We needed it but it may bite us

4merper4mer

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! Classic thread. :thumbsup:

I can't believe this is still going. It hasn't stopped. This will be one stories are told of

obvious troll is obvious.

no its not. This is the poster who wanted us to draft jay clocker.

Who said to draft Andrew luck before he declared during his senior year then lay claim to him after the collegiate season.

This is amongst our finest troll and he gets so many to bite

Against NFC teams it is still bad for tiebreakers. We are 3-0 vs. the NFC this year. At this point we might as well just go 4-0 as we are n bad tiebreaker shape no matter what at this point.

we will win the NFC west! Edited by Boyst62

I think that the OP, whoever it waz, is just older than a lot of people posting on this thread. He remembers when the Bills would go 4-0 against the NFC, and then it would bite us in the azz when they would beat us in the Super Bowl..........It's just hard earned wizdom.

Doesn't any win help us get to the tiebreaker.....?

Good win yesterday for sure but the reality is that the win hurt us in terms of playoff opportunity. As much as I'd love to win the division, I don't think the Bills are there yet and even if they were I'm not sure the NFL and especially the refs would allow it. If correct, this means any hope at the playoffs is via wild card.

Yesterday's win put us at the very bottom of tie-breaker scenarios in the case of wild card opportunities. Unless we're only battling teams in our own division or one on one with a team we'll play or have played like Baltimore, then the first tie breaker involves eliminating teams that have good records against the NFC. It seems likely that we may end up there. Arizona is/was a favorite in that division and we get the Rams and 9ers later in the year. We're looking at a 3-1 record against the NFC with the probable loss coming against Seattle. I think that record will probably be too good to keep us in the hunt tie-breaker wise.