I was wrong, and I don't mind saying it..

D521646

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't know which game the defense played well in and which it did not?

I gauge games on both sides of the ball, points scored, and who won. The bills could not beat a putrid ravens team. but it was a "very good game" i just have to disagree here. aside from jerry hughes there was nothing good about that game.

You really should stick to comedy posts. But I'll indulge you. What is Rex's defense? Specifically, what is it for every down and distance and offensive look? People like to use the term "46", but that really shows a lack of critical thinking vis a vis what the offense is dictating.

I get that his defense sucked last year and is sucking worse this year, but I'm not prepared to say it's because of the "46" when things appear otherwise. Especially when other teams are having very good results with 46 elements. Unless, of course the Panthers and Rams suck as badly as we do on defense.

**Crickets** as expected.

**Crickets** as expected.

It is clearly easily beaten week in and week out. Is it hard to see that?

If I say a Model T Ford will never win Indy are you going to jump up and ask me to point out the the specific flaws in the transmission that prove it?

Geez dude every single friggin play worked on Thursday.

If I say a Model T Ford will never win Indy are you going to jump up and ask me to point out the the specific flaws in the transmission that prove it?

Tired analogies don't disguise that fact that you don't know anything about Football or Hockey for that matter. Delete your account.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

People, the season just started. The Bills will get Dareus, Sh. Lawson, S. Henderson, and M. Easley back very soon. Help is on the way.

Help is on the way. Next year with a new head coach.

Until a new coaching staff is in place, the suffering will continue.

Yes, the defense was beaten. But in all the Jet big plays I've reviewed, including all of the Cover1 plays, aside from man coverage on the corners, I didn't see elements of the 46 being used. Or are you going to insist that all man coverage is the 46 defense? And at least one big play occurred with our secondary playing a zone concept.

Again, our defense sucked last year and sucked last Thursday. But to simply say it's because Ryan is using the "antiquated 46 defense" is incorrect. It's a personnel issue more than anything else at the moment.

Edited by K-9

Yes, the defense was beaten. But in all the Jet big plays I've reviewed, including all of the Cover1 plays, aside from man coverage on the corners, I didn't see elements of the 46 being used. Or are you going to insist that all man coverage is the 46 defense? And at least one big play occurred with our secondary playing a zone concept.

Again, our defense sucked last year and sucked last Thursday. But to simply say it's because Ryan is using the "antiquated 46 defense" is incorrect. It's a personnel issue more than anything else at the moment.

I never ever ever said that Rex is using "an antiquated 46 defense". Don't start making up crap. I have said that whatever defense he is using is antiquated. It gets beaten over and over and over. That is not a trend that will turn itself around. Seemingly every team in the league knows how to beat it, We drafted a slow "throwback" linebacker that everyone passed on. Why? Because today's defenses can't use guys like that. There are huge receivers everywhere in the league and we have relatively small corners isolated on them. We had one of the best pass rushers of the last decade and made sure he didn't tackle the QB. The system is antiquated and just because Thursday was 5 days ago doesn't mean it will work on Sunday.

I never ever ever said that Rex is using "an antiquated 46 defense". Don't start making up crap. I have said that whatever defense he is using is antiquated. It gets beaten over and over and over. That is not a trend that will turn itself around. Seemingly every team in the league knows how to beat it, We drafted a slow "throwback" linebacker that everyone passed on. Why? Because today's defenses can't use guys like that. There are huge receivers everywhere in the league and we have relatively small corners isolated on them. We had one of the best pass rushers of the last decade and made sure he didn't tackle the QB. The system is antiquated and just because Thursday was 5 days ago doesn't mean it will work on Sunday.

Well, the OP certainly did and it was when I refuted his position that you chimed in with the old "Model T" analogy. That's not be making crap up so much as you now deciding to move the goalposts.

Whatever defense he uses is indeed getting beaten over and over and over. That doesn't mean it's antiquated or is every defense that gets beaten over and over and over also antiquated?

Stick to the comedy.

Let me say congrats on admitting your mistaken predictions. I too must also apologize, for being too right. If you are too right on this board you will be banned. It often takes an extra year for most here to see what I see and then becomes the most commonly cliche thing to say.

I said after 2 games last year that TT just throws deep or to the sideline and wasnt using the middle. It wasnt til the off-season it suddenly became the most common criticism of his play.

I said Mario should be cut after about 3 games in last year and got flamed hard.

I said Rex is just plain dumb and his team plays dumb and out of control evidenced by ridiculous 15 yard penalties and bad clock management.( no one argued this but I saw it week 2)

I said we shouldnt have let fitz go, well he cant throw deep but he wins 10-11 games a year and tore us apart last thurs with the MIDDLE range throws down the MIDDLE of the field. Now one EJ and TT later how are we looking at QB?

I said from the get go that Watkins looked tentative and was dropping balls thrown in traffic since his rookie year. Has that changed?

I said that trading for shady would end up costing us 5 players and that he wasnt worth even losing Kiko, well it worked out that Shady cost us Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown (and his 4rth rounder we traded away), Kiko, and would have cost us Glenn had we not found Mario suddenly expendable, but thats still 5 and his contract still may cost us Gilmore. This was before I knew he was a psycho, and all hes been doing is losing yards on first down lately. All Kiko did Sunday was make 7 tackles, recover a fumble, and knock Garapalo out of the game when it was 24-0 giving the fish a chance to come back.

I was banned for that and each of the opinions I posted above. I guess I should just post the opposite of what I think and make everyone happy then ill apologize a year later when im "wrong"

Ban him again.

Let me say congrats on admitting your mistaken predictions. I too must also apologize, for being too right. If you are too right on this board you will be banned. It often takes an extra year for most here to see what I see and then becomes the most commonly cliche thing to say.

I said after 2 games last year that TT just throws deep or to the sideline and wasnt using the middle. It wasnt til the off-season it suddenly became the most common criticism of his play.

I said Mario should be cut after about 3 games in last year and got flamed hard.

I said Rex is just plain dumb and his team plays dumb and out of control evidenced by ridiculous 15 yard penalties and bad clock management.( no one argued this but I saw it week 2)

I said we shouldnt have let fitz go, well he cant throw deep but he wins 10-11 games a year and tore us apart last thurs with the MIDDLE range throws down the MIDDLE of the field. Now one EJ and TT later how are we looking at QB?

I said from the get go that Watkins looked tentative and was dropping balls thrown in traffic since his rookie year. Has that changed?

I said that trading for shady would end up costing us 5 players and that he wasnt worth even losing Kiko, well it worked out that Shady cost us Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown (and his 4rth rounder we traded away), Kiko, and would have cost us Glenn had we not found Mario suddenly expendable, but thats still 5 and his contract still may cost us Gilmore. This was before I knew he was a psycho, and all hes been doing is losing yards on first down lately. All Kiko did Sunday was make 7 tackles, recover a fumble, and knock Garapalo out of the game when it was 24-0 giving the fish a chance to come back.

I was banned for that and each of the opinions I posted above. I guess I should just post the opposite of what I think and make everyone happy then ill apologize a year later when im "wrong"

It's stuff like this that keeps me coming back. Self infatuation much?