ChefJim lays down trap for spandex mafia.

BringBackFergy

Now come on I don't have a problem with bike races. My issue is with people who have no regard for cars or pedestrians. However that was still a pretty awesome stunt.

I agree, a race is a race. These dudes in their get up think everything is a race though and that is the issue.

I'll keep all this in mind the next time some SOB buzzes me at 830 on a Sunday morning. Damn near clipped me with the side view mirror doing well over 60mph on a very quiet, low traffic road out in the country.

Don't worry...you have .0045 mm of spandex fabric to protect your arms and legs.

I'll keep all this in mind the next time some SOB buzzes me at 830 on a Sunday morning. Damn near clipped me with the side view mirror doing well over 60mph on a very quiet, low traffic road out in the country.

That you were no doubt riding in the middle of...

I hate bikers on quiet country roads with no shoulder. The worst is wine country. You do realize you are one of the biggest hazards out there right?

I know you all are semi-goading me here - but, I'm not buying. I have the right to the road per the Ohio Revised Code. Let's leave it at that.

The Ohio Revised Code was revised for a reason...the bicycle lobby in OH is known as "Deals on Wheels"...they are as corrupt as any 30 year Washington DC politician. They had the Code revised in order to allow for an extra 24" of bike paths on most roads, but most bicyclists take up 36-42" thus abusing the rights afforded to them under the Code in question. Keep pushing the envelope!!

Sure you have a right to the road. However if you choose a road that is narrow with zero shoulder and twisting turns that make it impossible for cars to see you until it's too late you've likely chosen a very silly place to ride. Not saying that's where you were riding but that's what it's like in wine country.

The Ohio Revised Code was revised for a reason...the bicycle lobby in OH is known as "Deals on Wheels"...they are as corrupt as any 30 year Washington DC politician. They had the Code revised in order to allow for an extra 24" of bike paths on most roads, but most bicyclists take up 36-42" thus abusing the rights afforded to them under the Code in question. Keep pushing the envelope!!

What are you, a !@#$ing lawyer?? :doh:

4511.55 Operating bicycles and motorcycles on roadway.
(A) Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable obeying all traffic rules applicable to vehicles and exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.
(B) Persons riding bicycles or motorcycles upon a roadway shall ride not more than two abreast in a single lane, except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles or motorcycles.
© This section does not require a person operating a bicycle to ride at the edge of the roadway when it is unreasonable or unsafe to do so. Conditions that may require riding away from the edge of the roadway include when necessary to avoid fixed or moving objects, parked or moving vehicles, surface hazards, or if it otherwise is unsafe or impracticable to do so, including if the lane is too narrow for the bicycle and an overtaking vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.
(D) Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of two or more predicate motor vehicle or traffic offenses, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.
Effective Date: 01-01-2004; 09-21-2006
A) - At 830 on a Sunday morning I shouldn't have to contend with a SOB such as this. Damn near killing someone for no particular reason except for being an SOB!!
B) - I tend to scout out the routes / roads and ride early in the morning so that I minimize the potential grief for you 4 wheel operators.
C) - I ride to the extreme right of the lane as possible. Typically putting the fog line between the right handlebar and the handlebar stem. In fact, that is probably too far to the right to be easily seen. Even with three sets of blinking lights on the back of my bike.

Sure you have a right to the road. However if you choose a road that is narrow with zero shoulder and twisting turns that make it impossible for cars to see you until it's too late you've likely chosen a very silly place to ride. Not saying that's where you were riding but that's what it's like in wine country.

I've been to the upper CA wine area and would have to agree with you. There is a time / place / route. That is not it. Off season - maybe.

Edited by BuffaloBud

I've been to the upper CA wine area and would have to agree with you. There is a time / place / route. That is not it. Off season - maybe.

There is no off season. Maybe the few months we get rain but who wants to ride in the rain. Couple the craziness of it with many of the bikers are tourists out for a joy ride with several glasses of wine on the brain.

I know you all are semi-goading me here - but, I'm not buying. I have the right to the road per the Ohio Revised Code. Let's leave it at that.

The Ohio Revised Code says you have the right to the road, as far to the right as possible. THAT is how much of the road you have a right to.

But you'll have a right to a lot more of the road when a semi turns you in to street pizza.

If I ever go to California, chef will be driving us around.

That way I can watch him run bikers off the road

Oh no I'm not going to let their heirs have the satisfaction. We'll walk three abreast down the Embarcadero and watch them freak. "You mean we have to go around you?" No you !@#$stick! You need to get your !@#$ing bike off the sidewalk and on the bike lane my tax dollars paid for you pathetic twerp.

4511.55 Operating bicycles and motorcycles on roadway.
(A) Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable obeying all traffic rules applicable to vehicles and exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.
(B) Persons riding bicycles or motorcycles upon a roadway shall ride not more than two abreast in a single lane, except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles or motorcycles.
© This section does not require a person operating a bicycle to ride at the edge of the roadway when it is unreasonable or unsafe to do so. Conditions that may require riding away from the edge of the roadway include when necessary to avoid fixed or moving objects, parked or moving vehicles, surface hazards, or if it otherwise is unsafe or impracticable to do so, including if the lane is too narrow for the bicycle and an overtaking vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.
(D) Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of two or more predicate motor vehicle or traffic offenses, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.
Effective Date: 01-01-2004; 09-21-2006
A) - At 830 on a Sunday morning I shouldn't have to contend with a SOB such as this. Damn near killing someone for no particular reason except for being an SOB!!
B) - I tend to scout out the routes / roads and ride early in the morning so that I minimize the potential grief for you 4 wheel operators.
C) - I ride to the extreme right of the lane as possible. Typically putting the fog line between the right handlebar and the handlebar stem. In fact, that is probably too far to the right to be easily seen. Even with three sets of blinking lights on the back of my bike.

Red part does not happen. I didn't bother to read the rest.