Gonna suck for the few players who make the 53 man roster...

Big Turk

And then get cut 2 or 3 days later when their team picks up players from other teams who have gotten cut and then releases them....happens every year, and it must be the ultimate kick in the gut after the high of making the roster when you've poured blood, sweat and tears into it for the entire offseason, training camp and pre-season....

Go from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows all within 48-72 hours...

So who are the few players on the Bills roster that get whacked after initially making the roster this year from the Bills signing a player once other teams make their cuts?

I'm betting Nick O'Leary is one of them....

Out of the millions of high school players, only 6% play college ball. Less than 1% of that 6% are good enough to play pro. Of that 1% there's only 53 spots per team. Basically you have a better shot at winning the lottery than being an NFL player. There are going to be over 700 guys today that will be told they aren't good enough and to find a new job. Crazy to think about it like that!

You're right. But it's part of the game. No vets will be cut after Wk 1 'cause their entire salary is guaranteed. The young'uns know there's liable to be subject to a roster move, or two, or three.

O'Leary, Gronk

I think both those guys have made it, but I wouldn't get too comfortable if I was Ryan Groy right now.

why do yu keep saying that

Cuz it's true.

FB is a wasted position in the modern NFL. people drone incessantly about it being a QB driven league. FB ain't a QB's weapon anymore. Goodwin is a serious deep threat and has shown huge flashes of improvement this season but he will get hurt. Boykin is solid and a teammate of TT at VT - all time VT receiver along with TT throwing.

Quintessential smart, big strong possession receiver, heck, he's much more like Gronksr !! should have held on to him and cut mini Gronk on PS - JMHO.

Edited by moshermw

Cuz it's true.

FB is a wasted position in the modern NFL. people drone incessantly about it being a QB driven league. FB ain't a QB's weapon anymore. Goodwin is a serious deep threat and has shown huge flashes of improvement this season but he will get hurt. Boykin is solid and a teammate of TT at VT - all time VT receiver along with TT throwing.

Quintessential smart, big strong possession receiver, heck, he's much more like Gronksr !! should have held on to him and cut mini Gronk on PS - JMHO.

hey if boykin had shown anything u are describing i would be with u....he has not

baby gronk is not a fb,,,,,he is a h back who plays st which is prob deciding factor

hey if boykin had shown anything u are describing i would be with u....he has not

baby gronk is not a fb,,,,,he is a h back who plays st which is prob deciding factor

I promise you will never see Gronk do this:

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-Cardale-Jones-finds-Jarrett-Boykin-for-4-yard-TD-as-time-expires/da476193-e2f4-442a-ad74-ea49cc725737

Catch a pass over the middle? Really?

one handed - off handed - rifled from Cardale (or TT or EJ). Nope.

And he spins free away from traffic/coverage like a Basketball player moving without the to get open before it's thrown.

Natural playmaker. Gronk is a hack,

one handed - off handed - rifled from Cardale (or TT or EJ). Nope.

And he spins free away from traffic/coverage like a Basketball player moving without the to get open before it's thrown.

Natural playmaker. Gronk is a hack,

Yes...he is such a playmaker that he did virtually nothing....not in camp.....not in the pre season games

Look I get it....you are a fan of Boynkin.........I was a fan of Little

But what is done is done.....catching a pass over the middle is not that great of a feat

Yes...he is such a playmaker that he did virtually nothing....not in camp.....not in the pre season games

Look I get it....you are a fan of Boynkin.........I was a fan of Little

But what is done is done.....catching a pass over the middle is not that great of a feat

And Gronk did exactly what in Crunch time ?

OK, fair enough - both Little and Boykin will be a phonecall away if needed later.

That all said, I thought LB Biermann should be ahead of either WR - very thin there and that dude looked pretty good to me.

And Gronk did exactly what in Crunch time ?

OK, fair enough - both Little and Boykin will be a phonecall away if needed later.

That all said, I thought LB Biermann should be ahead of either WR - very thin there and that dude looked pretty good to me.

I dont know if I could be any more dissapointed in Biermann..........for a vet guy u think he would have played better....a LB traded for the day before the game came in and outplayed him.

I tend to agree.

Gronk making the team is a real nice marketing ploy. I'm sure the jerseys are up on the BB website already.

Gronk could end up not being on the the team come week 1....they might be looking form someone with more experience...

Did Marquez Grey end up making his team?