TOD 8/11: Around the AFCE - who has the best D?

:lol::lol:

The QB on your own team you love to hate outperformed Tanny in EVERY category besides gross yardage.

Maybe if Tanny had missed a few games the Fish would have won more than six.

If you really think Tyrod Taylor was a better QB than Ryan Tannehill in any year, ever ... then you really are who I thought you were.

If you really think Tyrod Taylor was a better QB than Ryan Tannehill in any year, ever ... then you really are who I thought you were.

Tyrod was better than Tanny last year, by any metric you want to consider (besides gross yardage). Them's facts, Tex.

Certainly I agree with this. But until Rex got here, there were zero problems with Mario. Suh, on the other hand, is a guy I'm not a giant fan of.

But talent wise, they are about as good of a DE- DT combo in the NFL. I just hope they won't suddenly become motivated this year.

And Mario is now 31, and players play drop off. Why is it automatically assumed that Mario still has the same exact skills he had in 2014, players play can drop off? There is a lot of mileage on that body.

Don't you think it's odd that Mario, having zero problems in 2014 as you said, could only get $12MM guarenteed for 2 years? I mean if he still has all that and a bag of chips surely a player of his "caliber" would have gotten way more interest and way more money?

By the way, it's ok to not like Rex's defense last year AND also not be ok with Marios play. You don't have to chose one or the other.

And Mario is now 31, and players play drop off. Why is it automatically assumed that Mario still has the same exact skills he had in 2014, players play can drop off? There is a lot of mileage on that body.

Don't you think it's odd that Mario, having zero problems in 2014 as you said, could only get $12MM guarenteed for 2 years? I mean if he still has all that and a bag of chips surely a player of his "caliber" would have gotten way more interest and way more money?

By the way, it's ok to not like Rex's defense last year AND also not be ok with Marios play. You don't have to chose one or the other.

+1

:thumbsup::beer::beer:

Jets. I think Bowles is a really, really good defensive coach.

I also think people are sleeping on the Fins way too much. People would have killed to have Suh and Mario on the same team before last season.

It's really sad that the Bills aren't the best defense in our own division when I thought we were going to challenge for best in the NFL before last season. Sad.

Yup. And you've made a solid case for why they might be the worst.