What You'd Miss The Most

Chef Jim

When I lived in the Cleveland area:

- Family & friends

- Blossom*, especially taking food and wine and seeing the orchestra there in the summer (*it's a large outdoor music venue)

- West Side Market

- Favorite haunts (restaurants, bars, etc.)

- Metropark System

- Cedar Point

- Lake Erie

Buffalo:

- Friends

- Favorite haunts

- Skiing

- Finger Lakes

- Erie and Ontario Lakes

- Proximity to Canada incl. Toronto, Niagara-on-the-Lake, etc.

Did that in 2003, moved back to syracuse for a year, and you're right, it was a disappointment. went back to Richmond as soon as we could

That's a good attitude.

I feel the same way. I am also of the view that I should never go back to a prior place, because it likely won't be the same as you remember.

My yard. There is 20 miles of wilderness in one direction of my yard, and thick woods between my neighbors. I float in my pool and feel like I'm miles from everything. I also like being just an hour out of Boston. I'm just starting to learn the secrets of getting around the traffic. I'd also miss never paying sales or state income tax. I've lived in NH now longer than anywhere else in my life and it feels like home, but one thing I won't miss are the winters.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

like JR stated, I think my expectations were a bit skewed, plus i probably did it for the wrong reasons....regardless it all worked out in the end, hell, i got to be in town when SU Hoops won the Nat'l Championship, so I had that going for me.

What specifically disappointed you

Colorado Springs: the friends I've made here over the past 20 years

Colorado: the small mountain towns and absolutely nothing else. Everyone raves about this place, like it's the end all and be all of places to be, maybe there's something wrong with me because I just don't get it. Sure it's nice, but it's not Valhalla. If you voice that thought to others, you get looked as if you have a third ear growing out of your forehead. If I could convince Mrs. Bullpen to pull up stakes and leave tomorrow, I wouldn't look back.

My yard. There is 20 miles of wilderness in one direction of my yard, and thick woods between my neighbors. I float in my pool and feel like I'm miles from everything. I also like being just an hour out of Boston. I'm just starting to learn the secrets of getting around the traffic. I'd also miss never paying sales or state income tax. I've lived in NH now longer than anywhere else in my life and it feels like home, but one thing I won't miss are the winters.

Not to get all political but very interesting hearing this coming from you of all people.

Colorado Springs: the friends I've made here over the past 20 years

Colorado: the small mountain towns and absolutely nothing else. Everyone raves about this place, like it's the end all and be all of places to be, maybe there's something wrong with me because I just don't get it. Sure it's nice, but it's not Valhalla. If you voice that thought to others, you get looked as if you have a third ear growing out of your forehead. If I could convince Mrs. Bullpen to pull up stakes and leave tomorrow, I wouldn't look back.

Funny. You'd think you'd get the from everyone in CA. But though I think most everyone who lives here absolutely loves it (KD....just so you know you're never leaving) almost every one that lives here hates at least one thing about it.

Leaving the south shore of Long Island I would miss:

the close proximity to New York City,
the casual weekends,

boating right from my dock and the sunsets.

I would not miss:

the traffic,

the taxes,

the whining complainers who will B word about anything that doesn't go their way,

the cost of living in Nassau county.