New "Simplified Offense"

DirtDart

Tyrod at least has legs and a deep ball. Brock has a really slow release, and poor decision making. Gave him a big deal too. Maybe he'll get better...?

If I'm adding correctly, the contract the Texans gave Osweiler is way bigger and more committed than what the Bills gave Taylor. $21M this year, $16M next.

He did make some amazing throws but then, Hopkins made some amazing catches - made the highlight reels of OBJ look silly

In the EARLY 90s. 26 years ago. Guess what NFL changed

Well, even before the NFL changed, the gouge was that the Bills had become a tad too predictable leading to a drop in offensive production even in '92/'93

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak

Anthony Lynn says Tyrod Taylor will now wear a wristband to help simplify play-calling communication.

Wasn't he always wearing one? If not he should have been.

Have any of you guys who don't believe in a simplified offense ever played football on any level whether high school level, college or beyond? Just curious.

I played pop through HS. Started at various positions. Played WR/DB. Edited by DirtDart

Except that they did try to keep him and when he left they were in full on panic mode. Its not like the Broncos made a cool calm a collected decision to cut ties with Brock and move on. They wanted him back. If they had gotten their way, Brock would still be in Denver.

What I heard is that they wanted him back, but only at a particular cap number, precisely because they weren't willing to gamble and face scuttling their ship on a guy who may or may not pan out in the long game.

Osweiler looked massively mediocre in that game.

We keep seeing the effects of the revolving door of coaches, coordinators, and players. We draft players, then move out the coaching staffs that drafted them, the new staff cleans house and draft another group of players suited for yet another "system".

We have no identity .. we spend three years trying to establish one, then fail and start over.

Until we invest in a proper GM and a Head Coach, and stick with them, this will continue no matter who the players are.

So the new OC will speed up the offense?? Great in that this should avoid delay of game penalties and wasted time outs ... BUT ... if they do not execute the play this will put even more pressure on the defense. When I look at the recent QB play, the weakness of the offensive line, and the lack of playmakers at WR I highly doubt we will see any improvement at all.

So we shall see.

Go Bills (as usual).

I haven't read the entire thread to know if this was brought up but it struck me the other day that when Roman was brought in there was a lot of talk about how big his playbook was.

When people/press asked if it was going to be "too much" to digest the narrative was that, while big, his the plays were really just the same ones over and over but with different personnel packages and formations. This, it was claimed, would make it easy for the offense to lean the playbook (since it really wasn't that many plays) but hard for the defense to dissect (since the plays all looked different in pre-snap reads.)

So now, 18 games later the offense is "too complicated" with "too many plays?"