.

Didn't the Bills training staff just win some award maybe two years ago for having the top training staff in the league?? Not saying they are great or anything, but kind of ironic that they now should be fired.

Exactly. This isn't like playing RG3 on a knee with ligament damage. There's really no way to assess ability to play other than the player's own reports.

That would be HIPAA-critical. :)

Good one. I mean, for those of us who appreciate bureaucracy puns.

I don't know, I do have questions regarding Sammy and if he came back too early or if it was a bad surgery. Sure didn't help getting stepped on in practice. Speaking of practice, we lost our two best players in practice to hamstring injuries. If there's anything I question it's that. Are these guys not stretching properly or keeping hydrated? I mean seriously, back to back weeks we lose our best players to pulled hamstrings at practice. When was the last time you heard of this happening?

I don't know, I do have questions regarding Sammy and if he came back too early or if it was a bad surgery. Sure didn't help getting stepped on in practice. Speaking of practice, we lost our two best players in practice to hamstring injuries. If there's anything I question it's that. Are these guys not stretching properly or keeping hydrated? I mean seriously, back to back weeks we lose our best players to pulled hamstrings at practice. When was the last time you heard of this happening?

Didn't Gronk hurt his hammy in practice, if memory serves.?.. . I know it was not a hammy for Bridgewater, but definitely in practice. Heck , how about Eichel( different sport, I know) . Sucks, but guys get hurt all the time. Even in practice. Tunsil missed a game for MIA earlier this season because he got hurt in pre game warmups.

Didn't Gronk hurt his hammy in practice, if memory serves.?.. . I know it was not a hammy for Bridgewater, but definitely in practice. Heck , how about Eichel( different sport, I know) . Sucks, but guys get hurt all the time. Even in practice. Tunsil missed a game for MIA earlier this season because he got hurt in pre game warmups.

Not sure when Gronk got hurt. I understand injuries in training camp/pre-season. That happens all the time. Guys are getting in football shape to get ready for regular season and they are in full pads, live drills, etc. But I don't recall many injuries happening in practice while the season is in full swing. Maybe I'm wrong, just know I never worried about injuries at practice during the season and now I do. This year, we had our 2 best players go down. Sammy also seemed like he could deal with the foot issue until he got stepped on in practice, but that was more of a fluke thing and don't think you can blame anyone for something like that.