Whaley's best draft ever

Shaq Lawson is scheduled to start 8-10 games.

I'll believe it when I see it. So far he's 0 for 1 vs a tracking dummy. Who knows how good he is yet. Manny Lawson is proven and was a former 1st rounder pick too and they have Biermann and Alexander as well. Shaq might be good eventually but who's to say he's any better than what we already have when he didn't even make it to training camp

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll believe it when I see it. So far he's 0 for 1 vs a tracking dummy. Who knows how good he is yet. Manny Lawson is proven and was a former 1st rounder pick too and they have Biermann and Alexander as well. Shaq might be good eventually but who's to say he's any better than what we already have when he didn't even make it to training camp

Hmmm. Well, it's been reported that he'll be back sometime between weeks 6 and 8. How do you decide which reports you believe and which you don't?

Hmmm. Well, it's been reported that he'll be back sometime between weeks 6 and 8. How do you decide which reports you believe and which you don't?

I believe he will be back at some point but is he the starter day 1 when he gets back? I just had surgery in June and I'm weak as you know what 2 months out. Physical therapy has me working with 5 pound weights. Not sure that a rookie that's never even practiced at the NFL level is going to come in and unseat Manny Lawson who himself was a 1st round pick and has a lot of experience in this D

I believe he will be back at some point but is he the starter day 1 when he gets back? I just had surgery in June and I'm weak as you know what 2 months out. Physical therapy has me working with 5 pound weights. Not sure that a rookie that's never even practiced at the NFL level is going to come in and unseat Manny Lawson who himself was a 1st round pick and has a lot of experience in this D

Your original assertion was that Washington will be remembered as the only starter from this draft. Is that not what you meant?

That he didn't even make it to camp is immaterial; it's an injury, not an indictment of his ability.

As to who can say whether or not he's a better player than the guys we have in there now, well, he did lead the nation in TFLs, and he lead the conference in sacks. He was awfully good as a senior; far better than Lawson or The LorAx.

Does that mean he's a lock to be a great player in the NFL? Of course not, but there's no reason to suspect that a return to health would see him become a lesser player than those guys, so the fact that he's 10 years younger than Lawson bodes well for him to become a better player.

That he didn't even make it to camp is immaterial; it's an injury, not an indictment of his ability.

As to who can say whether or not he's a better player than the guys we have in there now, well, he did lead the nation in TFLs, and he lead the conference in sacks. He was awfully good as a senior; far better than Lawson or The LorAx.

Does that mean he's a lock to be a great player in the NFL? Of course not, but there's no reason to suspect that a return to health would see him become a lesser player than those guys, so the fact that he's 10 years younger than Lawson bodes well for him to become a better player.

I think he meant he didn't make it to TC, so we don't know how he performed relatively to our other players.

Your original assertion was that Washington will be remembered as the only starter from this draft. Is that not what you meant?

Yes he may very well be the only rookie starter this year. I don't see Shaq starting over Manny, at least not right away. You can't just throw a rookie out there after shoulder surgery and say welcome to the NFL good luck

I think he meant he didn't make it to TC, so we don't know how he performed relatively to our other players.

Correct, we don't know what we have yet and him not seeing NFL competition yet does not bode well for him coming back and being an impact player right away. We most likely won't get a return on investment until next year

I like Whaley but seriously the top two guys are hurt, 4 is a project and 5 is a drunk driver. 3rd rounder better turn into Deacon Jones I guess.

I never said habitual at all. I said he was a drunk driver which is a true statement.

when I read the word "is" thats what it sounded like.

guy gets arrested once for a dui and he is a habitual drunk driver? damn breh. thank God you are not a judge in any courtroom

Super Trolly over there lookin like106633_vlg.jpg

May be off thread but...

Guy 1 gets arrested once for DWI.

Vs...

Guy 2 who smokes weed at home playing xbox.

While.... guy number 3 is driving 4 kids in a minivan.

Who is the loser?

If not for Adolphus then this would be remembered as the draft that produced zero starters year 1 on a team that had a lot of holes to fill. Kudos to the OP for being able to see the glass as half full

Oh...Wait..WE still have 3 weeks to go for the Season Opener.....!!!

If not for Adolphus then this would be remembered as the draft that produced zero starters year 1 on a team that had a lot of holes to fill. Kudos to the OP for being able to see the glass as half full

That's because he already emptied quite a few before he got to that half full one.

:wacko:

This summer when NFLR was trying to come up with filler topics until TC started they rated every team's draft from four years ago. That was entertaining and informative. If memory serves, the Bills were graded at 88% or B+. Much higher than most teams in the AFCE.

There is no way to grade this year's draft. Will Ragland come back next year and. Be a starter or is a bust b/c he can't cover the pass. Does Shaq come in this year and make an immediate impact pass rusher, or is he Clowney, and is injury prone? I can keep going. Was Jonathan Williams just a knucklehead and made a dumb (not taking DD lightly as it's dangerous) decision, or is he just not that impactful as a RB.

This could be a great draft when the dust settles, or it could be terrible. No one knows. Instead of starting a thread on this year's draft, how about we grade 5, 4, and 3 years ago' draft? There we could probably ore accurately grade the front office's decisions.

Yes he may very well be the only rookie starter this year. I don't see Shaq starting over Manny, at least not right away. You can't just throw a rookie out there after shoulder surgery and say welcome to the NFL good luck

Correct, we don't know what we have yet and him not seeing NFL competition yet does not bode well for him coming back and being an impact player right away. We most likely won't get a return on investment until next year

That take strikes me as needlessly and proactively pessimistic.

That take strikes me as needlessly and proactively pessimistic.

You would think that after the declaration that our first 3 picks would be day 1 starters, and that being quite less than accurate, we wouldn't be so quick to assume production from an already injured rookie.