A look at Aaron Williams and the concussion protocol

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was way off.... I thought when someone said to hit em up, they wanted me to contact them via mobile device.... Ugh- that explains a lot, hahaha

You realize that is old school?

: )

Hit em up means take the money and let them know it was you

rugby style tackling.

Yep i would like to go back to the clean tackling forms. I saw Leodis do it last year. It was a thing of beauty.

actually L Alexander did it when sacking. But got called for RTP. It was all about not buckling the knees, but sweeping them out with his hands.

You realize that is old school?

: )

Hit em up means take the money and let them know it was you

Yep i would like to go back to the clean tackling forms. I saw Leodis do it last year. It was a thing of beauty.

actually L Alexander did it when sacking. But got called for RTP. It was all about not buckling the knees, but sweeping them out with his hands.

Geez guys... I sure am tripping lately. I better get my shiznit straight or my dawgs will have beef with me.... Yo...

I'm not sure of its diet or captivity levels- but I have photographic evidence that he tenderizes them from the inside out.... While they are alive....

well, i think we have learned a little bit about the farming culture in the Carolinas as it lives and breathes .

I am a tolerant man. so..

Moonshine and corn liquor can have an affect on a mans sensibilities at times. but if the end product grills up fine? then who am i to question the method?

I sure do like a good BBq

i have my own preferences of how to take care of my meat.

Now that we have fully tilted the table...

Love this exchange from AW's press conference yesterday after practice; anyone who doesn't think Ed Reed is a huge addition is foolish:

Q: Ed Reed talked about longevity in this league and playing with your head up, have you taken those words to heart and successfully incorporated that into your game?

A: Did I take those words to heart? I mean it’s coming from a Hall of Famer so I hope and pray to God that I’m listening but he watched me over the offseason and this was before we talked when we came together when I came back and he said, “We got to change your game. You like to hit too many times for unnecessary reasons,” but I never knew that. I only knew one way to play and that was to stop the person that had the ball no matter what the repercussions are. Now that I’ve gotten with Ed and we’ve studied how I play and I study how he played, it helps out to know how to play smart and not to just play all-out, full-speed ahead at all times. You have to be careful during certain situations.

Edited by eball

Love this exchange from AW's press conference yesterday after practice; anyone who doesn't think Ed Reed is a huge addition is foolish:

Q: Ed Reed talked about longevity in this league and playing with your head up, have you taken those words to heart and successfully incorporated that into your game?

A: Did I take those words to heart? I mean its coming from a Hall of Famer so I hope and pray to God that Im listening but he watched me over the offseason and this was before we talked when we came together when I came back and he said, We got to change your game. You like to hit too many times for unnecessary reasons, but I never knew that. I only knew one way to play and that was to stop the person that had the ball no matter what the repercussions are. Now that Ive gotten with Ed and weve studied how I play and I study how he played, it helps out to know how to play smart and not to just play all-out, full-speed ahead at all times. You have to be careful during certain situations.

Let me translate this:

"Hey guys, I'm not gonna be playing as hard, in fact I might look like I'm giving the same effort Mario did last year.... But it's on the advice of a Hall of Famer.... So.... No my call"

rugby style tackling.

Exactly. When I was a wrestler 100 years ago, you learn quickly how to take people down without slamming them to the mat or using your head. I was heavily recruited for rugby in college, but declined because I was getting very good at powerlifting and didn't want to blow out a knee. In watching those guys, rugby tackling totally makes sense.

If he decides to keep playing, he better learn from Ed Reed. I really like the article that came out this morning where Reed studied all of AW's tape and pointed out he was trying too much to decapitate people. He needs to play smarter.

At the end of the day, it's his choice. Thank god we kept 6 Safeties.

Exactly. When I was a wrestler 100 years ago, you learn quickly how to take people down without slamming them to the mat or using your head. I was heavily recruited for rugby in college, but declined because I was getting very good at powerlifting and didn't want to blow out a knee. In watching those guys, rugby tackling totally makes sense.

If he decides to keep playing, he better learn from Ed Reed. I really like the article that came out this morning where Reed studied all of AW's tape and pointed out he was trying too much to decapitate people. He needs to play smarter.

At the end of the day, it's his choice. Thank god we kept 6 Safeties.

article on SBNation about rugby style tackling today. Buckeyes teach/utilize it too (since 2014).

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/6/12341916/nfl-rugby-tackling-concussions-seahawks-falcons

Edited by YoloinOhio