Mike Rodak is an idiot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true however Pats still have 2 games to play with QB3

Jimmy G isn't ruled out for week 4. If he sits thursday which is likely I wouldn't be surprised to see him play against the Bills. Houston would be a hard win for them without Brady. The Pats should be able to protect their QB well enough against the Bills to let him play.

Was just on ESPN saying that the offense bounced back last night and it is really the defense :doh: . What ! a defensive TD and two bombs doesn't make a good offense. the D is bad but the O is worse.

I don't think he watched the game. Or maybe he watched it with a beer bong? But ESPN should have enough staff to have someone sober watch and give him a synopsis.

Or Rodak should be able to look at a box score and figure things out. 2:1 TOP mismatch, almost 2:1 on 1st downs, and 2:1 on 3rd down conversions do not tell the tale of a healthy O

Jimmy G isn't ruled out for week 4. If he sits thursday which is likely I wouldn't be surprised to see him play against the Bills. Houston would be a hard win for them without Brady. The Pats should be able to protect their QB well enough against the Bills to let him play.

How long is Gronk out? If QB is the only position they're not playing a starter, the Patriots are still going to be tough to beat. Well, tough for most teams in the league to beat; Buffalo doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

Here is the truth about the game last night:

1. Defense was bad. To be fair, it was missing its most talented player and 3 other expected week 1 starters. It was also facing a ton of pressure having to be on the field for a ridiculous amounts of time because the offense left the field quickly in the first half from either quick score or a unsustained drives. At the same time, the scheme itself looked bad, I mean it was like the safeties were ghosts out there. Hard to say how much of that had to do from the missing personnel and getting wore out never getting off the field, but overall, the secondary was torn apart and was frequently in bad position.

All respect, Alpha, I just don't buy this line of reasoning. Scoring fast is GOOD. Blaming the O for scoring efficiently is cray-cray. See: K-Gun. The D spent 8:19 on the field before the O even touched the ball.

The D controls its own fate, always. All they have to do is get the stop and hand the ball back to the O. If the O goes 3 and out, rinse and repeat.

The D looked bad. They made Fitz look like Brees or Brady. Ain't that some sh**.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

All respect, Alpha, I just don't buy this line of reasoning. Scoring fast is GOOD. Blaming the O for scoring efficiently is cray-cray. See: K-Gun. The D spent 8:19 on the field before the O even touched the ball.

The D controls its own fate, always. All they have to do is get the stop and hand the ball back to the O. If the O goes 3 and out, rinse and repeat.

The D looked bad. They made Fitz look like Brees or Brady. Ain't that some sh**.

Scoring is good. Whether it's better to score quickly or slowly is situation dependent. But you're obviously never going to order the offense not to score one way just because the other would be preferable. Whether you score or go 3 & out, fast drives do contribute to gassing the defense.

No worries, respect your post...here is my reply.

Ok, you referenced the K-Gun offense...that defense is not this defense for one. Second, this defense is missing 4 key starters, including its best player and is super thin. Third, that defense during the K-Gun was conditioned for being on the field longer because they played with that hurry up offense for so long.

So, its not a situation where everything is equal. And I didn't blame the defensive woes only on the offense, the D was terrible and it was like we had no safeties on the field...but its also foolish to ignore how long the D was on the field. Its known facts that the D is at a disadvantage when on the field for long stretches at a time compared to the opposing offense. I mean this isn't even debatable, you can ask as many players, coaches, GMs etc as you want and you will get a 100% yes every time on that.

And it wasn't the scoring plays, it was also 3 and outs on the other drives. The D, which was very thin already, was on the filed the majority of the first half. They did not get a real break until the final drive of the half that the Bills finally sustained that took them into half time.

Sustained offensive drives kill the momentum of the opposing offense, limits their number of possessions, etc. To say the offense doesn't affect the defense just isn't factually correct. Sure the D still needs to do their job, needs to make plays, and ultimately is responsible for getting off the field. However, the offense made their job a LOT harder on Thursday and in a game where the opposing offense is red hot and tearing our D apart, our own offense needs to figure out how to make first downs and get them rest and limit how many times the opponents offense is going to get the ball.

Edited by Alphadawg7