Which FA and rookie will have the most positive impact?

Impact newcomers to Bills in 2016  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which new FA acquisition will have the most positive impact on the Bills season?

• Zach Brown, LB
    • Leger Douzable, DT
    • Robert Blanton, S
    • Sterling Moore, CB
    • Corey White, CB
    • Fernando Velasco, OG/C
    • Leonard Hankerson, WR
    • Jim Dray, TE
    • Lorenzo Alexander, LB/ST
    • Colt Anderson, S/ST
    • Jamari Lattimore, LB/ST
    • James Wilder, Jr., RB
    • Jarrett Boykin, WR
    • Greg Little, WR
    • Blake Annen, TE
    • Jerel Worthy, DE
    • Other
  2. 2. Which rookie will have the most positive impact on the Bills season?

• Reggie Ragland, LB
    • Shaq Lawson, DE/OLB
    • Adolphus Washington, DE
    • Cardale Jones, QB
    • Jonathan Williams, RB
    • Kevon Seymour, CB
    • Kolby Listenbee, WR
    • UDFA (Striker, Gronk, Zimmer, etc.)

Hmmm

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 9m9 minutes ago

Chris Trapasso Retweeted NumbBillsFan Podcast

My guess = he'll play Mario's old position, 5T with some two-gapping responsibilities.

Chris Trapasso added,

NumbBillsFan Podcast @NumbBillsFan
Rex Ryan said on @JohnMurphyShow 3rd pick Washington will be running with the 1s all camp.

Hmmm

Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso 9m9 minutes ago

Chris Trapasso Retweeted NumbBillsFan Podcast

My guess = he'll play Mario's old position, 5T with some two-gapping responsibilities.

Chris Trapasso added,

NumbBillsFan Podcast @NumbBillsFan
Rex Ryan said on @JohnMurphyShow 3rd pick Washington will be running with the 1s all camp.

Indeed...he's the "E" in Rex's front in his playbook. Marcell is the "N" and Kyle is the "T". Jerry Hughes is the "R" in odd fronts and the "E" in even fronts.

Indeed...he's the "E" in Rex's front in his playbook. Marcell is the "N" and Kyle is the "T". Jerry Hughes is the "R" in odd fronts and the "E" in even fronts.

Care to explain that in a little more depth? He playing inside or out? I know Rex will line anyone up anywhere but is their hope that Washington can play a fair amount of snaps as a nose? No way right?

Care to explain that in a little more depth? He playing inside or out? I know Rex will line anyone up anywhere but is their hope that Washington can play a fair amount of snaps as a nose? No way right?

Sure...let's take the following play set as an example:

steelers5.jpg

Washington will be an "E" in this set, and his responsibility in this package is to force the tackle to protect inside, clearing room for the nickel blitzer.

Edited by thebandit27

Washington will be an "E" in this set, and his responsibility in this package is to force the tackle to protect inside, clearing room for the nickel blitzer.

So, Marcell at 0, Kyle at 3/5, Adolph at 5? For the sake of technique designation.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I'm thinking Ragland as losing Brandon Spikes was a bigger loss to me last year than most. A tough run stopping LB was a clear need last year. Also LBs put up the volume stats that people like to see when thinking about impact.

^Edited for clarification, but yes.

I'd still fancy Bryant playing that 5-Tech role early. Adolphus didn't learn to use his hands overnight. :lol:

I would prefer him to rotate between 3/5 as a rookie and take over at 3 when Kyle is done. Think it's his best fit unless his technique adapts well.