Why no deep shots today Mr. Roman?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Badol on this one. You've got to be able to pull the trigger on basic plays whether is the first play or the 2 minute drill. If you aren't willing to go big out of the gate should the opportunity present itself, you shouldn't be out there.

That's not to say he saw it or read it right etc... Odds are it had absolutely nothing to do with being the first play of the game

If he was getting the calls late and seeing how we were snapping very late into the play clock - it is possible he didn't have time to get his pre-snap reads done and was focused on not having a delay of game. This of course presumes he can call the play correctly in the huddle and isn't wasting time getting it called and that he can read a defense pre-snap...

If he was getting the calls late and seeing how we were snapping very late into the play clock - it is possible he didn't have time to get his pre-snap reads done and was focused on not having a delay of game. This of course presumes he can call the play correctly in the huddle and isn't wasting time getting it called and that he can read a defense pre-snap...

Just re-watched the first 4 drives. On the first 2 drives (likely scripted) we were consistently at the line of scrimmage ready to go with 20 seconds on the play clock. After the first 2 drives Tyrod was just calling out the plays in the huddle with 20 seconds on the play clock.

Just re-watched the first 4 drives. On the first 2 drives (likely scripted) we were consistently at the line of scrimmage ready to go with 20 seconds on the play clock. After the first 2 drives Tyrod was just calling out the plays in the huddle with 20 seconds on the play clock.

Great Job on going back and looking! I'm sorry you had to subject yourself to that though...I'm sick of beating the "doom and gloom" drum. What's done is done and the important thing is that he answers the questions for it honestly (not throw others under the bus) and that he grows, learns and gets better (quickly).

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 1m1 minute ago

There were at least 3-4 throws that were checkdowns / easy ones that TT just plain missed on Sunday. In a low scoring game, those haunt you

Dear God...

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/775514638264000513

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 16s17 seconds ago

Roman will go back to that deep PA again later in the game w/ Goodwin at Woods spot b/c I think someone notices the far CB not dropping deep

so, do we agree? Tyrod had a bad day?

and we should move on? and by move on I mean JETS!

That's fine - Tyrod's extension is a year to year prove it.

Bring in the next guy - I'm sick of this sh-

stop. don't be so hateful.

we don't have a next guy yet.

But Bills better always be looking. as most all teams should be

Edited by 3rdand12

@billsupdates

Greg Roman takes full blame for Buffalo #Bills' offensive failure against #Ravens http://trib.al/VDfY9os

"I will definitely take the blame myself," Roman says. "I think I can do a better job putting us in positions to be successful."

"We've seen all the different blueprints," Roman says. "I just have to do a better job. Collectively, I think we all could do a better job. I think we took a look at it, we're always very honest about what happened in the game and we'll evaluate and get better from it."

In the interest of honesty, Roman agrees the deep passing game wasn't up to par. Six targets for Sammy Watkins probably isn't enough either.

"You know, we had a plan going in," Roman says. "We weren't able to get into a rhythm and take those shots when we wanted to. We got a little bit disjointed. We have to stay on the field. When we do that we're pretty darn good.