NFL Maps: 2016 Week 3

26CornerBlitz

Thanks. I hate to start chaos, but I can't bite my tongue. Formally living in the Syracuse area, I always got a laugh out of hearing how brilliantly Russ Brandon "regionalized" this team. Every single time the Bills and Giants both play at the same time on Fox, Fox Syracuse has always picked the Giants game. Jersey is farther from Syracuse than Buffalo, yet it is strongly Giants country.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

No one wants to see us get killed.

Understandable, just saying if Syracuse was Bills country as the "regionalization" attempted they wouldn't be showing the Giants game. I know plenty of people in Rochester who'd rather not see the Bills get destroyed every week. It's just something you're stuck with when you are truly part of the teams region. Syracuse is definitely not Bills country as some claim. My only question pertains to the green streak east of Syracuse. Does that mean Utica Fox is randomly showing the Bills game?

there you go. CNY should be Bills territory if they were a halfway decent team. It seems to have eroded a great deal over the years and a lot of Jets fans since they had their camp in Cortland for awhile.

Did the Jets leave Cortland a while ago? I do agree with you about the winning issue. I don't ever think CNY will be real Bills territory though. In reality the only true Bills territory that has ever existed and will exist is WNY. Winning would just mean more people in CNY jumping on the bandwagon. I think people all over the country would jump on the Bills bandwagon if we started winning. I have always believed winning is the best marketing. Eventually all the smoke and mirrors used to sell your product will fade if you're not offering a decent product.

What did that small pocket of people in the mid-west(parts of oklahoma, kansas and missouri) do to deserve getting the Bills game?

Random pockets like that, I have found, usually have something to do with the origins of a player in the game, like his hometown or where he went to college. For instance, when we lived in NC, we used to get Chargers games all the time, early in Philip Rivers' career, because he played his college ball at NC State.

Edit: Mystery solved. That random midwestern market carrying the game is the Fayetteville, AR media market, home of the Arkansas Razorbacks. Jonathan Williams went to Arkansas.

Edited by jimmy10

FOX in Syracuse is a NFC network. That's why they don't broadcast the AFC Buffalo Bills games.

The CBS television channel in Syracuse is part of the Buffalo Bills broadcasting network.

Syracuse.com ran a poll last year as to which is the favorite NFL team for the Syracuse area NFL fans. The Bills beat the Giants by 17 points in the poll.

When the Buffalo Bills suck, everyone in Syracuse deny any knowledge of the Buffalo Bills. When the Buffalo Bills are good everyone in Syracuse jumps on the bandwagon. Everyone.

<_<

it (Syracuse) is strongly Giants country.

No.

Syracuse NFL fans overwhelmingly support the Buffalo Bills.

But when the Buffalo Bills management puts a lousy product on the field, the Buffalo Bills fans in Syracuse are smart enough to look elsewhere until the Buffalo Bills management put a good product on the field. Perhaps Bills fans in Buffalo, Rochester, etc should do the same.

Currently on the Time Warner guide in Syracuse, they are showing the Giants on the Fox HD channel and the Bills on the non-HD Fox channel. It would be nice if it is shown here.

I have a feeling it will not be shown here.

The non-HD Fox channel that I get (WFXV 33) here near Syracuse is out of Utica so I guess the game will be on here. I live a bit east of Syracuse in Madison County so I think my service originates in Oneida. Not sure if those in the Syracuse city limits will get the game on Time Warner?

The comments by the general manager of the Syracuse Fox station (in the Brent Axe article on syracuse.com) surprised me. He implies he could pick the Bills if he thought there was more interest. Perhaps something changed with the new CBS/FOX arrangement of last year but as a lifelong Syracuse Bills fan I can say it always appeared to be a blanket policy to show the Giants on Fox if there was a conflict.

FYI - This situation will arise again on Nov 20 when the Bills play the Bengals (http://506sports.com/nfl/)

No.

Syracuse NFL fans overwhelmingly support the Buffalo Bills.

But when the Buffalo Bills management puts a lousy product on the field, the Buffalo Bills fans in Syracuse are smart enough to look elsewhere until the Buffalo Bills management put a good product on the field. Perhaps Bills fans in Buffalo, Rochester, etc should do the same.

I just want to get this straight -- not being from Syracuse. What you're saying is that if I were smart like a Syracuse resident then I would be a fair weather fan? And if I want to be smart like a Syracuse resident, then I should also be a fair weather fan?