Greg Salas = the new 7-11?

First of all they play four games with Garropolo. Second of all, if what's happening now over there holds, and Hogan becomes Brady's favorite, barring an injury to Hogan, you can comfortably bet that Hogan will have 1,000 yards. Your comment on their WRs fails to include the notion that many of them have been injured the last few seasons and they've had to dig deep into their depth chart at times. As well, LaFell nearly had 1,000 two seasons ago.

They haven't had top notch WRs since Welker who routinely posted 1,000 yards.

Remember Welker's numbers in Miami before he went to NE? If not, go look.

Right now, despite practice, Hogan is at best Brady's 3rd option, and likely 4th, because they will be running a lot of 2 TE sets again. I don't see how Hogan gets close to 1K.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great points. I guess the Bills should just go with Watkins and Wood because they only need 2 WRs.

LOL

No, actually, and to my other primary points on this team, they go with Watkins, who may not even see the field much this season and even if he does it likely won't be at 100%, and Woods because we have a moron for a GM.

Remember, I'm the one that said I would have drafted Treadwell and Whitehair which would have pretty much fixed our offensive problems all but completely.

Frankly, if Ragland is hurt, our D wouldn't be in any different situation whatsoever either.

Too many factors involved. Brady gets hurt, which wouldn't surprise me, Edelman's health, Hogan's health, etc.

I will bet you $1,000 though, offline and not publicized here, that Hogan adds at least then again 50% to his numbers here under Roman assuming he plays at least 14 games and that Brady plays all of his as well. I'm hardly willing to take a gamble on a QB that I have zero faith in (Garoppolo) otherwise.

I'll bet you $1000 he doesn't get 750 yards, which is three quarters of the 1,000 yards you mentioned, because he'll only be playing three quarters of the year with Brady. Fair enough? Edited by Doc

Right now, despite practice, Hogan is at best Brady's 3rd option, and likely 4th, because they will be running a lot of 2 TE sets again. I don't see how Hogan gets close to 1K.

This is why I can only read so much here.

Did you read either of the two links that I posted? No, I didn't think so.

Thanks for commenting intelligently. NOT!

Poster here seem to have a really difficult time distinguishing between facts and opinions. Granted, our society which tells us that whatever you believe can be the truth doesn't help, still, this stuff is blatant for those that spend even moments researching.

Good bye for now.

Edited by TaskersGhost

No, actually, and to my other primary points on this team, they go with Watkins, who may not even see the field much this season and even if he does it likely won't be at 100%, and Woods because we have a moron for a GM.

Remember, I'm the one that said I would have drafted Treadwell and Whitehair which would have pretty much fixed our offensive problems all but completely.

Frankly, if Ragland is hurt, our D wouldn't be in any different situation whatsoever either.

What makes you think Watkins won't see the field much this year? Is that another bet in the making?

And the reason why they need someone to replace Hogan is because they will be running sets that feature more than 2 WRs. They'll even need a fourth and fifth wide receiver, if you can believe it!

This is why I can only read so much here.

Did you read either of the two links that I posted? No, I didn't think so.

Thanks for commenting intelligently. NOT!

Good bye for now.

Listen buster. You're the one who threw out the 1,000 yard marker and then immediately back tracked. So, I'd be careful about tossing the word intelligent, if I were you.

First of all they play four games with Garropolo. Second of all, if what's happening now over there holds, and Hogan becomes Brady's favorite, barring an injury to Hogan, you can comfortably bet that Hogan will have 1,000 yards. Your comment on their WRs fails to include the notion that many of them have been injured the last few seasons and they've had to dig deep into their depth chart at times. As well, LaFell nearly had 1,000 two seasons ago.

They haven't had top notch WRs since Welker who routinely posted 1,000 yards.

Remember Welker's numbers in Miami before he went to NE? If not, go look.

I see Hogan following in the same manner. We spent all of our time forcing the ball to Sammy and that's what I mean about good v. not-good coordinators. Good ones, and good Head Coaches, get the most from their team, not necessarily only from certain players. Sammy's overrated anyway. Good yes, great, hardly. If he can't stay on the field this season, and at this point the signs are all pointing to the notion that it's going to be a monumental struggle, then his value to us plummets.

True, I did not take into account the injuries, although Edelman was previously quite durable. I get your point, but the thesis is based on Hogan being a top-notch receiver. I really don't see him as one, but we'll have to wait and see how he does this year to find out.

Sammy is not overrated and we did not force the ball to him. He was targeted 96 times compared to Woods' 80 and Clay's 77. All three missed some time. 96 targets is hardly forcing it. In fact they should have been targeting him more.

OK, I'm going to stop there, didn't even read the rest. HIs offenses in SF never cracked the top 10. 11th, 11th, 11th, 25th in scoring, 26th, 11th, 24th, 20th in yardage. Did you research this prior to commenting?

And DUH, of course he's a run-oriented coordinator, hence a HUGE part of the problem in a league WHEREBY THE RULES ARE WRITTEN TO FAVOR THE PASSING GAME!

Hence my comments.

Sorry, I meant top 4 in rushing specifically. I understand the frustration with Roman on your part and I've heard the same from 49ers fans. I've watched plenty of SF games and I've seen a lot of brilliant gameplanning along with a few puzzlers and duds. We had a lot of injuries last year and a new QB. Let's see what he's got this year.

Edited by Big C

Listen buster. You're the one who threw out the 1,000 yard marker and then immediately back tracked. So, I'd be careful about tossing the word intelligent, if I were you.

LOL

And because I think Hogan can easily have 1,000 yards means that you'll take the upper limit on that wager.

And what, you're willing to concede my entire point now, namely that Hogan will do better with a coordinator and team that utiizes him to his strengths? Is that it? Come again on intelligence. LMAO

Are you really that dense to think that this would be a good deal for anyone? Your comment on intelligence, here, is laughable.

BTW, I've got one clown arguing with me on my comments about how Roman doesn't adapt by telling me that he's a run-oriented coordinator in a league that creates the rules to make passing easy and the way to both gain yards and score.

You seriously can't make this nonsense up. Talk about a lack of intelligence. On top of that posters just throwing out data and numbers that don't exist as if because the said so that they're true.

Seriously, this place is a never-ending source of amusement.

And I said PM me. We're finished here.

BTW, are you willing to put up $1,000 on any "upper limit" comments that you make?

If not, you willing to relate that to "intelligence," or common sense there genius?

Watkins, Little, Woods, and Salas.... Goodwin can go jump hurdles for all I care, and Dez isn't an NFL calibre receiver yet... If we get stronger contributions from the TE position, and increased productivity at QB, that should make a damn decent offense. (Structurally speaking).

Hogan played in 612 offensive snaps to Salas' 59. So it's more like 31 catches for 425 yards. Sounds familiar.

He's never caught 31 passes in a year, let alone 48.

The difference that you and GG want to ignore is that Hogan actually caught the passes.

He hardly played in the Dallas game, but was a clear #3 vs Jets, and got 3 critical first downs. So yeah, carry on with your narrative

It's not really a narrative to point out the shakiness of extrapolating a season's worth of data from a single game. Is it?

I mean why stop there? Forget Salas--the real gem in the WR depth chart is....Marcus Easley! "Prorated over a whole season", he would have had 928 yards and 16 TDs!

He's never caught 31 passes in a year, let alone 48.

The difference that you and GG want to ignore is that Hogan actually caught the passes.

It's not really a narrative to point out the shakiness of extrapolating a season's worth of data from a single game. Is it?

I mean why stop there? Forget Salas--the real gem in the WR depth chart is....Marcus Easley! "Prorated over a whole season", he would have had 928 yards and 16 TDs!

And Salas was never a #3 WR, while Hogan was #3 in each of the last two years, and was #2 for a good stretch last year. It's those apples to apples thingie.

LOL

And because I think Hogan can easily have 1,000 yards means that you'll take the upper limit on that wager.

And what, you're willing to concede my entire point now, namely that Hogan will do better with a coordinator and team that utiizes him to his strengths? Is that it? Come again on intelligence. LMAO

Are you really that dense to think that this would be a good deal for anyone? Your comment on intelligence, here, is laughable.

BTW, I've got one clown arguing with me on my comments about how Roman doesn't adapt by telling me that he's a run-oriented coordinator in a league that creates the rules to make passing easy and the way to both gain yards and score.

You seriously can't make this nonsense up. Talk about a lack of intelligence. On top of that posters just throwing out data and numbers that don't exist as if because the said so that they're true.

Seriously, this place is a never-ending source of amusement.

And I said PM me. We're finished here.

BTW, are you willing to put up $1,000 on any "upper limit" comments that you make?

If not, you willing to relate that to "intelligence," or common sense there genius?

Lucid thoughts are a good thing. You should try it.

I'm not the one who threw out that Hogan can be a 1,000 yard receiver and then backtracked in the next post.

Hogan had a perfect opportunity last year to accumulate yards. And all he showed was that he was a JAG. He was our JAG, but a JAG nonetheless. Danny Amendola had a better track record than Hogan going to NE, and he hasn't come close to cracking 1,000 yards.

And Salas was never a #3 WR, while Hogan was #3 in each of the last two years, and was #2 for a good stretch last year. It's those apples to apples thingie.

Lucid thoughts are a good thing. You should try it.

I'm not the one who threw out that Hogan can be a 1,000 yard receiver and then backtracked in the next post.

Hogan had a perfect opportunity last year to accumulate yards. And all he showed was that he was a JAG. He was our JAG, but a JAG nonetheless. Danny Amendola had a better track record than Hogan going to NE, and he hasn't come close to cracking 1,000 yards.

Salas has never been #3 because he couldn't stand out in a crowd that includes Jeremy Kurley, David Nelson, Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates.

Salas was an 8 catch a year receiver on a team with one good WR (Decker for one year) while he was there.

amazing the effort here to degrade the Bills. almost think it was a Patriots website after this bluster

Or should i use the term denigrate, too sound more intelligent?

Edited by 3rdand12

amazing the effort here to degrade the Bills. almost think it was a Patriots website after this bluster

Or should i use the term denigrate, too sound more intelligent?

No one is degrading the Bills. Just pointing out silly statements.

you sure? I am not one to defend the Bills org. over the years that's for sure.

But the effort to report statistics occasionally seems excessive.

Maybe I do lack the intelligence to offer an opinion though. it has been noted that some do. I take issue with that. And thats my prerogative

If it's a problem you have with Salas, then fine. One from among Hankerson, Little, or Boykin can do the job since each of them has had at least one season where he out-gained Hogan's best season.

But the reality is that the guy replacing Hogan will be the 5th option most times behind Sammy, Bob, Chuck, and Shady/Karlos//Mike(/Reg/Johnny). Just like Hogan was.

If it's a problem you have with Salas, then fine. One from among Hankerson, Little, or Boykin can do the job since each of them has had at least one season where he out-gained Hogan's best season.

But the reality is that the guy replacing Hogan will be the 5th option most times behind Sammy, Bob, Chuck, and Shady/Karlos//Mike(/Reg/Johnny). Just like Hogan was.

Exactly.

i only had a problem with the odd use of stats for a one game WR.

Exactly.

i only had a problem with the odd use of stats for a one game WR.

Fair enough. But I still don't think it's much of a stretch to say he could replace Hogan's production. Replacing even Woods' production, though, I would consider a stretch.