Pure Genius: Patriots Acquire Mingo from Cleveland

Are you really trying to compare Lawson, who has been around the Bills all offseason and Mingos situation?

Will Bellichick make it as easy as he did for Haynesworth or how about Ocho Cinco?

Lawson has yet to even practice against NFL competition. All they have to do with Mingo is tell him to rush the passer on 3rd down. If he gets 5+ sacks, it's a win for them.

And you can point out the bad NEs pickups but I guess Moss, Dillion, Shread, etc. don't count.

Also, I think this is setup by the Chandler Jones trade which was a huge loss for NE on the field (I think h had off the field baggage and forced their hand a bit).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawson has yet to even practice against NFL competition. All they have to do with Mingo is tell him to rush the passer on 3rd down. If he gets 5+ sacks, it's a win for them.

And you can point out the bad NEs pickups but I guess Moss, Dillion, Shread, etc. don't count.

Also, I think this is setup by the Chandler Jones trade which was a huge loss for NE on the field (I think h had off the field baggage and forced their hand a bit).

It's that simple huh? So simple he couldn't "rush the passer" in Cleveland.

He had exactly 0 sacks last year.

So 3 good pick ups in 16 years for Bill. He is a genius.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Yikes!!

@WillBrinson

Browns 1st-round picks 2011-15: Phil Taylor Trent Richardson Brandon Weeden B. Mingo Justin Gilbert Johnny Manziel Danny Shelton Cam Erving

Only one of those I liked in the 1st round was Shelton and I might've been way too high on him.

I did like Mingo but not 6th overall. He was an early Day 3 project with athletic ability. Massive reach.

Edited by Blokestradamus

If you want to compare Cleveland and NE, more power to you. I hate the Pats but I fail to see how this is a bad move for them.

I fail how to see at this point how it's a good move. It's just a move and just because it's the Pats** doesn't mean it's not open to criticism or that it'll work.

@LedyardNFLDraft

Even if Mingo ends up playing well, comparing the 2 only happens bc they were on same team. Sheard was never a disappointment.

That's all based on draft position. Sheard's sack numbers went down every year he was in Cle.

Ne didn't spend a #6 overall pick on Mingo. They are spending mostly likely a very low round pick on him. That is a good investment on a 25 year old who has some great physical characteristics.

I fail how to see at this point how it's a good move. It's just a move and just because it's the Pats** doesn't mean it's not open to criticism or that it'll work.

Well, going from a losing environment to a winning one helps every player.

And I loved the Hughes move at the time. I love the idea of getting a 1st pick for basically nothing. I would welcome Mingo for a low round pick. Mingo has had more sacks than Highes in his first 3 years.

If the Bills made this move, would you like it?

*** April 2017 News Headline *** Just hours before the draft New England Patriots owner Bobert Kraft announced that they have re-signed pass rusher, Barkevious Mingo to a six year 103 Million dollar contract with no gauranteed money and have traded the revived defensive star to the Buffalo Bills for the 2017, 2018 and 2019 first round draft picks. Head Coach Rob Ryan says he is pleased with the deal.

I don't see anyone here mad about it. I see people weighing in and giving opinions.

youre being way too literal.

I think the NE hate (which I get) is affecting people's opinion on this. I would welcome a guy like this on the Bills for the price they probably are getting him.

*** April 2017 News Headline *** Just hours before the draft New England Patriots owner Bobert Kraft announced that they have re-signed pass rusher, Barkevious Mingo to a six year 103 Million dollar contract with no gauranteed money and have traded the revived defensive star to the Buffalo Bills for the 2017, 2018 and 2019 first round draft picks. Head Coach Rob Ryan says he is pleased with the deal.

Never ever quit that day job.