Longest trip to the opener?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone lives in say San Francisco, lived there all their lives, and is a fan of the Bills, are they true fans? Are they as real a fan as someone from Buffalo who is effected by the Bills in many ways, all the time?

Edited by hardwork

If someone lives in say San Francisco, lived there all their lives, and is a fan of the Bills, are they true fans? Are they as real a fan as someone from Buffalo who is effected by the Bills in many ways, all the time?

In this day and age (with Tune in Radio, DirecTV and message boards) the fan experience applies to anyone who wants to follow the team from anywhere in the world. But I would add - "most" Bills fans have some connection to Buffalo (their parents were from Buffalo, they grew up in Buffalo, they went to college in WNY, etc). There are very few "fair weather" or "bandwagon" fans like other teams in the NFL (e.g. Seattle, NE, Dallas).

Nebraska!!!

Are you seriously from Nebraska? Go Cornhuskers!!

I'll be coming from Tel Aviv. What prize do I get for being the winner?

You get a hearty "Congrats!"...that would be the winner. I would say "nice" but the moderators are watching this thread now.

My kids have lived in SF their whole lives and they are real fans. Even my daughter.

Coming from Wantagh Long Island, season ticket holder since I moved from Kenmore in 1982

Nice bro. Us Bills fans are sprinkled here in NYC with the majority being Jets and Giants fans. But i wear my Bills license plates proud when i drive. The only mistake I'll never make again is driving to Jets Stadium. I almost got arrested cuz the fans drove me crazy (details not included).

Not so, comrade. UUS-BUF is 5,748 miles but TLV-BUF is 5,785 miles, according to gcmap.com. I've got you by 37 miles.

UUS to Buffalo may be longer distance wise, but Tel Aviv to Buffalo would pass through about 20 time zones and 30 security checkpoints. Tel Aviv would be a longer trip timewise. It's a draw.

Home Opener or Season Opener - Will be at Baltimore, coming from Colonial Heights, VA. Can't make Home Opener in week 2 but I will be there for week 8.

Edited by TheBilz

UUS to Buffalo may be longer distance wise, but Tel Aviv to Buffalo would pass through about 20 time zones and 30 security checkpoints. Tel Aviv would be a longer trip timewise. It's a draw.

Other way around - TLV-BUF is farther but UUS-BUF is a 15 hour time difference (TLV is only 7 hrs)

But you're right about the security checkpoints. :huh: