NFL Television ratings

jaybee

He's not unbiased in that regard. So it's not really a matter of his intelligence.

What does his bias have to do with his mangling of the facts?

The issue with penalties and the Seahawks are not new or news to anyone, so what is he going on about with the conspiracy stuff. Everyone knows the strategy his team employs with regard to penalties--some say it's genius.

He needs to get off his tiny soap box.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does his bias have to do with his mangling of the facts?

The issue with penalties and the Seahawks are not new or news to anyone, so what is he going on about with the conspiracy stuff. Everyone knows the strategy his team employs with regard to penalties--some say it's genius.

He needs to get off his tiny soap box.

A lot.

this would never ever reach the supreme Court. It'd be laughed at hysterically

can you imagine the Indians boards right now?

And it's not as personal as many think or believe. There are numerous personal relationships on here; I havw met many great people here I'm glad to call friends from Rich and Roger to Tom and Steve (all told ive met at least 60 folks from this board). As far as the viewing it as personal or being pissed, I think very few here get upset or attached

Every so often, everyone should take a step back and remember that we all want the same thing, but only have different paths we believe are necessary to get there. The fact that an individual is posting here through all this is a sign that they should be given a medal for being a real fan.

Yet this WS still struggled to unseat a few regular NFL primetime games.

"Nearly every game of the 2016 World Series outmatched primetime football showings over the last month."

Nice try MLB.

Putting "Amerca's Team" up against Game 5 and losing by 30%. Nice try, NFL.

It's all about the trendline, anyway

I think eventually they will figure it out... But the NFL and/or NHL will adapt a model similar to soccer.

Put ads on the screen during play. It'll be somewhat subtle/within reason, but effective. Also line the "walls" with ads, and maybe even a couple on the field (maybe digital). Then condense the game to have minimal commercial interruptions. Fit the game into a 2-hour-ish window. They can have a 12PM, 2PM, 4PM, 6PM, and 9PM games time slotted every Sunday. More eyes on more games, while attending to shorter attention spans and the adaptation of people avoiding commercials. Along with the Monday night game(s) and a Thursday night game.... Everyone can tune into 7 or 8 games per week, getting to see all the important action, as well as regional. It would probably make their television packages much more 'portable"

Interesting idea. That would be a tremendous upgrade to the television experience (and in stadium experience!)

Interesting idea. That would be a tremendous upgrade to the television experience (and in stadium experience!)

yes, 2 hour gams and they need to show more games on tv. i live in carolina so the panthers games are on and nothing on cbs opposite them...put another game on then and then 2 more in the other time slot. 3 time slots might be agressive.