Todd Haley

mob16151

So,I know this thread is premature. But since we have a 90 percent chance of not making the playoffs again,I figure what the hey. So without further ado let's talk about a man who I believe should receive serious consideration for the Bills head coaching job,Todd Haley.

Todd Haley is currently the offensive coordinator of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He replaced Bruce Arians in 2012. Since taking over the Steelers he has coordinated an attack that has been in the top half of the league the last 3 years. Noticeably his passing attack has been in the top 10 the last 2 full seasons. He was also the Cardinals offensive coordinator their super bowl season. Haley was also the Head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs and had a record of 19-26. Haley also worked with Chan Gailey his first year in Kansas City. His tenure was somewhat rocky with the chiefs,from the Larry Johnson incident,to the unsportsmanlike conduct against the Jets,to getting Moeaki hurt against the Packers in the Pre season.

This leads me to my criticisms of Haley. He can be abrasive and prickly at times. He also played his starters late in a pre season game,and lost a key TE for the season,in a meaningless game. Also looking at his first coaching staff it was largely underwhelming. However his tenure in Kansas City was somewhat undermined by Piolis inability to find a QB worth a crap. This was a team that was starting Tyler Palko at one point. Haley might also be tough to lure away from Pittsburgh. He grew up in the area and his father used to be the Steelers personnel director. Haley also sat out the last round of hiring this offseason,for unkown reasons.

So what are y'alls thoughts on Haley?

Edited by mob16151

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of friends who are Steelers fans and they absolutely cannot stand him as OC. I do not think he was a good HC.

But maybe he would be good 2nd time around. No idea.

My family is Steelers fans and say the same thing,and I've always been look at the offensive numbers. His offenses have trended up especially in passing yards since he took over.

Antonio Brown, Big Ben and Leveon Bell will make any OC look good.

Arians had a lot of weapons as well,and Haleys gotten more production. Plus outside of Pouncey and DeCastro,there offensive line sucks.

My family is Steelers fans and say the same thing,and I've always been look at the offensive numbers. His offenses have trended up especially in passing yards since he took over.

Arians had a lot of weapons as well,and Haleys gotten more production. Plus outside of Pouncey and DeCastro,there offensive line sucks.

they say that (and I agree when I watch their games) he always tries to get cute when it's not necessary. Doesn't stick with what is working, instead wants to show he is smarter than everyone else and will run like a WR pass to a RB in the end zone zone or something and then it doesn't work and they have to settle for 3.

They were really hoping some team would hire him away last year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hmmm.

Maybe it is time we went with a Not players coach. Hold people accountable for real this time.

I dont care if he's douchy. I want to win.

he doesn't appear to hold his players accountable.

I know this is going to sound really weird, and probably off topic... But I met someone who currently babysits for him... He has a cottage (I think that's what the yuppies call a camp) in the Jamestown area... According to this person he's an arrogant pretentious !@#$.... But pays well...

http://www.businessinsider.com/todd-haley-house-photos-2013-10

I know this is going to sound really weird, and probably off topic... But I met someone who currently babysits for him... He has a cottage (I think that's what the yuppies call a camp) in the Jamestown area... According to this person he's an arrogant pretentious !@#$.... But pays well...

That is random lol,but at least he pays well.

Yea, douche and disciplined are not the same thing.

What players has he not held accountable? If your talking about things like the Bell suspension,I don't really see what he was supposed to do about that. And from what I heard he was one of the key guys behind Blount getting cut.

What players has he not held accountable? If your talking about things like the Bell suspension,I don't really see what he was supposed to do about that. And from what I heard he was one of the key guys behind Blount getting cut.

martavis Bryant. And it's suspensions, plural, for both.

To be fair, I was reading it as sentiment that he was disliked because he was of high expectations and firm in them.... he's disliked because he loses control of his own emotions.

I have a lot of friends who are Steelers fans and they absolutely cannot stand him as OC. I do not think he was a good HC.

But maybe he would be good 2nd time around. No idea.

I've heard Steeler fans really didn't like Bruce Arians either. Might not mean much but it's possible they are hard to please.